Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Didn't manage it today, still steaming pissed
  • Options
    Was running about 10 minutes late and half way there it started to rain heavily so went back home for a full English, me and the boy have both promised to do the course tomorrow morning regardless of the weather.....
  • Options
    Pissing down today so swerved it. 12 miles + tomorrow though.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

6) The Marshalls picking up their signs and walking in as you pass them on your last lap

it's worth having a quiet word with the run director about that. while it's not put you off it's the sort of thing that could easily mean a first timer doesn't come back
  • Options
    rina said:

Riviera said:

6) The Marshalls picking up their signs and walking in as you pass them on your last lap

it's worth having a quiet word with the run director about that. while it's not put you off it's the sort of thing that could easily mean a first timer doesn't come back
    My list was just a bit of fun.
  • Options
    Very glad I planned my weekend run for this morning rather than yesterday, what a contrast
  • Options
    A very disappointing 43:08 (unofficial) today. Legs were dead but I think the Father Christmas hat slowed me down...
    Brilliant turnout today, must have been close to 300.
  • Options
    Gutted to miss this morning, got a shitty cold, bad chest etc so decided to swerve it. Regretted it come 9am
  • Options
    First one back after 6 months off. Bloody missed it. About 5 mins slower than average and legs are still like jelly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just passed 700kms for the year - mostly at altitude, often in the snow & below freezing (and that’s just July over here!). Ithink that’s easily more than my previous 48 years combined - never too late to get out there and run....
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Currently have a groin strain caused by playing football against a team of 17/18 year olds.

Little bastards turn on a sixpence, but have no stamina. Managed to beat them 8-6 over 90 minutes.

Football is bad for running... Confirmed.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Northala Fields xmas parkrun done. met up with a few friends, had a singsong with a specially written parkrun version of the 12 days of christmas, ran 5k in lovely conditions, got fed Nepali momos and now home in time for breakfast (having to pretend I haven't already eaten in the park). cracking start to the day
  • Options
    Just run 8k through -0.5 frost covered fields. Not eaten yet and halfway through a glass of prosecco and feel smashed. Bloody love Christmas.
  • Options
    Five miles this morning - must be an allowance for an extra bit of pudding later...
  • Options

Five miles this morning - must be an allowance for an extra bit of pudding later...

Did you hop? :wink:
  • Options
    Christmas Day parkrun around Mountsfield Park in Catford, around the bowl of The Mount. Buck’s fizz, sherry, mince pies and biscuits at the end!
  • Options

Christmas Day parkrun around Mountsfield Park in Catford, around the bowl of The Mount. Buck’s fizz, sherry, mince pies and biscuits at the end!

@InspectorSands I'm glad you mentioned the Mount, I'm planning on running Catford on NYD and it hadn't even occurred to me that it was round the mount. Was the stadium in the loop you do in the bottom left corner of the route map?
  • Options
    rina said:

@InspectorSands I'm glad you mentioned the Mount, I'm planning on running Catford on NYD and it hadn't even occurred to me that it was round the mount. Was the stadium in the loop you do in the bottom left corner of the route map?
    Yup, the very one. I might be there too on NYD.
  • Options
    231 at Avery Hill this morning and 369 at Danson. Unbelievable turnouts.

Hoping for a little cobweb blowing in the morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

231 at Avery Hill this morning and 369 at Danson. Unbelievable turnouts.

Hoping for a little cobweb blowing in the morning

there were 2011 at Bushy. incredible
  • Options
    229 at Avery Hill this morning, noticing one or two more Charlton in recent weeks.

Was a lovely morning for a run, perfect conditions.

Anyone else out this morning, how did you do?
  • Options
    Diabolical performance today at Bedgebury and a good 3 minutes off pb.

Was not surprising after 7 days of drinking late nihghts and junk food and just glad I didn't keel over.

Glad I did it though and big numbers there
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    In my last 6 Parkruns I’ve had 5 with amazing consistency, finishing within a spread of 16 seconds. And then a random one in the middle where I run 52 seconds faster than my next best. Can’t explain that one or why it wasn’t so significantly different as I didn’t feel I was running any faster.
  • Options
    My first run for 5 weeks and just wanted to get below 30 mins to test if my back was up to it! Surprised to get below 28 mins and feeling ok ! Have decided to have an alcohol free and healthy January with a 5k a day for 30 days
  • Options
    Starting next Saturday to appease the missus. Hate running but willing to give it a go.

Hope I get to be as good as all the Mo Farahs on here.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Starting next Saturday to appease the missus. Hate running but willing to give it a go.

Hope I get to be as good as all the Mo Farah Slater's on here.

;)

• Options
    For all you ParkRunners, there's a podcast interview with the Chief Executive of ParkRun you might be interested in - all about how it started and has grown etc.

It is available on iTunes etc, but also here:

https://drchatterjee.com/parkrun-celebration-community-nick-pearson/
  • Options
    did woodhouse moor in leeds before heading to barnsley. possibly the windiest run ever, I was really fighting to not get blown off the path at times, good fun though
  • Options
    rina said:

did woodhouse moor in leeds before heading to barnsley. possibly the windiest run ever, I was really fighting to not get blown off the path at times, good fun though

Did they supply the hobnail boots?