Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton | Tue 16 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

Why has Konsa been dropped?

Probably because he's played a lot of games in a short period (including England U20).

But it might also be that Sarr's height is seen as an advantage in this particular game?

Final thought, Bauer and Konsa are both right footed - so perhaps Sarr, being left footed offers a better balance in tandem with Bauer?
    about to ask the same question but what you put makes sense. though I'm not convinced that Karl worked it out in the same thoughtful manner. could be giving him a disservice though.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

Probably because he's played a lot of games in a short period (including England U20).

But it might also be that Sarr's height is seen as an advantage in this particular game?

Final thought, Bauer and Konsa are both right footed - so perhaps Sarr, being left footed offers a better balance in tandem with Bauer?
    about to ask the same question but what you put makes sense. though I'm not convinced that Karl worked it out in the same thoughtful manner. could be giving him a disservice though.
    Just realised that he appears to have stopped with his line-up video chat!!
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Sarr :-/

wmcf123 said:

Was quality at Fleetwood believe me
    Been a shadow of the Sarr in the Championship

Seeing him taking the piss out of League One attackers has been one of the highlights from his last two games
    I really hope you are right. I have no faith in him but I want him to be brilliant
  • Options

Reeves for Clarke was gonna happen at some point but is Reeves fit for 90+ minutes? Another strange one.

If Reeves is fitter than Clarke, what's Clarke doing on the bench?

Does Reeves get to start through the middle so all 3 attacking mids are given the roles to which they are most suited? Not an accommodation Clarke was afforded on Saturday to the detriment of his and RH's showing.

Perhaps it's planned that Reeves plays for an hour, then to be replaced by Clarke?
    I can't see Reeves playing anywhere 90 minutes. It's part of giving Reeves minutes as part of his pre-season, as Mr Robinson might have said ;o)

Seriously, it might simply be tactical with this particular opposition - being felt that Reeves has the flair to unlock defences, and nick a goal out of nothing?

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Was quality at Fleetwood believe me
    Been a shadow of the Sarr in the Championship

Seeing him taking the piss out of League One attackers has been one of the highlights from his last two games
    I really hope you are right. I have no faith in him but I want him to be brilliant
    I saw him against Dover / Fleetwood / Doncaster

I'll be hugely disappointed for him if he fucks up today as the sole mistake I've seen him make was against Fleetwood when they played a long ball at 3-1 and with the ball in the air he kicked it out for a throw in rather messily - His touch and passing has been first class otherwise though, if he does perform like Fleetwood then he's one of the best Charlton defenders on the ball that I've ever seen
  • Options
    Is there a match thread for tonights game?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Valley11 said:

Just realised that he appears to have stopped with his line-up video chat!!
    Perhaps Jacko has told him to stop revealing before the match our tactics for this game?

There's got to be someone at the club who's able to tell Robbo to put a sock in it?

;o)
  • Options

Waiting for someone to start it
  • Options

Waiting for someone to start it
    Cue a dozen posters all start a match thread at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    always going to be a close call between Clarke and Reeves, both are talented and work hard ..
    .. good thing though is that Sarr gives us much more power in the air at both ends .. it is a sign of the strength of the squad that Konsa and Clarke (unless injured) can't get a place ... If only there were more competition up front ..

COME ON YOUSE ADDICKS !!!
  • Options
    Here come the two sides at the Kassam... Kick-off is moments away! #cafc
  • Options
    You guys clammered for more strength in depth then when KR rests players you throw fit???
  • Options
    Do people want to continue wuith this thread or I'll start a pwopa Match Thread?

• Options
    ⚽️ KICK-OFF! The Addicks get the action underway! #cafc
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

You guys clammered for more strength in depth then when KR rests players you throw fit???

Except no one's thrown a fit
  • Options
    ross1 said:

⚽️ KICK-OFF! The Addicks get the action underway! #cafc

You are the man Ross
    Please continue
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Do people want to continue wuith this thread or I'll start a pwopa Match Thread?

Proper match thread please Oggy..
  • Options

I've put up a Match Thread, if people want to use it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please
  • Options
    NABY FFS
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Taxi_Lad said:

No one has thown a fit. We're debating the reasons why two players are on the bench.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fosu (Bottom right corner) and Magennis (header straight at the keeper) 2-0

Obviously I meant left corner from Fosu
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

No one has thown a fit. We're debating the reasons why two players are on the bench.
    Rested....: cos we can. No need for "debate" and to give game time to good players.
    Can't expect them to sit around waiting for injuries/suspensions