Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Neighbour Upstairs Pt2.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Different things are acceptable to different people. My neighbours at No 10 (no, not that No 10) mentioned in passing that a car I used to have made their house vibrate when I started it up. I guess some people might think that was unacceptable. (Oh, I live at No 2, BTW).
  • Options
    This thread has taught me that about 98% could not live next door to my family and that my next door neighbour is a wonderful tolerant lady!
  • Options
    It's frightened the life out of me, the flat upstairs has been empty for 18 months, and previous to that was used 3 times a year by an immobile lady. Dreading someone moving in now.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

The guy that lived in the flat below me used to start his bike outside my window every day at 6am. It woke me every morning, that's early to me! So one day when in the pub I raised the topic quite friendly like...

For the next 7 years he freewheeled his bike to the end of the road and kick started it there. i thought that was very kind. Not sure he'd say I was a considerate neighbour mind.

Knowing you as I do, I think I'd have just bought a pushbike
    It was a pushbike. Princess.
  • Options

It's frightened the life out of me, the flat upstairs has been empty for 18 months, and previous to that was used 3 times a year by an immobile lady. Dreading someone moving in now.

Be afraid, be very afraid Eddie!
  • Options

TBH I wish I'd had the 'guts' to talk to some of my neighbours about their noise but have avoided it.

I think people living close to others should be considerate of others at all times - some people work shifts for example. I tend to go out of my way not to make a noise incase it upsets a neighbour. I was gobsmacked a few years back when a neighbour came round with a list of things we did that annoyed her. They included:

Mr Tatters starting up his motorbike at 4am - could he wheel it up the road and start it outside someone else's house? (He worked shifts).

Mr Tatters chopping wood in the garden.

The hens announcing their eggs - she had taken a video of 3 of them standing outside their coop bock-bocking after the other one had laid her egg.

I didn't know what to say - mainly because this neighbour was (in my view) the most inconsiderate person I've ever lived next to. Most weekends they had parties outside with 'loud pumping music' into the early hours, BBQ every Sunday with the same fecking music and they used to shoot things around the garden with an air rifle (sometimes from the upstairs window). Often found the pellets in our garden too. In exchange for Mr Tatters pushing his bike up the road and not chopping wood when they were eating dinner(?!) they stopped the air rifle stuff.

I guess what I'm saying is that most of us make noise which will annoy others, it's how you deal with it that matters. @sillav nitram I'd be inclined to speak to her about it, as others have said, rather than letting the annoyance build up inside you until you communicate in an 'unhelpful' way (!) Easier said than done - I've never managed.

I did also live below a woman who seemed unable to reach full orgasm. Disappointingly (for us all in the flats that surrounded her) she would start the old bed rocking and ever increasing moaning without finishing. The bed rock would then slow down and speed up again to no avail.

did you ever consider being a good neighbour and send Mr Tatters round?
    Mr Tatters had always been popular with the lady neighbours ..
  • Options

TBH I wish I'd had the 'guts' to talk to some of my neighbours about their noise but have avoided it.

I think people living close to others should be considerate of others at all times - some people work shifts for example. I tend to go out of my way not to make a noise incase it upsets a neighbour. I was gobsmacked a few years back when a neighbour came round with a list of things we did that annoyed her. They included:

Mr Tatters starting up his motorbike at 4am - could he wheel it up the road and start it outside someone else's house? (He worked shifts).

The hens announcing their eggs - she had taken a video of 3 of them standing outside their coop bock-bocking after the other one had laid her egg.

I didn't know what to say - mainly because this neighbour was (in my view) the most inconsiderate person I've ever lived next to. Most weekends they had parties outside with 'loud pumping music' into the early hours, BBQ every Sunday with the same fecking music and they used to shoot things around the garden with an air rifle (sometimes from the upstairs window). Often found the pellets in our garden too. In exchange for Mr Tatters pushing his bike up the road and not chopping wood when they were eating dinner(?!) they stopped the air rifle stuff.

I guess what I'm saying is that most of us make noise which will annoy others, it's how you deal with it that matters. @sillav nitram I'd be inclined to speak to her about it, as others have said, rather than letting the annoyance build up inside you until you communicate in an 'unhelpful' way (!) Easier said than done - I've never managed.

I did also live below a woman who seemed unable to reach full orgasm. Disappointingly (for us all in the flats that surrounded her) she would start the old bed rocking and ever increasing moaning without finishing. The bed rock would then slow down and speed up again to no avail.

But that's just a picture of a man with a big cock?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a flat in New Eltham which was a converted house. It was great for two years as there was nobody above me. And then a rather strange young lady moved in, who's father would come round during the week and do her washing. (I never asked)

But her washing machine was clearly not balanced properly and took everything off of my kitchen shelves during the spin cycle.

She wouldn't have any of it no matter how polite I was when I raised the subject.

Fortunately, I moved out not long after she arrived.
  • Options

that's Mr Tatters FACT he might have lost about 8st and got a new hat but that's him.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Reading all the comments on here I'd be very surprised if many of you could have lived in the rented flat I lived in about 5 years ago. It was above a pub who had a live band every friday night. Never bothered me & before you mention it I hardly ever went down there for a drink..........only popped in to ask the landlord to reset the internet connection every now & then as I "piggy-backed" it !! lol

Pub shut down & is now a Sainsbury local !! Also the pub ( and therefore the flat) was opposite the train station.
  • Options

You wouldn't want to be woken up at 6am every morning by a cock that size now, wudya?
  • Options

This thread has taught me that about 98% could not live next door to my family and that my next door neighbour is a wonderful tolerant lady!

Didn t know you were a motorbike man
  • Options
    My Dad used to push his car out of the garage before starting it as it was next to his neighbour's lounge. He did this for 50 years until about a year before he died as, at 86, he found it too heavy to push. For that year he left it outside. After he died she asked me to move it forward a bit as it spoiled her view from the window. When I sold his house she said she hoped the knew owners didn't have one of those dreadful, white 4x4s. Luckily they did.
  • Options

that's Mr Tatters FACT he might have lost about 8st and got a new hat but that's him.
    He's got lovely plumage.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Make the neighbour right on the 4am motorbike.
    I would though find out the days his not working and knock on your door, when you answered id ask how you liked being woken up at 4am
    So how does he get to work? Just wheel the bike all the way?!
    He can go on the bike.
    Your just have to put up with my early morning knock on the door the same as I do with the bike
    Silly comment.

Starting a bike up and going takes about 10 seconds.
    And oi if i get someone riding a motorbike down my road at 4.15am I'll know who give him my address
  • Options

cabbles said:

I'm half tempted to do a poll on how this will end, but I think afka will see it as an abuse of power

I don't think this has played out yet ... best wait for part 3. My money's on SN moving to a nice little terraced property outta town. (Hope he chooses wisely).
    I lived in a town called Rockdale, sounds like the flintstones I know, a suburb of Sydney, Australia. I did indeed live on the flight path to Mascot International Airport and the planes did fly that low over our house, used to wave to the passengers. But incredibly did get used to the noise!

Clearly my tolerance levels have vanished.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Make the neighbour right on the 4am motorbike.
    I would though find out the days his not working and knock on your door, when you answered id ask how you liked being woken up at 4am
    So how does he get to work? Just wheel the bike all the way?!
    He can go on the bike.
    Your just have to put up with my early morning knock on the door the same as I do with the bike
    Silly comment.

Starting a bike up and going takes about 10 seconds.
    And oi if i get someone riding a motorbike down my road at 4.15am I'll know who give him my address
    I thought your road was a dead end. A bit like your cock..........