Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25th Anniversary - Back to The Valley match & dinner

Comments

• seth plum said:

Have they released menu news yet?

Starters, Tomato soup

Main, Cod and chips (Tone's vegetarian option= No Cod)

Desert, Vanilla ice cream (Tone's Vegan option= No Cream ;)
  • T_C_E said:

seth plum said:

Starters, Tomato soup

Main, Cod and chips (Tone's vegetarian option= No Cod)

Desert, Vanilla ice cream (Tone's Vegan option= No Cream ;)
    So Vegans will be eating Vanilla Ice
  • Surely it should be haddock & chips?
  • edited November 2017

It just feels so wrong to have the Belgians involved in this, they have no claim to that part of our history at all.

It kind of feels like the Israeli government in Tel Aviv organizing the celebration of "1000 Years of Palestine" - they can do it but they shouldn't be.

Ironic, really, that the next big party we throw will be 25 years on from the day they decided to sell up.
  • N01R4M said:

Surely it should be haddock & chips?

No. Cod is cheaper.
  • seth plum said:

Starters, Tomato soup

Main, Cod and 14 chips

Desert, Vanilla ice cream
  • 40 tables IIRC

"10 tables left" isn't saying how many places they've sold on the other thirty.
    All that says is there's between 100 and 370 places left.
  • 40 tables IIRC

"10 tables left" isn't saying how many places they've sold on the other thirty.
    All that says is there's between 100 and 370 places left.
    yes, one or two on each of the other tables. After all Fraeye did tell them to spread out.

• This wouldn't be worth £95

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

This wouldn't be worth £95

Have you just been sick?
    I think that is the vegetarian option.

• edited November 2017
    @seth plum , i'm told they can cater for vegetarian and vegan, although what that actually means I don't know.
  • Rob7Lee said:

@seth plum , i'm told they can cater for vegetarian and vegan, although what that actually means I don't know.

In the words of W1A 'exactly'.
  • Rob7Lee said:

It means bring a sandwich as they are clueless numpties.
  • seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

can find out if it's of interest?
  • Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

If you mean will I go for £95, the answer is no. If you're asking if I'm interested in the menu the answer is yes.
  • seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

If you mean will I go for £95, the answer is no. If you're asking if I'm interested in the menu the answer is yes.
    So you’ve no intention of going - but want to be able to bitch about the menu anyway.

Why is it so important?
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

So you’ve no intention of going - but want to be able to bitch about the menu anyway.

Why is it so important?
    You assume I am going to 'bitch' about the menu. Why?

If you lack the imagination to understand why I'm interested in the menu then that is your loss.

For a start I said I wouldn't go for £95, you said I have no intention of going, so that's one thing you haven't understood, I can think of other reasons why I (or anybody else) might be interested in the menu, but I will let you work those out for yourself.
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

Why is it so important?

If you lack the imagination to understand why I'm interested in the menu then that is your loss.

For a start I said I wouldn't go for £95, you said I have no intention of going, so that's one thing you haven't understood, I can think of other reasons why I (or anybody else) might be interested in the menu, but I will let you work those out for yourself.
    Hooray a puzzle. Is there a prize?
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

Why is it so important?

Hooray a puzzle. Is there a prize?
    Yes, but it's in 4,000 pieces
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

Why is it so important?

I'm with Seth on this.
    Apart from general curiosity as a Chef myself (in a past life), I can also see why as a Vegetarian he might be interested to know what they will come up with for £95.
    A decent a Chef ought to be able to come up with a couple of imaginative options for a fraction of that price, that extend beyond the mind numbing realms of Veggie Lasagne or Nut Loaf.
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

Why is it so important?

I'm with Seth on this.
    Apart from general curiosity as a Chef myself (in a past life), I can also see why as a Vegetarian he might be interested to know what they will come up with for £95.
    A decent a Chef ought to be able to come up with a couple of imaginative options for a fraction of that price, that extend beyond the mind numbing realms of Veggie Lasagne or Nut Loaf.
    How about Veggie Loaf or Nut Lasagne?
  • Valley11 said:

Ironic, really, that the next big party we throw will be 25 years on from the day they decided to sell up.

We won't struggle to sell out for that one, even if the tickets are hugely inflated like for this one
    Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Rob7Lee said:

Why is it so important?
    Nothing wrong with that, especially if the club are pricing lots of people out of joining a celebration they might otherwise have wanted to participate in. The obvious interest for me is does the menu begin to get anywhere near justifying half of the price (allowing for a sizeable donation to the Community Trust)?
  • Curb_It said:

It's hardly a unique event. There was one 4 years ago which was a great night.

Unfortunately out of my budget this year.

not forgetting the one on the 20th anniversary :)
  • 400 announced, 300 actually attend and 100 are comps. Is Sir Stuart Etherington actually Tom Rubbishow?
  • Nug said:

400 announced, 300 actually attend and 100 are comps. Is Sir Stuart Etherington actually Tom Rubbishow?

If you're right about the 100 comps, then it looks as if the paying fan is subsidising quite a lot of people? Surely the maximum number of comps for this event should be around 20?
  • Did they specifically say there were 400 places available.
    The cynic in me thinks the take up on the "only ten tables left" announcement has been poor so they've gone with what they've got, announce it as sold out and in true karel Freye style, spread the tables out a bit.
  • seth plum said:

Nug said:

400 announced, 300 actually attend and 100 are comps. Is Sir Stuart Etherington actually Tom Rubbishow?

If you're right about the 100 comps, then it looks as if the paying fan is subsidising quite a lot of people? Surely the maximum number of comps for this event should be around 20?
    Whilst enjoying the meal I hope people forget they are contributing to paying for squirrel face's scoff.