Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:

By my reckoning 26.30, a pb. However, they changed the course due to firework night so no hill and by my reckoning it was 100m short. Still pleased though! Met another addick en route, though was beyond saying much

Well done mate
  • Options
    30.23, was a real struggle today, just couldn't get in to it, it was the first proper exercise since the last Parkrun 2 weeks ago, I'll normally run the 4k home from work a couple of times a week but not been able to since the clocks changed as it's pitch black when I finish, I might start swimming once or twice a week now to keep my self going between Parkrun's.
  • Options
    Tried Maidstone parkrun yesterday as great lines was off , nice picturesque course following the river but hard to get a good time as quite a lot of it is single file,still 25.30 is a good time for me considering I’m an old git
  • Options
    Scored a Hilly Field PB of 33:03 yesterday, which I wasn't expecting. Had an old Charlton top on and a Wolves fan shouted "come on you Blades!" which made me do a double-take...

Got roped into helping out with the junior parkrun there this morning - I've done it a few times and it's great fun, some of the older ones are clearly going to be fantastic runners in a few years, and the little kids generally just seem to be enjoying themselves. A world away from games lessons years ago!
  • Options
    One thing I noticed from yesterday’s results from my one were that 6 out of the first 10 blokes through the funnel were over 45. Being able to run 18/19 min 5ks at that age is just mental imo
  • Options
    Good luck to all those out this morning, you’ve got another good morning for it
  • Options
    Looks sunny if I open the curtains
  • Options
    Struggled to a 26.30 today ! Did notice there’s a Santa run at Greenwich Park on 22nd December (the day we play Gillingham) 5 or 10k ! Follow it with breakfast and pub crawl to the valley or drink in Greenwich pre game ,perfect day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A disappointing 44.17 after last weeks new PB. Don't know why, ran most the way (more than last week), started very well. Yes it was muddy but 80% of the course is on concrete path. Just another 40 to do to get my first tee shirt.
  • Options
    28.20, slow today... I did a 10k yesterday and was a bit stiff. Love that it gets me up and active on a Saturday
  • Options
    I also did Avery Hill this morning and managed 33:23, not bad for a new course with a fair amount of mud! That uphill before the end of each lap is a gentle killer!

(Saw a small kid with a Palace top there, heck, hadn't realised the rot had spread that far into our patch...)
  • Options
    Went to Dulwich this morning as a few friends were trying it there... Set a new PB (24.49) which I was well chuffed with after a few weeks off and a trip to NYC and all that entails last week too.... Not sure I'll be back at Dulwich...3 laps of the park, quite a 'fast' course as pretty much dead flat, but not as interesting as Danson... Am away next weekend but will be back at Danson on 24th... Lovely morning for it.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I also did Avery Hill this morning and managed 33:23, not bad for a new course with a fair amount of mud! That uphill before the end of each lap is a gentle killer!

(Saw a small kid with a Palace top there, heck, hadn't realised the rot had spread that far into our patch...)

Shame to miss you mate. I’ve been suffering from (what I think are) shin splints in both legs last month or so. Have decided to proper rest for a few weeks and hope that clears it. Gutted as was using it as a decent stress buster and missing it already. Last run was a 5 mile Monday night and legs are still sore now
  • Options
    Southwark park run this morning for me, in the shadow of the Den. Wouldn't overly recommend it, pan flat, boring and millwall shirts about. Just shy of 21 mins which was disappointing, although i haven't run much recently so not surprising.
  • Options
    olster said:

Southwark park run this morning for me, in the shadow of the Den. Wouldn't overly recommend it, pan flat, boring and millwall shirts about. Just shy of 21 mins which was disappointing, although i haven't run much recently so not surprising.

You would have gone sub 15 mins if you had your Charlton shirt on.
  • Options
    Well done @Riviera
  • Options
    Just did the "Chelmsford 10k" in just under an hour. It was a gun start and I was right at the back, so official time will be a bit longer... Beautiful bit of Essex countryside, I'm sure it was uphill most of the way... finish in the splendour of the Chelmsford athletics track, so it was just like the Olympics! I'm not sure going to the trampoline park in the morning followed by a pizza hut buffet was ideal preparation... I'm a bit stiff now. The sprint finish to wipe the smile off this middle aged woman who thought she could skin me at the end didn't help, but it was worth it.

I think I'll have to accept I'm not built for speed, but maybe distance... Might push it up to half marathon distance over a few weeks. I've time in the week for a long run, plus parkrun... Might try doing some intervals at lunch during the week to make the most of the time.

Anyone else any experience of going 10k to 21k?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two weeks since my last run. Since I started in June I’ve not gone more than a few days without a run and desperately miss it. Getting very bored with the cross trainer in the gym. Hopefully another week and I’ll be ok
  • Options
    Bang on 30 minutes yesterday although the little boy scanning the barcodes at the end didn't scan mine right so it won't count to my total runs.
    Got a really bad pain in the back of my leg behind the knee since, been really painful walking on it today.
  • Options

Bang on 30 minutes yesterday although the little boy scanning the barcodes at the end didn't scan mine right so it won't count to my total runs.
    Got a really bad pain in the back of my leg behind the knee since, been really painful walking on it today.

if you email the event team with your barcode details and your time they may add you in to the results
  • Options
    rina said:

if you email the event team with your barcode details and your time they may add you in to the results
    I'm not too fussed, forgotten my barcode 3 or 4 times before, just means I'll take a bit longer to get to 50 runs!!!
  • Options

Two weeks since my last run. Since I started in June I’ve not gone more than a few days without a run and desperately miss it. Getting very bored with the cross trainer in the gym. Hopefully another week and I’ll be ok

Ooof - at least you'll be back running by Christmas, with extra parkruns on Christmas Day and New Year's Day...

Back at Hilly Fields yesterday, a nice solid 33.55. Been working a bit in the evening the past couple of weeks which is lovely for my bank balance but has kept me away from GoodGym, which has really helped my progress. Probably back at Victoria Dock this Saturday, maybe Danson Park the week after that.
  • Options

Ooof - at least you'll be back running by Christmas, with extra parkruns on Christmas Day and New Year's Day...
    Mate, good luck to all those who get out for a run, swim or cycle on Xmas Day. Would selfishly love to do it but I just couldn’t justify an hour away from my kids on Xmas Day.
  • Options
    Saturday 22nd is a Christmas Special at Avery Hill where we are encouraged to dress accordingly. I'll probably manage a Father Christmas hat. Would love to do Christmas Day but I am not forsaking my breakfast of scallops, deviled kidneys, scrambled eggs, bacon and vintage champagne! Plus I have a pub to open at noon for which is our busiest day of the year.
  • Options
    I have started to do 10k to half marathon on aaptiv for the Big Half in March - hopefully will keep mojo going over Christmas