Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• There are no words ( other than Andrea fucking Leadsom, which covers it alll really)

• Since when was it either noble or the “right” decision to continue to pursue a policy that will knowingly make everyone’s lives worse off in the name of a political ideology?
    That's what's known as a false dichotomy, and shows the black and white (and wrong) thinking that got us into this mess
  • edited October 2018
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/14/will-mrs-may-bastards-risk-destroying-their-own-government

“The difficulty from the very beginning has been how to find an arrangement that simultaneously worked with the EU, satisfied the Conservative party and was capable of commanding a majority in the Commons. One way of looking at the last 28 months of Brexit torture is as a protracted and painful education in the impossibility of finding a satisfactory solution to this conundrum. Another way of looking at the last 28 months is as a long and expensive education for Britain that any deal is going to be suboptimal, because there is no deal with the EU that is better than the terms we currently enjoy as members. Any number of cabinet resignations are not going to change that.”

• Since when was it either noble or the “right” decision to continue to pursue a policy that will knowingly make everyone’s lives worse off in the name of a political ideology?
    its not political fucking ideology its what the electorate voted for ffs !!

Leave means leave. not stay in some convoluted customs union or tied to the EU in any wsy shape or form.

I for 1 salute MP's like her. Prepared to stand up & be counted & not meekly agree with whatever shitfest TM concocts with the EU.
    Oh dear Golfie - fifth time (I think) I have had to trot this out. Your heroes said we would be staying in the single market though, didn't they...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGt3QmRSZY

So you are wrong. Again.
    100% this. The biggest and single most important issue for Britain is remaining in the single market and the lies told by the scum in the video who peddled that and then tried to tell us they didn’t. Brexit campaign was a con trick of epic proportions and millions of us fell for it and now we’re falling for con trick II. The will of the people has to be honoured no matter how fucking mental that is.

• I see David Davis now twisting the knife he used on Teresa May’s back calling for a cabinet rebellion on May’s Brexit strategy. What a piece of work this man is. Happy to sit in a top job in which he achieved absolutely zero until it suited him to jump ship. Obviously sees an opportunity to grab her job. Like Johnson these people are self serving bastards.

Only positive I can see is that it’s now pretty obvious that the Tories are going to split asunder. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

His is being disrespectful to May. He shouldn't have taken the job in the first place and whatever your political beliefs, you should be able to recognise a traitor when you see one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure I have seen Boris bigging up the Norway option as well.
  • edited October 2018

Since when was it either noble or the “right” decision to continue to pursue a policy that will knowingly make everyone’s lives worse off in the name of a political ideology?

Leave means leave. not stay in some convoluted customs union or tied to the EU in any wsy shape or form.

I for 1 salute MP's like her. Prepared to stand up & be counted & not meekly agree with whatever shitfest TM concocts with the EU.
    The other day the thing that you said threatened 'leave means leave' was the IRA, now you say it is whatever shitfest TM concocts with the EU. Are you now saying TM is a member of the IRA?
  • Those like @Southbank who argue that :

- the EU is dominated by Germany
    - the EU is "bullying" or "trying to punish" Britain
    - politics in other EU countries is moving towards a similar 'exit' policy.

need to listen to this absolutely on the money report from the BBC's Mark Mardell this lunchtime from the Netherlands. Starts at 10.21 mins. If nothing else listen from 13.30 to a Mr Mulder, a Dutch MP in charge of Brexit preparation who delivers one of the best lines I've heard in the last three years, referring to a 'special relationship'....

Listen to the Dutch, for chrissake...

need to listen to this absolutely on the money report from the BBC's Mark Mardell this lunchtime from the Netherlands. Starts at 10.21 mins. If nothing else listen from 13.30 to a Mr Mulder, a Dutch MP in charge of Brexit preparation who delivers one of the best lines I've heard in the last three years, referring to a 'special relationship'....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN1KG1XP&ved=2ahUKEwjN8t6R0IbeAhVLCcAKHQFSC3UQFjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0yzFfi6B3Dqk5DnxiXFLJd&ampcf=1

Speaks for itself
  • edited October 2018
    Southbank said:

Those like @Southbank who argue that :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN1KG1XP&ved=2ahUKEwjN8t6R0IbeAhVLCcAKHQFSC3UQFjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0yzFfi6B3Dqk5DnxiXFLJd&ampcf=1

Speaks for itself
    Eurosceptic parties could reach a total of 17.3% of MEPs? Hardly suggests a great tide of anti-EU feeling in Europe.

It is dominated by Germany though.
  • edited October 2018

Oh dear Golfie - fifth time (I think) I have had to trot this out. Your heroes said we would be staying in the single market though, didn't they...

So you are wrong. Again.
    To be fair he’s right about one thing. Leave means leave. If Brexit is such a good thing we should just leave and reap the benefits of it.....a deal is irrelevant. If leaving the EU is such a good thing, all this deal stuff would be nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

I had missed that the Dutch have recruited an additional 1000 customs staff in preparation of a "chaotic Brexit". We, on the other hand, don't even appear to know how many we already have let alone have recruited and trained enough to cope with the extra work leaving will bring about...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-customs-officers-eu-uk-no-deal-europe-ports-airports-home-office-a8456881.html

Yet still people are prepared to put our faith in these fecking morons in charge.
    Ironic really, all of the Brexit nutters will have their blue passports back....but will be stuck in queues so long that they won't be able to use them.
  • "We are committed to ensuring that Border Force has the resources it needs to keep the UK safe." Queues at Heathrow and Gatwick were already exceeding two hours this summer. How are these people allowed to lie so freely?
  • edited October 2018

"We are committed to ensuring that Border Force has the resources it needs to keep the UK safe." Queues at Heathrow and Gatwick were already exceeding two hours this summer. How are these people allowed to lie so freely?

Yet they are two points ahead in the polls. Perhaps this country and the tories deserve each other.

• If it is a no-deal scenario then you are going to see utter carnage at all UK seaports and transport links.

The Kent coast, in particular, could get absolutely paralysed with tail-backs from lorries waiting to be allowed to board ferries going to Europe.

Once the UK leaves the EU then it becomes a rival state, why would the French make it easier for UK companies to import goods into Europe? Why would the Belgians do similar at Zeebrugge?

Now we really are going to get to the fun part and I can't hardly wait to see these Brexit charlatans exposed once and for all by cold, hard reality.
  • edited October 2018

"We are committed to ensuring that Border Force has the resources it needs to keep the UK safe." Queues at Heathrow and Gatwick were already exceeding two hours this summer. How are these people allowed to lie so freely?

Yet they are two points ahead in the polls. Perhaps this country and the country deserve each other.

ABC.

Anyone but Corbyn, (McDonnell & Abbott).
  • edited October 2018

Since when was it either noble or the “right” decision to continue to pursue a policy that will knowingly make everyone’s lives worse off in the name of a political ideology?

So you are wrong. Again.
    ffs !! no one is my hero. I didnt vote for any person or party. I voted to leave the EU. TM's Chequers plan (which is being watered down as I type) does not constitute leaving on 29th March. I dont care what anyone said pre or post June 2016. All I care about is that the Government deliver what they asked me to vote on. If they can't then fair enough.....but say it. Own up. Go on tv & say "sorry, we asked you to vote on something that is undeliverable. we were wrong. The UK can not leave the EU, ending freedom of trade & movement of people. we are incompetent because we didnt check this out before asking you. we will now have a GE so that you, the people, can decide what happens next".

Its quite simple. they asked a yes or no question......we should have an answer.

It is dominated by Germany though.
    The one thing that every German government have sedulously sought to achieve in the EU, mindful as they are of recent history, is not dominating it.

Germany is certainly the leading economy in the EU, but is generally happier to have had France or other EU states (including the UK) to take the lead in major political decisions about the future of the EU.
    I think the evidence points elswhere. When you look at the treatment of Greece - Germany was right of the heart of that. The Euro is a currency that is brilliant for Germany, less so for other countries. Having said all that, we will suffer a massive financial hit leaving the EU so we ought to agree it is daft to leave at least.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!