Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton | Tue 16 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

ross1 said:

Karl Robinson confirmed in his pre-match interview that Mark Marshall is likely to miss with the niggling injury that saw him miss Saturday’s win over Doncaster Rovers.

Ben Reeves is fit an eligible for selection but Lewis Page will not be available after playing 60 minutes for the U23s on Monday afternoon. Harry Lennon remains sidelined.

For Oxford, Joe Rothwell is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season on Saturday.

Former Addick Jon Obika could return after recovering from a groin injury but Dwight Tiendalli and Gino van Kessel are out injured.

A shame that Marshall got back from his knee injury so quickly, but seems to have picked up a different problem. I bet he'll be desperate to be fit for the Bradford match
    Yeah shame he as the ability to change a game when fit. But I'd rather we rest him for Bradford where you hope he'll be extra up for it against his former team.
  • Options
    Going to be a humdinger I reckon, 3-4 with us nicking a last few minutes winner, we’ll start we’ll 2-0 up after 35 minutes.
  • Options

Did you work that out by yourself.
    Would have taken me ages
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Would have taken me ages
    I would not have a clue if this is all right or wrong, I take on trust that it is all kosher .. the possible permutations are lottery winning like .. what it shows is how one result or series of results can and does radically affect the whole table..

we can go third or as low as ninth, P'boro could go up one and/or down seven places, Blackburn nine places down etc. etc. ..

the only certainty is that I wanna see us leave Ox with 3 points while the Shrews and Wigan get nil points
  • Options

That's quality, should become a mainstay of the previews!
  • Options

Would have taken me ages
    No, not my work. From the twitter site on the bottom right hand corner.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Reeves and Sarr come into the side with Konsa and Clarke dropped to the bench
  • Options
    Not sure which way this will go? In League 1 anyone can beat anyone else. Oxford are doing well and we scraped home on Saturday. 1-0 to Oxford and more work to be done.
  • Options
    Annoyed he has dropped Clarke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

I would be too but he's not been at the races recently... Potentially carrying a back issue so makes sense

Going to be plenty of games for him over the course of the season - Also confuses Oxford a little, those two changes they may not have expected
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Rested I would think.
    Clark has been great for us this season but probably needs a rest
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Nothing against Reeves but Clarke doesn't deserve to be dropped.

OK, rotation and BC has played nearly every game but hope he's not pushed out permanently.
  • Options
    Looks like Oxford are going to pack the Midfield and try to over run us... Wes Thomas is their only Striker on the pitch

Unless they're going 4-4-1-1 with Jack Payne playing off him
  • Options
    Agree with the changes, Clarke wasn't at his best on Saturday and up next is his former club Bradford
  • Options
    Sarr :-/
  • Options
    2 Da Silva's playing - I hope the comms get it right or we wont know whats going on.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    wmcf123 said:

Was immense at Fleetwood according to those at the game.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Was quality at Fleetwood believe me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

2 Da Silva's playing - I hope the comms get it right or we wont know whats going on.

Theirs is Brazilian so is simply known as Ricardinho according to Wiki
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Was quality at Fleetwood believe me
    Been a shadow of the Sarr in the Championship

Seeing him taking the piss out of League One attackers has been one of the highlights from his last two games
  • Options

Would have taken me ages
    It takes you ages to work out where your bathroom is.
  • Options
    Didn’t realise they had so many decent players - will be a tough game.
  • Options
    Why has Konsa been dropped?
  • Options
    Dropping Konsa for Sarr is an odd one after Konsa's very decent performance on Saturday.
    Reeves for Clarke was gonna happen at some point but is Reeves fit for 90+ minutes? Another strange one.
    If Reeves is fitter than Clarke, what's Clarke doing on the bench?
    Does Reeves get to start through the middle so all 3 attacking mids are given the roles to which they are most suited? Not an accommodation Clarke was afforded on Saturday to the detriment of his and RH's showing.
    Hopefully I'll not be tempted to follow this too closely online, no more effective way to norse up one's evening than dipping into the scores while Charlton are playing away. Much better to get the pain over and done in one go after the final whistle.
    Chins up, boys'n'girls! :smiley:
  • Options
    Probably just giving Konsa a breather because he can at the moment
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Valley11 said:

Why has Konsa been dropped?

Probably because he's played a lot of games in a short period (including England U20).

But it might also be that Sarr's height is seen as an advantage in this particular game?

Final thought, Bauer and Konsa are both right footed - so perhaps Sarr, being left footed offers a better balance in tandem with Bauer?
  • Options

Dropping Konsa for Sarr is an odd one after Konsa's very decent performance on Saturday.

Dont forget that Konsa played for England in the International Break so hasnt had a rest compared to others

Robinson could be rotating them with Konsa to come back in against Bradford
  • Options
    Have to give credit to Patrick Bauer so far this season though

Last season he went through an awful patch when he didnt have an established Centre-Back partner

In about four games now he's played with Sarr | Konsa | Pearce and has been excellent