Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Defender piled in late and stood on Alli's foot after he'd nicked the ball away. Certain penalty. Glad they got an equaliser though - another game for them in the run-in

Probably right. I don't trust my judgement when I feel strongly biased one way or another.

For instance: Referees bent, Alli's a cheat, the whole games a set up and Rochdale are plucky outsiders who embody social justice.

https://election.news.sky.com/referendum/rochdale-2955
    Shit!

Travesty. Rochdale fouled their way to an undeserved draw. Something should be done.
  • Options
    Wow, wasn't expecting that equaliser. So much sweeter for the Rochdale players and supporters to get that late equaliser, than if it had been them hanging on to keep it at 1-1

Great finish by Davies, Kane would have been happy with the control and instant shot. Massive game for them next though, home against MKD on Wednesday. On how they played today (and MKD played yesterday) they ought to win easily, but football isn't like that...
  • Options
    Rochdale well worth the draw for the quality of their two goals alone. First one bang tidy passing their way through and a nice finish and the second for a quality first touch and for sticking it away nicely when he could have blasted it over from a rush of blood to the head. Terrible tracking back from Spurs though to leave him unmarked in the box.
  • Options
    Palace v Spurs was Monday 26th 8pm now moved to Sunday 25th midday cos of replay
  • Options
    never a pen ----- anticipation etc etc no he fecking dived END OF
  • Options
    Shouldn't you be supporting Spurs?
  • Options
    I heard on 606 last night that Spurs shouldn't be allowed to play their semi final at Wembley (if they get there) as it should be played at a neutral venue. I don't really care either way, but if its in the FA rules that semi finals HAVE to be played at a neutral venue, then they WIll have to switch it - or will the FA conveniently circumnavigate their own rules ?
  • Options
    Of course they will, they make it up as they go along.
  • Options

never a pen ----- anticipation etc etc no he fecking dived END OF

If that was a Charlton player you'd be screaming for a penalty
  • Options

I heard on 606 last night that Spurs shouldn't be allowed to play their semi final at Wembley (if they get there) as it should be played at a neutral venue. I don't really care either way, but if its in the FA rules that semi finals HAVE to be played at a neutral venue, then they WIll have to switch it - or will the FA conveniently circumnavigate their own rules ?

Be interesting to see what would happen if they got to the final as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beyond frustrating from Spurs and especially Poch. There was originally 8 days between yesterday’s game and the Mon night game at Palace. Yes, some players need a rest but most of them?!

Christ, play the first team, put the result beyond doubt then rest players afterwards.

I, and most Spurs supporters for that, want to win the bloody FA Cup. It’s a trophy FFS. I’d rather than that get to the CL semi or final and win nothing.

Rochdale deserve their replay. Their centre-forward looks a damn site better than Llorente. He is pushing into the realms of Rasiak levels of sh*tness now.

As for Wembley, massive advantage now we’ve finally beaten the curse of playing there. Am surprised it hasn’t been brought up already by the media.

Only positive from yesterday was Moura’s debut. He looks like he’ll be a proper handful when match fit.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Beyond frustrating from Spurs and especially Poch. There was originally 8 days between yesterday’s game and the Mon night game at Palace. Yes, some players need a rest but most of them?!

Christ, play the first team, put the result beyond doubt then rest players afterwards.

Disagree with that. You have a squad for a reason.

If you can't play fringe/squad players in a cup tie against a side bottom of league one, then there's not much point having them in your squad at all. You can't play Kane, Alli and Eriksen every game.

I know he got thrown on to rescue the tie but look at it another way, say you started Kane and he got injured, Spurs fans would probably all be crying "why risk him in a game like that".
  • Options
    Great assist for the equaliser from Toby I thought.......takes real skill to get just the correct contact on the ball with 2lb of beef dripping in your Barnet.

Great first touch and finish by that big lump though!

I'm with @JohnBoyUK for what it's worth. Fans ultimately want to win stuff. He rested far too many players imo and it's slightly disrespectful to the competition. I like Spurs but I'm glad it bit Poch on the arse.

On the other side of the coin - the Rochdale players need to take a long, hard look at themselves if they need a massive game like that to get them producing on the pitch.
  • Options

I'm with @JohnBoyUK for what it's worth. Fans ultimately want to win stuff. He rested far too many players imo and it's slightly disrespectful to the competition. I like Spurs but I'm glad it bit Poch on the arse.

On the other side of the coin - the Rochdale players need to take a long, hard look at themselves if they need a massive game like that to get them producing on the pitch.

Yes, I think he rested too many players, though we don't be saying that when his refreshed stars stuff Palace 10-0 :smile:

The Rochdale players REALLY need to beat MKD on Wednesday, their next league games are against Wigan and Plymouth. Can they focus on the league though with the prospect of Wembley looming?
  • Options
    Well let’s look at it like this... every player, except Foyth at centre back, was/is a full international that started (324 caps between them) plus Lamela, Alli and Kane added to that who came on yesterday. They played against bottom of League One. There’s no excuse, they should have won even with resting Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele from the start.

Ultimately, they done similar to against Newport and have been complacent and thought they would win easily before even playing. You can tell with the amount of touches each player was taking, Spurs normally move the ball 1/2 touch, that’s how they hurt opponents. Yesterday I remember counting a spell where the minimum amount of touches before a pass was 4.

They’ll win the replay with ease and Rochdale have got their day at Wembley so fair play to them for that. But even for the goal for 2-2, they thought they’d won it already and their midfield was nowhere to be seen. You can’t really say excuses of resting players, when the side put out should be winning against Rochdale fairly comfortably.
  • Options

pretty sure that's nonsense. FA announced that the rules would change when the new Wembley opened and all semis would take place there, reference to neutral grounds was dropped
  • Options
    yep, just checked and there's a 30 year commitment to hold semi finals at wembley, basically to pay for the construction

doubt they anticipated the spurs situation when they agreed that though, it's definitely unfair
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    If Spurs reach the semis the game could be switched to Arsenal, Chelsea or a Manchester venue.
  • Options
    I agree though, whatever team Poch put out should have been more than enough. The players should be taking a good look at themselves this morning.
  • Options
    Sissoko and Llorente definitely need to be moved on. I don't know if it's simply down to not getting regular games but Llorente is a shadow of the player Swansea had last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't impressed with Foyth, he looks like someone who needs a loan spell in the Football League to get him more battle hardened
  • Options

Sissoko and Llorente definitely need to be moved on. I don't know if it's simply down to not getting regular games but Llorente is a shadow of the player Swansea had last season.

This all day long. Yet another half-decent striker brought to Tottenham and ruined. But as for Sissoko. Jesus, words fail me. I just do not understand Poch's infatuation with him.
  • Options
    Fuck Tottenham. Who cares? Just another megacorp masquerading as a football club. How anyone can be "frustrated" by their performance or lack of it baffles me.
  • Options
    Apparently
    Dave Whelen once broke his leg in an FA Cup final
  • Options

Apparently

Which one?
  • Options
    No De Bruyne in the starting lineup, City reduced to playing Gundogan and Silva...
  • Options

Apparently

Which one?
    Which what :wink::wink:
    Dave Whelen
    Leg
    FA Cup final
  • Options
    Nathan Byrne playing really well. I imagine we'd have signed him permanently in the summer if Wigan hadn't been relegated
  • Options

Nathan Byrne playing really well. I imagine we'd have signed him permanently in the summer if Wigan hadn't been relegated

Much better than Mark Marshall...
  • Options
    Sorry that isnt a Red!!

Mistimed tackle made worse by the way that Power went down... Went in one footed so there was no intent from Delph