Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players you rated that few others did...

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

I liked Luke Varney yet never been able to understand what he was doing when he rounded the Burnley 'keeper and refused to shot... Instead he ran straight towards the goal and waited for the Defender to get back on the line before having an attempt on goal which was of course stopped by the Defender!! - We lost that 1-0

I remember it as a 1-1 draw. But I remember the moment well (i was in the north lower right in front of the attempt). He delayed his shot as I think he was surprised he'd rounded the keeper, his shot was then cleared by the defender off the line.
    I remember that 'miss' and think that was the turning point for him with us. His confidence seemed shot after that - and he was sold a couple of months later.

I thought he was more than good enough but it looked like the pressure of the transfer fee and the expectation that, and the previous, season was too much for him.
  • Morgan Fox - Always wanted to play for the team and had passion which many didn't last few seasons. He always tried too

One player i was excited we signed but disappointed he never had a chance was the striker Michael Smith
  • Red_James said:

Morgan Fox - Always wanted to play for the team and had passion which many didn't last few seasons. He always tried too

One player i was excited we signed but disappointed he never had a chance was the striker Michael Smith

Hopefully people learnt our lesson with Morgan Fox when we struggled at Left-Back before Jay Dasilva came into the side

Michael Smith played against us on Saturday for Bury, he's a beast now, never remember him being that size... Every goal kick was aimed towards him and the majority of those headers he won... Didnt have too many chances on goal but played well I thought
  • Reza... He had the talent just the wrong attitude at the club

Going by his goal record back in Holland he simply looks to be another player (Kezman and Afonso Alves are similar) who can manage the Eredivise and score goals for fun there yet cant quite adjust to the English game
  • I liked Luke Varney yet never been able to understand what he was doing when he rounded the Burnley 'keeper and refused to shot... Instead he ran straight towards the goal and waited for the Defender to get back on the line before having an attempt on goal which was of course stopped by the Defender!! - We lost that 1-0

That's was an abysmal season and I remember at the time thinking that moment summed it up.
  • edited September 2017

Reza... He had the talent just the wrong attitude at the club

Going by his goal record back in Holland he simply looks to be another player (Kezman and Afonso Alves are similar) who can manage the Eredivise and score goals for fun there yet cant quite adjust to the English game

That's the problem with the dutch league. For every striker coming from that league who can do it over here, there's at least 2 who don't
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Nug said:

Zheng Zhi was absolute quality.

not sure anyone didn't rate Zheng?
    I remember quite a few
  • edited September 2017
    Radostin Kishishev

Kevin Lisbie

There are others.

And from the present: Karlan Ahearne-Grant
  • Nug said:

Dazzler21 said:

Nug said:

Zheng Zhi was absolute quality.

not sure anyone didn't rate Zheng?
    I remember quite a few
    any that weren't fools?

That's the problem with the dutch league. For every striker coming from that league who can do it over here, there's at least 2 who don't
    Reckon Polish Pete could well become another like that
  • LenGlover said:

Radostin Kishishev

Kevin Lisbie

Cant believe Kishishev wasnt rated by everyone?

Agreed though; I really rate Ahearne-Grant and not willing to give up on him yet
  • LenGlover said:

Radostin Kishishev

Kevin Lisbie

Cant believe Kishishev wasnt rated by everyone?

Agreed though; I really rate Ahearne-Grant and not willing to give up on him yet
    Probably more 'Net addicks' than here to be fair but Kish used to get awful stick with the refrain 'he's not a premiership player being prevalent.'

Yep agree on Reza too.

His value has gone up £2m since leaving us... But he was pants apparently.

Personally the passing game we have begun to play, I think he'd really shine, the rough challenges he might enjoy less so...
  • Darel Russell, I thought in the title season he was better for the team than Dale Stephens

• can't remember the guy's name and it was only a season or so ago but the keeper that ended up at Alcoran, Marko Dmitrovic?

Looked more than capable to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2017
    Diawara, Motta, Fanni, Rommedahl, Sam, Youga, Green, Sarr
  • Conor McAleny... Apparently he was spongefoot mk.2 according to some

And then he came to the Valley with Oxford last season!!

George Tucudean!!... Another one who got too much stick from fans, he dominated the game against Derby in what was one of the best performances by a Striker I've ever seen at Charlton (i.e. the majority know how to stick it in the net but that match he knew what to do with the ball other than doing just that)

Sadly had he scored that goal against Millwall he'd never have got the abuse he received from many
  • Ironically a lot of are commenting on some of the Network Players... Tucudean | Sarr | Reza etc. proof they werent bad players they just either werent suited to the English game or needed more players (or Management) around them that knew the English game!!
  • Ironically a lot of are commenting on some of the Network Players... Tucudean | Sarr | Reza etc. proof they werent bad players they just either werent suited to the English game or needed more players (or Management) around them that knew the English game!!

Sarr gets a lot of stick because of the fee paid. If they'd paid what he's worth I think it'd be a different story although he did have some dreadful moments when he first arrived.
  • There is also a question about the nomination of players where we all, on here, seem to agree.
  • I always thought Moutaouakil was decent.

Now playing for Hayes and Yeading......so I could well be wrong :smiley:
  • Simon Francis.

I was excited when we signed him. Absolutely brilliant crosser of the ball but seemed to be a confidence player and once the fans get on your back the only way is out.....the captain in the Premier League. Shows what confidence - or lack of - can do to a player.
  • Stephan Andersen

Good shout.

I was his kit sponsor for a couple of years - decent keeper and a really nice guy.