Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    I'd sign Camps in a heartbeat.

GOLAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HENDERSON!!!!
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    Great goal there from Rochdale.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Hello

Hi
  • Options
    The BBC pundits are surprised by the passing by Rochdale, but in general most teams in L1 play a passing game now rather than long ball
  • Options
    Gotta wonder if it's the same score with 5 to go whether it'll be in the back of some Rochdale players heads that conceding a late equaliser is probably their best chance to get to Wembley...? The QF isn't exactly gonna be a glamour tie if they win it is it...

Which is why its wrong Spurs are playing home games at Wembley in the cup IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Gotta wonder if it's the same score with 5 to go whether it'll be in the back of some Rochdale players heads that conceding a late equaliser is probably their best chance to get to Wembley...? The QF isn't exactly gonna be a glamour tie if they win it is it...

Most of there players won’t get the opportunity to play in an FA Cup QF. Beating Tottenham would give them belief that they could get something against either Swansea or Sheff Wed, if they did it’s a Semi Final at Wembley.

Playing at Wembley has been completely devalued with Spurs playing there (as you say - I also don’t think they should have been allowed to play home games there whatsoever) and even Semi Finals as well - should be for Finals and England games only.
  • Options
    Does any player 'go to ground' as often when there's any sort of physical challenge as Danny Rose? Not diving in a Zaha sense but less upright than any speed skater
  • Options

Most of there players won’t get the opportunity to play in an FA Cup QF. Beating Tottenham would give them belief that they could get something against either Swansea or Sheff Wed, if they did it’s a Semi Final at Wembley.

Playing at Wembley has been completely devalued with Spurs playing there (as you say - I also don’t think they should have been allowed to play home games there whatsoever) and even Semi Finals as well - should be for Finals and England games only.
    If i was a Rochdale player or fan i think i'd rather play away at Spurs at Wembley in round 5 than away to Swansea or Sheff Weds in the quarters
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Doesn't matter now. Spurs will be glad of no replay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    F***ing Spurs celebrate scoring bogus penalty against a team that cost less than one of their star players as if they had beaten Barca in the Champions league finals. Pricks.
  • Options
    Was totally a penalty tbf
  • Options
    2-2!!

They get their replay!!
  • Options

Did you say something
  • Options
    Ahahaha
  • Options

On second thoughts.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Didn’t think it was a penalty.
  • Options
    What a great League 1 finish that was! Pleased for Rochdale.
  • Options

Rochdale have just spent half a million on a new pitch. Be a bit disappointed if it didn't look good tbh

Replay will pay for that now
  • Options
    Haha! Excellent! Well done Rochdale. Very much deserved. Great story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Didn’t think it was a penalty.
    About as clear a penalty as you can get i thought
  • Options
    Excellent. Love an underdog.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Maybe. I thought it was a big fat cynical dive.

But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Ali was going nowhere and did his 9.5 dive. Yes,he made sure HE caught Def's foot and done a swan dive. CAn't stand diving cheats. For that spectular dive I would've turned it down.
  • Options
    Defender piled in late and stood on Alli's foot after he'd nicked the ball away. Certain penalty. Glad they got an equaliser though - another game for them in the run-in
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Ali was going nowhere and did his 9.5 dive. Yes,he made sure HE caught Def's foot and done a swan dive. CAn't stand diving cheats. For that spectular dive I would've turned it down.

He was about 8 yards out in front of goal, how's that going nowhere?!
  • Options
    Well done Rochdale - hope they enjoy their replay
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Defender piled in late and stood on Alli's foot after he'd nicked the ball away. Certain penalty. Glad they got an equaliser though - another game for them in the run-in

Probably right. I don't trust my judgement when I feel strongly biased one way or another.

For instance: Referees bent, Alli's a cheat, the whole games a set up and Rochdale are plucky outsiders who embody social justice.

• Options
    edited February 2018

Leuth said:

Maybe. I thought it was a big fat cynical dive.

But I could be wrong.
    It was a penalty, however I’m always cynical when it’s Alli involved. He certainly knows how to take a tumble - with or without assistance.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Probably right. I don't trust my judgement when I feel strongly biased one way or another.

For instance: Referees bent, Alli's a cheat, the whole games a set up and Rochdale are plucky outsiders who embody social justice.

https://election.news.sky.com/referendum/rochdale-2955