Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    I doubt it - he certainly didn't have a decent solution to any half decent tennis player he played during his other career!
  • Options
    Andrew Castle the tennis guy?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    se9addick said:

Yes

Sits just to the right of Ghenghis Khan

• Options

I know Leave voters have been told not to listen to experts so maybe they are getting their opinions from retired sports people instead. I'd like to know what Giant Haystacks thinks.

Think he's long since died along with Big Daddy and Mick McManus.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I know Leave voters have been told not to listen to experts so maybe they are getting their opinions from retired sports people instead. I'd like to know what Giant Haystacks thinks.

Probably that he feels hungry
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

So Brexiteers won’t listen to “experts” but are happy to pay attention to a tennis commentator on the intricacies of Britain’s membership of the European Union?
    One, not so reasonable brexiteer, please don't paint us all with The Chippy brush, it's not like anyone thinks all remainers are as vile as Red in SE8.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

So Brexiteers won’t listen to “experts” but are happy to pay attention to a tennis commentator on the intricacies of Britain’s membership of the European Union?
    One, not so reasonable brexiteer, please don't paint us all with The Chippy brush, it's not like anyone thinks all remainers are as vile as Red in SE8.
    Red definitely doesn’t think all brexiteers are vile. Just moronic

• Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

That’s fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

Which in of itself is wrong, it isn’t moronic to want to leave the EU per se, but it is moronic to want to do so in a way that damages the country.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

You are an unbelievably prissy snowflake! Why don't you try and post a constructive intelligent defence of Brexit rather than dishing out flags and complaining about other posters because you think they are being mean to you?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    To balance up the views of ex sports stars....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44957901
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Treason act should include people willfully damaging the country's economy. When we are all worse off, do Brexiters think we will shrug our shoulders and say oh well never mind! My bet is, within a couple of years you won't find anybody owning up to voting leave.

Maybe leave voters should pay more tax so that the remain voters can be compensated.

If (not certain) we leave then within 5 years the great unwashed will be crying out to rejoin.
    And those non Blair voters could get their brothers, fathers, uncles back?
    Most of the Tories voted for it too. Only the Lib Dems, SNP and PC opposed it en masse. Although Corbyn, Abbott and Mcdonnell all opposed it.
    Definitive whataboutery.
    And yet another example of why I'm a Liberal. voter.
    Are you accusing me of whataboutery after your blatant use of whataboutery?
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

You are an unbelievably prissy snowflake! Why don't you try and post a constructive intelligent defence of Brexit rather than dishing out flags and complaining about other posters because you think they are being mean to you?
    I have, several times, on this thread and its predecessors, not much point going round and round in circles though, added to the fact the longer this goes on, the less I believe I voted the right way I see little point in posting essays on a football forum. Doesn't stop me (mostly) being civil to others, even those I disagree with.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

I have, several times, on this thread and its predecessors, not much point going round and round in circles though, added to the fact the longer this goes on, the less I believe I voted the right way I see little point in posting essays on a football forum. Doesn't stop me (mostly) being civil to others, even those I disagree with.
    I have never given anyone a flag. I have never been uncivil to anyone on here, on this thread or any other thread, who has not been uncivil to me first.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Yes

Oh, lordy. I seriously had never heard of him. Now I know why.
  • Options
    Gary linekar in on the retired sportsman act https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44957901

Next up, Johnny Herbert...
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Gary linekar in on the retired sportsman act https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44957901

Next up, Johnny Herbert...

I guess you are not a big Twitter user. If you were, you would surely know that he has been tweeting lucid and often brave politics related comments for at least 2 years. His tweets often pick up 20k likes as well as a shedload of abuse. People have seriously suggested he should go into politics. Pretty sure he will support a new centre party.

• Options
    He could be our Imran Khan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Heard a great quote from Andrew Castle this morning. He said 'all remainers who keep getting on leavers backs, are unintelligent know alls and liberal fascists'. First half of that i totally agree.

Did he have a solution to the Irish border problem though?
    No he was talking about you i think.
  • Options

Heard a great quote from Andrew Castle this morning. He said 'all remainers who keep getting on leavers backs, are unintelligent know alls and liberal fascists'. First half of that i totally agree.

Whose ( who's) he?

:-)

Forgive me, Chips mate, I just couldnt resist...
    You are welcome no malice meant or taken... And you're right whose he.
  • Options

Quoting Andrew Castle is really desperate....
    Hope you don't quote anyone then, as that comment will come back to haunt you....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

What experts...
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

So calling people nazi fuckwits.... equals moronic, heard it all now.... The quote from AC was meant for people like him.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

What experts...
    A word of advice Chippy.

It’s comments like that which you are so adept that undermine and cast ridicule on any vaguely sensible post you might try to make on this subject and god knows there have been precious few.

When were yours... Do enlighten me.. Btw AC was talking about you too.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

What experts...
    A word of advice Chippy.

It’s comments like that which you are so adept that undermine and cast ridicule on any vaguely sensible post you might try to make on this subject and god knows there have been precious few.

Alan Curbishley was talking about me ?

By the way. Another post that offers fuck all.

lol agreed... Yours you mean.. Why would anyone of that quality talk about you... I have spent time with curbs and hand shook with him... You know anything about the importance of a hand shake.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Yes

What experts...
    A word of advice Chippy.

Alan Curbishley was talking about me ?

By the way. Another post that offers fuck all.

lol agreed... Yours you mean.. Why would anyone of that quality talk about you... I have spent time with curbs and hand shook with him... You know anything about the importance of a hand shake.
    Are you a Mason?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!