Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options

Well hope Southgate dont pick Jones for the Belgium game

I reckon he'll go for Walker, Cahill and Stones.
  • Options

Fucking hate seeing managers and players screaming for red cards, wankers.

Show a bit of decorum, it’s the bloody cup final.

Agreed mate, it's not the British way but all too common with continentals.
  • Options

Well hope Southgate dont pick Jones for the Belgium game

I reckon he'll go for Walker, Cahill and Stones.
    Nah Walker Stones Maguire
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I stand corrected!
  • Options
    So Conte has gone for Catenaccio and Man Utd are playing tippy tippy nonsense. Ain't gonna break them down unless some of their big players start taking their direct opponents on and stop laying the ball off and passing the responsibility.
  • Options
    Think that was a good rule change TBF. If it's not a horror challenge then why should it result in a red card if it wouldn't have been one anywhere else on the pitch? If you are denied a goal scoring opportunity then you should be given that goal scoring opportunity back with a spot-kick - seems the fairest way to me.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

So Conte has gone for Catenaccio and Man Utd are playing tippy tippy nonsense. Ain't gonna break them down unless some of their big players start taking their direct opponents on and stop laying the ball off and passing the responsibility.

Italian for the 'door bolt', had to Google it though :wink: '
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I agreed with that rule change as you have to allow defenders and goalkeepers to make genuine challenges for the ball without running the risk of a straight red
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rashford has been Charltonized
  • Options
    Michael Oliver 100 % correct again.
    Social media and some players ignorant of this season's rule changes.
  • Options
    Stinking the place out this game
  • Options
    I know he's only young but Rashford is SO ineffective 90% of the time - classic case of only getting in the England squad because of playing for Man U. Does worry me if we lost Kane that we only really have Vardy who you could rely on up top.
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see how many passes made by Man U went backwards or sideways.
  • Options

Agreed but the result is more important than the performance for both clubs / Managers. If it continues in the same vein second half there will come a point when Manure have to take it to Chelski and gamble on not conceding a second on the break.
  • Options

Was never going to be an end to end thriller. Both sides are too cautious for that, especially United.
  • Options

I know he's only young but Rashford is SO ineffective 90% of the time - classic case of only getting in the England squad because of playing for Man U. Does worry me if we lost Kane that we only really have Vardy who you could rely on up top.

Think Vardy could be a better option than Kane against bigger sides.

Quite like Rashford but Martial is a better player IMHO.
  • Options
    Get Rashford up front, in the middle, especially with Lukaku out. Mourinho is outdated now.
  • Options

Think Vardy could be a better option than Kane against bigger sides.

Quite like Rashford but Martial is a better player IMHO.
    Maybe it's just my own bias but considering what Lookman did in a short time in the German top league and the flashes for Everton this year, I just don't see what Rashford has over him other than the fact he plays for Man Utd - if the roles were reversed it would be Lookman going to the WC and Rashford being overlooked it drives me nuts that successive England managers have such a Man u/Liverpool bias. It's the same with Shelvey not being selected for the recent friendlies yet Lallana who has been injured most of the year got a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry but dont see the hype surrounding Rashford - the commentators said in the First Half that he's only 20 yet done so much... Other than a goal in the Mancs Derby I cant think of much he has done!!

Wouldnt be anywhere near the England team if he played for a mid table Premier League side
  • Options
    Good offside call from the Lino there...
  • Options
    Well done lino and well done VAR for shutting Mourinho up.
  • Options

Sorry but dont see the hype surrounding Rashford - the commentators said in the First Half that he's only 20 yet done so much... Other than a goal in the Mancs Derby I cant think of much he has done!!

Wouldnt be anywhere near the England team if he played for a mid table Premier League side

In this day and age it's pretty hard to break through into the first team of a top 6 club unless you're pretty good. He's 20 and has played over 100 games for United.

If he was at a mid table premier league side he'd probably be that sides best player.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    That looked a pretty nailed on hand ball to me - ref should have had a look at that at least
  • Options

That looked a pretty nailed on hand ball to me - ref should have had a look at that at least

Arm was where it should be for me, was by his side and not coming out to make a block like the Shrewsbury offence
  • Options

In this day and age it's pretty hard to break through into the first team of a top 6 club unless you're pretty good. He's 20 and has played over 100 games for United.

If he was at a mid table premier league side he'd probably be that sides best player.
    Could say the same about Tom Cleverley...
  • Options

Rothko said:
    I stand corrected!
    New shoes?
  • Options
    Pogba had to get that on target, awful.