Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    33:08 at Hilly Fields, a slightly frustrating five seconds off my PB there, but not bad considering I was working until midnight last night!

This chap came first: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2017/dec/12/running-on-empty-refugee-kent-ac-dame-dibaba

Did Princes Park in Liverpool last weekend - struggled a bit to 35:50 (was a bit out of practice and my calves were a right mess) but nice course and crowd.
  • Options
    2nd slowest time today but it was a bit of a bog so I had to walk the sections in the woods for my own H&S reasons 😛
  • Options
    Thought I’d controlled it but struggled really badly on the third lap, my slowest time for six months. Glad to get round in the end. Well done everyone 
  • Options
    A very ploddy 43:03 for me after last weeks heroics. 
    Good to see you back @AFKABartram, you looked pretty solid as you passed me. 
  • Options
    33:08 at Hilly Fields, a slightly frustrating five seconds off my PB there, but not bad considering I was working until midnight last night!

This chap came first: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2017/dec/12/running-on-empty-refugee-kent-ac-dame-dibaba

Did Princes Park in Liverpool last weekend - struggled a bit to 35:50 (was a bit out of practice and my calves were a right mess) but nice course and crowd.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed Princes Park. Lovely setting surrounded by some great Georgian architecture. It is my son’s home Park Run, although he is currently working in Edinburgh and going all over the place up there to do as many courses as possible. I keep thinking about getting started myself.....
  • Options
    2nd fastest time today but still a couple of minutes away from my PB, starting to wonder if maybe I took a short cut when I got that 😤😤😥
  • Options
    Husband did park run and forgot his barcode but posted a PB. He’s fuming. 
  • Options
    3rd week off due to minor operation on my leg...can feel myself getting fatter and slower. Lovely morning, so hope those who went out enjoyed themselves. Hopefully back next week...
  • Options
    28.26 disappointed, not least because I was pipped in a sprint finish with my brother in law. One of my worst times... Though first run for a few weeks, and I was big time out on the piss last night! Gonna put the time in to properly thrash him
  • Options
    He should be logged as "unamed" in the results. Contact the organisers and they'll probably change it for him

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should be logged as "unamed" in the results. Contact the organisers and they'll probably change it for him

Might tell him later. But not yet. 🤐
  • Options
    Ended up doing the timekeeping at Hilly Fields - in the windiest bit of the course! Brrrr!
  • Options
    Tough windy conditions again this morning on the coast. 2nd half running into the wind with tired marathon legs resulted in a last mile struggle. Still the best way to start the weekend. 
  • Options
    Blimey, sorry guys and girls but I can think of loads of better ways to start the weekend.
  • Options
    Silly Sausage :-)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    2nd fastest time today but still a couple of minutes away from my PB, starting to wonder if maybe I took a short cut when I got that 😤😤😥
    Can relate to that, I’m currently running 2 mins off what I was recording at the start of the year.  

Thanks to @Riviera for being a Marshall. 
  • Options
    Blimey, sorry guys and girls but I can think of loads of better ways to start the weekend.
    I always make sure I have a pot noodle and tommy beforehand so best of both worlds
  • Options
    Didn’t feel up to it today. 

Now i I feel guilty :-(
  • Options
    Silly Sausage :-)
    I think you’re taking this no swearing thing a bit too far mate ;-)
  • Options
    29.57 today, superhero parkrun in Newent Gloucestershire. It was our 6th birthday a good turn out  and we ran the course in reverse 🔀 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone out plodding this morning? My god that was the windiest I’ve run in. Last 1.5 miles was on a straight open road with head wind. Was leaning into it so much my nose was almost rubbing on the pavement!

awaits height-related joke...
  • Options
    Anyone out plodding this morning? My god that was the windiest I’ve run in. Last 1.5 miles was on a straight open road with head wind. Was leaning into it so much my nose was almost rubbing on the pavement!

awaits lack of height-related joke...

• Options
    Like running in slow motion today in that wind, still great fun 
  • Options
    Like running in slow motion today in that wind, still great fun 
    it was certainly challenging and only ever seemed to be a headwind, surely it should become a tailwind when you turn round
  • Options
    Did ok considering I've not run at all for 2 weeks. 42:14 which is faster than my average. Always like a sprint finish for the last 50m but simply impossible today with the head wind. 
     Doing my first "Tourist" run next week at Sizewell B Nuclear Power Station in Suffolk. 
  • Options
    In Ottawa, Canada watching my daughter race (Cross Country Skiing) - two local park runs to choose from. Both called off due to weather! Grrrrr.....
  • Options
    34.56 in the wind at Hilly Fields! 
  • Options
    Oakster said:
    In Ottawa, Canada watching my daughter race (Cross Country Skiing) - two local park runs to choose from. Both called off due to weather! Grrrrr.....
    blimey, it must be bad if the Canadians won't run in it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    20 miles in 2:34:18 this morning. Steadily progressing towards that sub 3:30 marathon.
    Great run last week, fell apart this week.

17m in 2:18:58 but have been ill the last few days when barely eaten a thing... So will have to take that... I just had no power in my legs despite feeling good in terms of cardio.