Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    Wigan Town eh Gary?
  • Options
    Yes !!!!! Well done Wigan
  • Options

Was it worthy of a pitch invasion

Are you for real?
  • Options
    Gary Lineker just said "Wigan Town of League 1"

Excellent research Gary.
  • Options
    Well done Wigan Town.
  • Options
    Good win Wigan... Keep it up as your League form is taking a hit at the moment
  • Options

Was it worthy of a pitch invasion

Yeah, screw that pitch up a bit more....
  • Options

Wigan Town eh Gary?

I heard him also.
  • Options
    Is it still just us that got the fine / warning for invading the pitch when we won promotion at Carlisle and every other team who has done it hasn't?

Amazing story these past 2 games though, Rochdale and tonight. 21% possession and still winning. Brilliant. Well done League One.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Commentator said that the FA cup win in 2013 had nothing on this victory....

God I hate the Premier league and all that comes with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

City 82% possession with 10 players

Possession means absolutely nothing in football, like most stats, apart from the final score. Leicester won the Prem with about 27% possession all season.
    I just knew that my real life troll would react to that comment!
  • Options
    Well done Wigan, well deserved.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

In *upset* terms, Wigan started at something like 25/1 tonight so yeah it's more surprising.

But obviously nothing beats winning the cup itself. I'd take winning an FA Cup final against Welling over knocking out the PL champions-elect.
  • Options
    So is that Griggs parting gift to Wigan before the delayed move to Charlton that was on in the summer?
  • Options

So is that Griggs parting gift to Wigan before the delayed move to Charlton that was on in the summer?

Rather depends on whether we and/or Wigan go up doesn't it?
  • Options
    Guess Aguero kicking out at the fan on the pitch will now take all the headlines.
  • Options
    City fans kicking off and looks one of their players clumps a wigan fan on the pitch after the game
  • Options
    Judging by those pictures Wigan will get a fine.
  • Options

Guess Aguero kicking out at the fan on the pitch will now take all the headlines.

More likely Wigan will be fined for the pitch invasion
  • Options
    Bit of argy bargey at the end with Aguero and a fan that ran on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I was Aguero trying to walk off the pitch and a Wigan fan got in my face, I would knock him out, no need for that from the Wigan fans
  • Options
    And Shearer, after watching all the replays, still claims it was not a red card.
  • Options

If I was Aguero trying to walk off the pitch and a Wigan fan got in my face, I would knock him out, no need for that from the Wigan fans

Yes, that's the reason why pitch invasions aren't allowed.

If everyone just celebrated with their own players it would be fine, but there will always be a few who get involved with opposition players
  • Options
    Every time there is a pitch invasion the chavvy element of said club (and every club has them) gets in the oppo players faces or heads straight to the away fans, usually without punishment.

Only we can go on, in celebratory mood and get threatened with a fine.
  • Options

Man City failing to do what we did at the DW. We are class!

We had Lennon and Sarr as our CBs that evening. Expect a £50m bid for Harry Lennon from Pep in the summer
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Maybe the commentator meant in terms of shocks, seeing that 5 years ago Wigan were a PL side and City not as good as they are now.
  • Options

And Shearer, after watching all the replays, still claims it was not a red card.

"A little bit high but I don't see why the ref has given it" Leading into the foul Delph launched himself with both feet off the ground although by the time he made his studs up assault on the guys shin he admittedly did have one leg on the ground. Yes see what you mean alan, can't see why the ref has given it.
  • Options
    Regardless of whether it was a yellow or a red, the problem I have is the ref had his yellow card out and had put his name on it. However with the Wigan players around him, he changed his mind and issued a straight red.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    The pitch invasion if it was millwall or palace we would take the piss, the Man City fans at the end throwing there dummies out because they lost was ridiculous, cities quad could easily go to a double by Sunday as I think arsenal will beat them at Wembley the last 3 times Wigan have played city in he Cup they’ve beat them.

11 May 2013 Manchester City v Wigan Athletic L 0-1 FA Cup
    09 Mar 2014 Manchester City v Wigan Athletic L 1-2 FA Cup
    19 Feb 2018 Wigan Athletic v Manchester City L 1-0 FA Cup