Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options

Two weeks since my last run. Since I started in June I’ve not gone more than a few days without a run and desperately miss it. Getting very bored with the cross trainer in the gym. Hopefully another week and I’ll be ok

Ooof - at least you'll be back running by Christmas, with extra parkruns on Christmas Day and New Year's Day...
    Mate, good luck to all those who get out for a run, swim or cycle on Xmas Day. Would selfishly love to do it but I just couldn’t justify an hour away from my kids on Xmas Day.
    Take them with you!
  • Options

Two weeks since my last run. Since I started in June I’ve not gone more than a few days without a run and desperately miss it. Getting very bored with the cross trainer in the gym. Hopefully another week and I’ll be ok

Ooof - at least you'll be back running by Christmas, with extra parkruns on Christmas Day and New Year's Day...
    Mate, good luck to all those who get out for a run, swim or cycle on Xmas Day. Would selfishly love to do it but I just couldn’t justify an hour away from my kids on Xmas Day.
    Were I single AND without any children, I'd love to do the same, however as I fear the Mrs and this will be the first Christmas that Rosa can start to really understand what's going on, I wouldn't miss a moment of it for the world.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just done a 5k in 20:37 (Average 06:38 per mile pace) I plan to go sub 20 before Christmas... (Last December I missed out by 8 seconds...)

Ugh fuck you and your quickness and your youth ;).

Well done mate, that's an excellent time.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just done a 5k in 20:37 (Average 06:38 per mile pace) I plan to go sub 20 before Christmas... (Last December I missed out by 8 seconds...)

Ugh fuck you and your quickness and your youth ;).

Well done mate, that's an excellent time.
    Type Golden Slug in the search thingy... I had to work my way there!
  • Options
    Never done the Xmas day park run as I work Xmas day, I've done the last 2 new years days though, not too many do it so its the only time I finish in the top 100!!!
  • Options
    I ran at Holkham Hall in Norfolk on Saturday and it was beautiful...truly stunning location and glorious weather.... I'l be running Dalby Forest parkrun on Xmas Day....family don't get out of bed, so no worries about annoying them...
  • Options
    not sure if I've posted about it on here before but xmas day at my local parkrun is the best. I'm by Northala Fields which is right by where all the Sherpas go to retire. the Nepali community come out in force to feed the 300+ runners and their families. the food and drink is fantastic, as is the atmosphere
  • Options
    rina said:

not sure if I've posted about it on here before but xmas day at my local parkrun is the best. I'm by Northala Fields which is right by where all the Sherpas go to retire. the Nepali community come out in force to feed the 300+ runners and their families. the food and drink is fantastic, as is the atmosphere

That sounds great
  • Options
    http://www.parkrun.org.uk/special-events

Useful link for anyone interested in park runs over xmas and new year. Will get updated as more are announced
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Struggled to a 26.30 today ! Did notice there’s a Santa run at Greenwich Park on 22nd December (the day we play Gillingham) 5 or 10k ! Follow it with breakfast and pub crawl to the valley or drink in Greenwich pre game ,perfect day

I am doing that. Did it last year. The runthrough events are great.
  • Options
    Good luck everyone this morning. My first run in 3 weeks, can’t wait.

Hope the rain holds off
  • Options
    Good luck... I'll be driving to Chippenham, bit hoping to get back on it next week
  • Options
    Downloaded aaptiv 10K to half marathon and did run 2 which was endurance. Don’t do parkruns anymore do croissant rubs instead. Run around Greenwich Park and pick up a croissant on way back. Lost mojo recently. Are any of you doing runuptoChristmas?

https://marathoninaday.com/
  • Options
    Muddy, energy sapping underfoot conditions and my dream of breaking 40min before I go back on the ale were thwarted. However a respectable (relatively speaking) 42.05 was my second best time since I started. So quite happy. Won't be running next week but back on the 8th.
    Incidentally the first time I finished inside the top 200, that is a fact and no one can take that away from me... ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ally Pally 20:53.
    Cold and bit slippery under foot in places. The 3 short sharp hills are a killer. Well done to all Charlton Life Park runners this morning
  • Options
    Cracking time Amos
  • Options
    New Danson PB for me....but still a minute off my PB time at (dead flat) Dulwich and short of my time at Holkham last week... Slippery underfoot...especially on the muddy downhill through the woods but excellent fun as always... :-)
  • Options
    Doing Crowborough 10k today. 6k of which up a steep hill apparently (3k x 2 laps). Will be chuffed if I get in under an hour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Doing Crowborough 10k today. 6k of which up a steep hill apparently (3k x 2 laps). Will be chuffed if I get in under an hour.

Good luck mate.

Did a 10k last weekend... 9 of the 10 splits were uphill, the only downhill one was bloody steep, that was my best by nearly a minute, and I don't think I could have stopped if I'd tried
  • Options
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    Good luck @RodneyCharltonTrotta

Smash that hour mate
  • Options
    New PB of 30:26 at Victoria Dock parkrun yesterday - more than a minute off my previous PB (also set there).

I think Victoria Dock is the flattest in London (and barely a blade of grass in sight for most of it), so it's the place to go to smash your records. Rain eased off just in time too.
  • Options

Cheers mate...49.30 on a hilly course...well chuffed!

That’s a very impressive run @RodneyCharltonTrotta well done mate
  • Options
    Did crystal palace on sat with my mum. No marshals out on course and it can be a bit confusing if you haven't done it before - so she ended up getting lost and doing > 6.5k! It's well worth a visit if you haven't been though - it's got a bit of everything.
  • Options

Cheers mate...49.30 on a hilly course...well chuffed!

That’s a very impressive run @RodneyCharltonTrotta well done mate
    Thanks mate. Feeling it today!

The first finishers did the 10k in 33 minutes the perverts!