Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Trying fast exercise, instead of my weekly 10-12k run.
    Sprinting as fast as I can for 30 secs up a hill. Then walk.back and do it again after a short rest. Doing it 4 times. 
    Tried first time in Saturday. I threw up afterwards. Did it again on Wednesday. Took me a good 20 mins to recover. Will give it a go again tomorrow. 
    Some studies suggest I'll lose more weight doing this, instead of a 10k jog.
    Who knows? Worth a go. 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Sprinting as fast as I can for 30 secs up a hill. Then walk.back and do it again after a short rest. Doing it 4 times. 
    Tried first time in Saturday. I threw up afterwards. Did it again on Wednesday. Took me a good 20 mins to recover. Will give it a go again tomorrow. 
    Who knows? Worth a go. 
    You will. Sprinting and hill sprints particularly  is one of the best exercises for fat loss.

99% of it comes down to diet after a certain age though.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Who knows? Worth a go. 
    You will. Sprinting and hill sprints particularly  is one of the best exercises for fat loss.

I do the 5/2 diet as well (600 calories) twice a week. And I've seriously cut down on the booze in the last 4 weeks. Surprisingly easy, as Heineken 0.0 and Clausthaler are acceptable replacements, if they're ice cold.

I'll keep doing the hill run. Really hope it works. Quicker exercise and more efficient. Win, win. 
  • Options
    Well done big man
  • Options
    Might get to one tomorrow for a pace check... Given the weather will decide in the morning.
  • Options
    Had to skip it again, still not up to it.

glad you enjoyed @MadGerman

• Options
    edited February 2019
    My second slowest time today, as I’ve not been running for a couple of weeks  32:08. It hurt. 
    My best still 29:07. 
  • Options
    MadGerman said:
    Finished my first ever parkrun. It was a bit windy at Victoria Dock. Great run. I really enyoed it. 
    Ah, I was there too! Ended up walking a fair chunk of it because it was ridiculously windy on the north side of the dock. Pleased with my 32:50, all the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    My second slowest time today, as I’ve not been running for a couple of weeks  32:08. It hurt. 
    My best still 29:07. 
    Respectable for a gentleman of your years though.

I wish I could still do it.
  • Options
    Really tough and windy this morning in lancing. Out and back course so flying first half with wind behind, but turning back felt like running through a brick wall! Managed to squeak in below 23.
  • Options
    New PB for me at Danson (surprisingly, after 4 pints in the Ale House last night).....cold and windy and really hard work running in to the wind at the top of the course... Very pleased I made the effort and looking fwd to some recovery ales later after the match...
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Who knows? Worth a go. 

This 100%

I think you need to know what works for your body, for example, I done the crazy insanity workout program for 60 days but my diet wasn’t exactly on point, I lost about a quarter of a stone starting at around 14st - whereas this year doing dry Jan and in 5 weeks with a mix of heavy weights and mild cardio I’ve lost 1st 2lbs but also my diet has been a mix of high protein/good fats and low carb so I agree diet is a huge factor in not necessarily weight but definitely fat loss - hope this helps others in some way :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    So windy and at its strongest in your face going up the main uphill part. Did 42:40 which is faster than my average so can't complain. 
  • Options
    Well done on your PB @Charlton Charlie and well done @razil
    turning out
  • Options
    Well done on your PB @Charlton Charlie and well done @razil
    turning out
    Where?
  • Options
    Danson
  • Options
    Danson
    Splitter! 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Danson
    Splitter! 
    I live in Bexley borough ya know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Skipped it today, did 8 miles in 59:39, fairly happy with that. (intervals that averaged 7:27 per mile for the whole run)

Also running 14miles with a target of 8:15-8:30 per mile tomorrow.
  • Options
    razil said:
    Riviera said:
    Danson
    Splitter! 
    So does @AFKABartram. Come and run with your mates! 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    razil said:
    Riviera said:
    Danson
    Splitter! 
    Out with my school crowd tonight and we realised I was the only one that still lives in the borough #spreadwings #propercharlton
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I've only ever lived in the Borough of Greenwich, and long before it was Royal! Born the year it changed from Woolwich to Greenwich. Really can't see me ever moving out of it. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    razil said:
    Riviera said:
    Danson
    Splitter! 
    We were talking about this on Saturday...
  • Options
    My fellow Plumstead Runner and friend Les Pullen is running his 250th Park Run at Avery Hill on Saturday.
    Another milestone to go with his 172 marathons.

An amazing feat considering he was air lifted to hospital after a heart attack on his 173rd marathon about 3 years ago now!

Go say hello to him if you're there.  The fella is a legend.
  • Options
    I’ll give him a clap, I’m hoping to get back in the saddle on Saturday, so to speak 
  • Options
    I’ll give him clap, I’m hoping to get back in the saddle on Saturday, so to speak 
    Bit extreme