Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    Had yellow card in his hand
    Gets surrounded by Wigan players
    Changes it to red
  • Options
    Delph sent off, suddenly things have got interesting
  • Options
    Oops... Guardiola just went bonkers, shame the cameras went away from it
  • Options
    Guardiola did not look happy in the tunnel then
  • Options
    Ref had a yellow out, the Wigan players got in his face and all of a sudden it's a red
  • Options
    It’s a definite red. Left the floor with both feet.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Yellow for me
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Looked a wreckless challenge to me. Could see why it was a straight red. Could have been yellow as well. Don't understand why ref had yellow in his hand initially.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

This. Some on here need to learn the rules. This isn't the 80's.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

How can any of these pros say that is not a red?????

You’re not going to get more of a text book red card!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looked a wreckless challenge to me. Could see why it was a straight red. Could have been yellow as well. Don't understand why ref had yellow in his hand initially.

Because he was clearly only gonna book him until he had 100 wigan players around him
  • Options
    Unless of course he had both in his hand with the red not visible to our eyes whilst he made the decision
  • Options
    Bad tackle, red for me. Certainly makes the 2nd half interesting.
  • Options
    Definite red, he would have broken his legs if he’d connected. Sets the second half up very nicely.
  • Options
    Jackie Chan would have been proud of that tackle.
  • Options
    Definite red for me, but the ref hasn't helped himself.

Will fire City up though, they can probably do without a defender anyway.
  • Options
    Definite red for me.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

How can any of these pros say that is not a red?????

You’re not going to get more of a text book red card!
    Watching the view from behind Delph looks even worse.
  • Options
    Its a shame as wanted to see Phil Foden come on in the second half but dont see it happening now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Because he was clearly only gonna book him until he had 100 wigan players around him
    A red card to me, but Wigan should be docked 30 league points for surrounding the referee
    Dunno... Might need a few more docked for us to be safe from them catching us still ;)
  • Options

A red card to me, but Wigan should be docked 30 league points for surrounding the referee
    City did the same though when he gave the red. Aguero pushed Taylor which should not be happening.
  • Options
    Why isnt VAR being used this round?

Seems stupid that its been used in some rounds and not others... Surely if its being trialled it should be used across that competition not random games as surely gives some teams a slightly unfair advantage over others
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    1StevieG said:

City did the same though when he gave the red. Aguero pushed Taylor which should not be happening.
    Ok dock City 20 points to make the Premier league race more interesting!
  • Options

Seems stupid that its been used in some rounds and not others... Surely if its being trialled it should be used across that competition not random games as surely gives some teams a slightly unfair advantage over others

Think its certain grounds only,
    Most grounds would need to be made VAR ready, which I dont think was visable for the trial due to cost
  • Options

Most grounds would need to be made VAR ready, which I dont think was visable for the trial due to cost
    Isnt it just a TV on the side of the pitch with a link to the bloke in London?
  • Options

Isnt it just a TV on the side of the pitch with a link to the bloke in London?
    And a 6 year old with a crayon to draw the line across the defence.
  • Options
    Ignoring the scribble from Paddy Power, thats definitely a yellow card, sliding tackles will usually involve further contact which'll make the incident look worse than what it is.
  • Options
    All i know is my City -1 isnt coming in
  • Options
    For anyone that missed it
    Guardiola v Cook who would win