Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25th Anniversary - Back to The Valley match & dinner

Comments

• There are people on the committee who have been around and involved with organising these events for decades so they very much know what they are doing setting prices at that level and they must be confident of it being supported by the usual band of company owners who can put it through their company books and a few rich supporters taking tables.

Time will tell.

With the game, the museum event on the 5th etc I'm sure they'll be lots of events for people to engage in

If they do put it through the company then they will be taxed on it as it will be treated as drawings. Just saying .....
  • JonnyK said:

There are people on the committee who have been around and involved with organising these events for decades so they very much know what they are doing setting prices at that level and they must be confident of it being supported by the usual band of company owners who can put it through their company books and a few rich supporters taking tables.

Time will tell.

With the game, the museum event on the 5th etc I'm sure they'll be lots of events for people to engage in

If they do put it through the company then they will be taxed on it as it will be treated as drawings. Just saying .....
    Not if you know what your doing it won't.
  • JonnyK said:

There are people on the committee who have been around and involved with organising these events for decades so they very much know what they are doing setting prices at that level and they must be confident of it being supported by the usual band of company owners who can put it through their company books and a few rich supporters taking tables.

Time will tell.

Are you advocating tax avoidance ;-)
  • JonnyK said:

JonnyK said:

Time will tell.

Are you advocating tax avoidance ;-)
    Are you still avoiding a proper debate with your customary 'unKool' hit and run tactics? :smirk:
  • I am going to Belgium on December 9th ...... Bruges for family birthday!

• I am going to Belgium on December 9th ...... Bruges for family birthday!

Enjoy it. Hope our leaders will be back there by then too. Not that Roly has ever left.
  • will go to the pompey game but no dinner for me will have to settle for the chippy before/after the game.
  • I’m increasingly getting the feeling that this is going to be an enormous and embarrassing flop!
  • I’m increasingly getting the feeling that this is going to be an enormous and embarrassing flop!

I disagree. Tables have been sold and people who attend will enjoy it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017

The fact that there is a room hire charge at The Valley for this event, tells you what's wrong with the club.

Unbelievable if true. Unfortunately I believe it.
    The catering is outsourced so the company, Deleware North, makes its money by hiring out the rooms and selling meals and drink.

Can't really blame the company for charging as that is its business. Whether they charge too much or whether the deal should have ever been made in the first place is another point.

The man who worked for Deleware North at the time the deal was made with Ben Kensell and Katrien Meire? Tony Keohane.
    Don't think so. Keohane's LinkedIn page says he left Delaware North in November 2013 and joined CAFC in February 2014, which suggests - as I believe - he worked on the deal with his former employers on behalf of the club.

Mind you it also says he has been chief operations officer since February 2014, which is interesting as Steve Bradshaw held the post for a while after that. In fact I don't think he was publicly given that title until much later.
  • The fact that there is a room hire charge at The Valley for this event, tells you what's wrong with the club.

Unbelievable if true. Unfortunately I believe it.
    The catering is outsourced so the company, Deleware North, makes its money by hiring out the rooms and selling meals and drink.

Can't really blame the company for charging as that is its business. Whether they charge too much or whether the deal should have ever been made in the first place is another point.

The man who worked for Deleware North at the time the deal was made with Ben Kensell and Katrien Meire? Tony Keohane.
    Don't think so. Keohane's LinkedIn page says he left Delaware North in November 2013 and joined CAFC in February 2014, which suggests - as I believe - he worked on the deal with his former employers on behalf of the club.

Mind you it also says he has been chief operations officer since February 2014, which is interesting as Steve Bradshaw held the post for a while after that. In fact I don't think he was publicly given that title until much later.
    My mistake. I knew TK had worked for DN and had left them for CAFC.
  • I hear they may be changing the name of this to 'The Last Supper.' Let's hope so...
  • Don't know why but had an inkling they would drop the price before the public announcement. Clearly not.

• They are clearly confident of filling tables, clearly that’s all they care about, maximising income for the Trust. The celebration of the return is secondary.
  • The celebration will be in the Museum on the anniversary of our return. 5th December
  • The celebration will be in the Museum on the anniversary of our return. 5th December

5.00pm to 9.00pm
  • Belated response, I'll be there, only one date we can celebrate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw a tweet on this, 10 tables left
  • Out of how many? 12?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Saw a tweet on this, 10 tables left

Is it 10 to a table?
  • clive said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Saw a tweet on this, 10 tables left

Is it 10 to a table?
    Yes 10 to a table, not sure how many tables there were to start with, it's in Crossbars I think which if they don't open right up into the legends bar has a sit down capacity for 225 I think as 450 across both, so 45 tables max, maybe 25 if just in crossbars. You'd assume around 3 tables are give aways to ex players etc.

I hope it's a sell out for no other reason than the players, but i'm still struggling at the cost of £95 a head being anything approaching any sort of value but might still go.
  • Strange announcement. A bit like saying there are only 17,000 seats left for the MK Dons game. I could understand advertising 'the last two' tables but not the last ten or the last 100 places. If they have had all those desperate to attend and for whom £95 isn't a concern, they might be struggling to raise the last £9,500.
  • Strange announcement. A bit like saying there are only 17,000 seats left for the MK Dons game. I could understand advertising 'the last two' tables but not the last ten or the last 100 places. If they have had all those desperate to attend and for whom £95 isn't a concern, they might be struggling to raise the last £9,500.

That's why i asked the question.
  • 40 tables IIRC
  • Have they released menu news yet?