Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton | Tue 16 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Gonna get dicked here. 2-0 to Oxford.
  • Options
    We have to win this. Another 1-0 result i reckon.
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

Are tickets available on the night?

Any answers on this? Can't buy tickets online anymore
  • Options
    Everything clicks into place and we win by 4 goals.
  • Options
    Jack Payne has 7 assists already this season, keeping that man quiet has to be the first job
  • Options
    We need to score first to have any chance of a point, let's hope the rain holds off and we can spray the ball around to effect.
  • Options
    l

We are currently 8 points behind Wigan and Shrewsbury all be it with a game in hand.
    We can't allow that gap to get any bigger and I don't think we will.
    2.1 Charlton to keep us right in the mix.

Not over worried about Shrewsbury, I can't see them staying clear in 2nd.

Wigan must be favourites for the title, there are then several teams would could get 2nd, and we are one of them. Oxford are another though, so tomorrow will be a tough match.

• Options
    Magennis
    Fosu Reeves Holmes
    JFC Kashi
    JDS Sarr Bauer Konsa
    Amos

Solly and Clarke rested after playing a lot of games.

We have complained about lack of squad depth for years now. We finally have it in some areas so we have to make use of it. Let's rotate now to reduce injuries over the season.

Marshall to get 25 mins in the second half.
  • Options
    To earth wind and fire - September

Ooowayooooo
    His name is Tariq Fosu,
    Ooowayoooo,
    He always scores a goal or two,
    Ooowayoooo,
    He never gives the ball away

• Options
    2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still nothing on buying on the day? Pretty poor for the club to have nothing about it.
  • Options

Magennis
    Fosu Reeves Holmes
    JFC Kashi
    JDS Sarr Bauer Konsa
    Amos

Solly and Clarke rested after playing a lot of games.

We have complained about lack of squad depth for years now. We finally have it in some areas so we have to make use of it. Let's rotate now to reduce injuries over the season.

Marshall to get 25 mins in the second half.

Think this is what we will go with too. Got a good feeling in me waters about this one, so guaranteed to get pumped, but, undeterred by my appalling predictions record, I'm going for 3-0 to the Addicks - reckon it's going to click nicely and we're built to do well away against teams who will look to attack us.
  • Options
    2-1 to us ricky and josh

ps josh needs to get on the scoresheet more often
  • Options

Back in UK for my Dad's funeral (Charlton supporter since 1947) so would it would be nice to honour his decades of pessimism and frustration with a tidy away win.

Never liked Oxford much as a city.

R I P to your dad Grumpy .. this should be a good game .. and the stadium is quite a way outta town (and gown) so you should be able to avoid the dreaming spires (or is that Cambridge ?)
  • Options
    Just spoken to the oxford ticket office and tickets are available on the gate tonight cash only!
  • Options

l

We are currently 8 points behind Wigan and Shrewsbury all be it with a game in hand.

Wigan must be favourites for the title, there are then several teams would could get 2nd, and we are one of them. Oxford are another though, so tomorrow will be a tough match.

Just going to point out that I was the only one* to pick Wigan for the title in our preseason predictions.

*Unless someone else did

But yea, I think Shrewsbury will come back down to earth. I could see Wigan running away with it. To me it's about staying in and around the top 6. I think our quality will tell as the season goes on. But we've got a new system and new players and I still think there's an element of bedding in. I expect us to kick it up a gear as the season progresses.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

l

Just going to point out that I was the only one* to pick Wigan for the title in our preseason predictions.

*Unless someone else did

But yea, I think Shrewsbury will come back down to earth. I could see Wigan running away with it. To me it's about staying in and around the top 6. I think our quality will tell as the season goes on. But we've got a new system and new players and I still think there's an element of bedding in. I expect us to kick it up a gear as the season progresses.
    Blackburn are still the only team I really fear could nip in there and pinch 2nd spot... they've got a lot of Squad depth and love it every time I see them struggling (like Saturday v Oldham) as its three less points for them against us

Shrewsbury I think will end up around 8th | Peterborough I think are too inconsistent (more so than us) and will hover around the Play-Offs (either getting a spot or missing out) - Same with Bradford, I think they'll end up in the Play-Offs because they dont score enough whilst Rotherham dont appear to have a good enough away record.

At the moment I'd put the top five as:

Wigan | Charlton | Bradford | Peterborough | Blackburn

Who that sixth team will be... Who knows, this League usually ends up with about half a dozen teams, four our five points outside of the Play-Offs come the final few games of the season with anyone being able to nick it
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

The main worry surely is that most other teams in with a chance will probably strengthen their squads come January.

We on the other hand have the Roland factor to consider.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First goal wins.
  • Options

I'll be in the Oxford end with my son in law. Be happy with a draw, but the deal is whichever of us finishes highest in the league will decide which ground my 4 month old grandson first get taken to.

Get your daughter to sort him out!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

The main worry surely is that most other teams in with a chance will probably strengthen their squads come January.

Blackburn have the Venky factor. Shrewsbury don't have the resources to make expensive signings, Fleetwood will lose Cole...
  • Options

SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

Blackburn have the Venky factor. Shrewsbury don't have the resources to make expensive signings, Fleetwood will lose Cole...
    Even with Devante Cole; Fleetwood look very hot and cold (beat Bradford 3-0 / lose 3-1 to Charlton in a week)

Portsmouth didnt look great when they played Gillingham but with Kenny Jackett they have a damned good Manager!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

me .. and I put money on them as well
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Karl Robinson confirmed in his pre-match interview that Mark Marshall is likely to miss with the niggling injury that saw him miss Saturday’s win over Doncaster Rovers.

Ben Reeves is fit an eligible for selection but Lewis Page will not be available after playing 60 minutes for the U23s on Monday afternoon. Harry Lennon remains sidelined.

For Oxford, Joe Rothwell is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season on Saturday.

Former Addick Jon Obika could return after recovering from a groin injury but Dwight Tiendalli and Gino van Kessel are out injured.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

Even with Devante Cole; Fleetwood look very hot and cold (beat Bradford 3-0 / lose 3-1 to Charlton in a week)

Portsmouth didnt look great when they played Gillingham but with Kenny Jackett they have a damned good Manager!!
    Portsmouth have Pitman, who is very good at this level. But they don't have a very deep squad and even their first 11...I'm not so sure.

But yeah generally agree I think this is going to be a year where anyone can beat anyone, and every team is going to have moments when they are erratic.

The reason I'm less convinced by Blackburn is aforementioned Venky's factor, but also they have a lot of decent players, very solid League One players, but I'm not wholly convinced they have the match winners, the players with that little extra bit of quality like a Nick Powell/Will Grigg or Ricky Holmes/+1 (Fosu, Reeves, Marshall). Graham, Dack, and Wittingham all maybe have that potential, not sure Graham and Wittingham can be relied on at this stage in their careers, and from what I've seen Dack hasn't been starting of late and I don't know how well he'd do in a 4-4-2.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

Portsmouth have Pitman, who is very good at this level. But they don't have a very deep squad and even their first 11...I'm not so sure.

But yeah generally agree I think this is going to be a year where anyone can beat anyone, and every team is going to have moments when they are erratic.

The reason I'm less convinced by Blackburn is aforementioned Venky's factor, but also they have a lot of decent players, very solid League One players, but I'm not wholly convinced they have the match winners, the players with that little extra bit of quality like a Nick Powell/Will Grigg or Ricky Holmes/+1 (Fosu, Reeves, Marshall). Graham, Dack, and Wittingham all maybe have that potential, not sure Graham and Wittingham can be relied on at this stage in their careers, and from what I've seen Dack hasn't been starting of late and I don't know how well he'd do in a 4-4-2.
    I still think Blackburn will turn it on as the season progresses, I will be very surprised if they end up outside the playoffs.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

l

*Unless someone else did

I still think Blackburn will turn it on as the season progresses, I will be very surprised if they end up outside the playoffs.
    Agreed I was talking about as title contenders. I think they'll end up top six.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Karl Robinson confirmed in his pre-match interview that Mark Marshall is likely to miss with the niggling injury that saw him miss Saturday’s win over Doncaster Rovers.

Ben Reeves is fit an eligible for selection but Lewis Page will not be available after playing 60 minutes for the U23s on Monday afternoon. Harry Lennon remains sidelined.

For Oxford, Joe Rothwell is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season on Saturday.

Former Addick Jon Obika could return after recovering from a groin injury but Dwight Tiendalli and Gino van Kessel are out injured.

A shame that Marshall got back from his knee injury so quickly, but seems to have picked up a different problem. I bet he'll be desperate to be fit for the Bradford match