Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ban on fireworks for sale to general public

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Some dogs love bonfire night.

Where have all the Bonfire Night guys gone - BBC News
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Not a massive fan of fireworks or dogs, although probably prefer fireworks as they don’t get let off of a lead in Scadbury Park to try to bite my children and they also don’t leave their mess everywhere.

It reminds be of some locals around The Valley when we were trying to go back...  blocking our return knowing that the football ground had been there for ages, much like fireworks.
    That's not the dogs fault... It's the human unfortunately attached to the poor dog. 
    Just keep all dogs on leads then. I've had countless dogs jumping up at me wanting to play. If I wanted to play with a dog then I'd probably get one of my own.
    I dont disagree with you. Just don't like it when people blame the dogs when it's the irresponsible owners fault. 
  • Options
    Get yourselves a young gun dog from working parents. Mine sit at the door, staring at it tales wagging, when theres bangs going off.

• Options
    first firework night since we got a dog, he's been going banana's at some of the random late night bangs.

got nothing against fireworks, but why do people let them off every night for a fortnight around this time?. I can accept the 5th Nov and then the closest weekend to that date if it's a midweek
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Not a massive fan of fireworks or dogs, although probably prefer fireworks as they don’t get let off of a lead in Scadbury Park to try to bite my children and they also don’t leave their mess everywhere.

It reminds be of some locals around The Valley when we were trying to go back...  blocking our return knowing that the football ground had been there for ages, much like fireworks.
    That's not the dogs fault... It's the human unfortunately attached to the poor dog. 
    Just keep all dogs on leads then. I've had countless dogs jumping up at me wanting to play. If I wanted to play with a dog then I'd probably get one of my own.
    I agree with this, unless in a specified dog walking area.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Some people hold dogs in such high regard I'm surprised they don't have their own parliament
    Agree. It’s baffling but I’ve never seen more evidence of it than on this forum.
  • Options
    Regarding ban on fireworks being sold to the general public,
    my view on this is: as most people know November 5th 1605
    was the day Guy Fawkes a Catholic from York was caught trying
    to blow up the houses of Parliament. He was barbaricly tortured
    and then executed. Is this a reason to celebrate? Maybe some
    Catholics wont think so. I don't think selling of fireworks should be
    banned, but it now seems to go on from October right into the new
    year, most animals don't like it! Just my opinion! What is Daiwi?
  • Options
    tax Fireworks to pay for the cost of hospital admissions, after care and fire brigade call outs related to firework incidents. If people have money to burn let them pay up to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I used to love bonfire night, but it now costs a fortune to buy enough fireworks to make it worthwhile. I cant understand how people can afford to let fireworks off for days, or do people arrange, a rota when they take it in turns to annoy my pooch over a prolonged period of a week.

• Options
    Regarding ban on fireworks being sold to the general public,
    my view on this is: as most people know November 5th 1605
    was the day Guy Fawkes a Catholic from York was caught trying
    to blow up the houses of Parliament. He was barbaricly tortured
    and then executed. Is this a reason to celebrate? Maybe some
    Catholics wont think so. I don't think selling of fireworks should be
    banned, but it now seems to go on from October right into the new
    year, most animals don't like it! Just my opinion! What is Daiwi?
    Diwali
    Hindu festival of light