Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    a fit Igor might be a really good replacement. I think he was bowyers 1st choice to partner Taylor pre season. trouble is he's it fit and won't be for a while
  • Options
    Igor won't play for us again in my opinion.
  • Options

a fit Igor might be a really good replacement. I think he was bowyers 1st choice to partner Taylor pre season. trouble is he's it fit and won't be for a while

That's the problem.
  • Options
    Grapevine for PM!
  • Options
    There’s only two reasons he won’t leave this window:

1. No one offers a reasonable transfer fee, ie £2m+

2. Grant doesn’t want to go.

I think on 1. it’s likely an acceptable offer will come in, I suspect RD would take anything over £1m but certainly £2m+.

On 2. If it’s a southern based Club I think it’s almost certain he’d want to go, the further North the less likely it becomes.

If Brentford come in I think he’ll almost certainly go and dare I say it Millwall even more likely although he may not want to risk coming back down to league 1 as think they have a 50/50 chance of relegation.
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Sunderland will want a ready made replacement for Maja. Why would Grant not want to move, for more money on a longer contract than he has with us, to a bigger club in front of crowds of 30,000 plus every week?

Because Sunderland. It’s a shithole miles from the nearest town that isn’t a shitthole.
    The nearest place to Sunderland that isn't a shithole...... London?
    Edinburghs pretty nice. Leeds is alright in my experience.
    Love Edinburgh, my home of several years. Hate Leeds. Bad, bad goings on there for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Usual top post from Grapevine however Henry could really have done with this being on the Takeover thread to get to the next milestone of 1500 pages. :wink:
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

There’s only two reasons he won’t leave this window:

1. No one offers a reasonable transfer fee, ie £2m+

2. Grant doesn’t want to go.

I think on 1. it’s likely an acceptable offer will come in, I suspect RD would take anything over £1m but certainly £2m+.

On 2. If it’s a southern based Club I think it’s almost certain he’d want to go, the further North the less likely it becomes.

If Brentford come in I think he’ll almost certainly go and dare I say it Millwall even more likely although he may not want to risk coming back down to league 1 as think they have a 50/50 chance of relegation.

True. Although Millwall wanted him on loan and have since backed away according to Cawley.I also doubt Millwall have anything like £2m to spend on a player. Will Brentford really want to pay £2m for him? Although they may not have to with Roland. They already know how quick he was to sell Konsa to them for upfront cash.
  • Options
    My thought is that if he continues to score for us with regular football and helps get us promoted he could well be in for a bigger contract in six months time than he would get today and more likely to find premiership teams looking at him than Championship or soon to be relegated to championship teams. Going now to a soon to be relegated premier side could sour his career with the tag of failure and whilst he would be compensated with higher wages it may not last. Better from a career prospect to earn the tag of the striker that promoted a team than to be associated with relegation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I want Grant to stay but am realistic. If he has the chance to play for a Premier league team and triple his wages then he will take it. Only a handful of english players now play in the top tier. Quite an accolade for Karlan, if he makes it, if only for a few months. He will probably get into the England u/21 squad as well. Is he good enough? None of us know. He is talented and quick and can shoot well on the run. He always reminds me of Lisbie with his dodgy distribution but maybe that can improve. Good luck to him. Hope we get a good replacement. (Hope is all us Charlton fans can ever do!)
  • Options
    Ffs - anyone know if our boy Ocran is any good?
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Ffs - anyone know if our boy Ocran is any good?

The lad came from Barnsley into our development squad at the same time as Stevenson from Orient so @seth plum might as he watches them from time to time.
  • Options

I want Grant to stay but am realistic. If he has the chance to play for a Premier league team and triple his wages then he will take it. Only a handful of english players now play in the top tier. Quite an accolade for Kim, if he makes it, if only for a few months. He will probably get into the England u/21 squad as well. Is he good enough? None of us know. He is talented and quick and can shoot well on the run. He always reminds me of Lisbie with his dodgy distribution but maybe that can improve. Good luck to him. Hope we get a good replacement. (Hope is all us Charlton fans can ever do!)

Er Kim... ')
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Rudders22 said:

I want Grant to stay but am realistic. If he has the chance to play for a Premier league team and triple his wages then he will take it. Only a handful of english players now play in the top tier. Quite an accolade for Kim, if he makes it, if only for a few months. He will probably get into the England u/21 squad as well. Is he good enough? None of us know. He is talented and quick and can shoot well on the run. He always reminds me of Lisbie with his dodgy distribution but maybe that can improve. Good luck to him. Hope we get a good replacement. (Hope is all us Charlton fans can ever do!)

Er Kim... ')
    Not sure if he meant that or it was tongue in cheek only we used to have a striker called Kim Grant 90/91 season onwards who sadly became the brunt of fans disatisfaction with him.
  • Options
    Maybe thats an idea, give Kim a 6 month contract then in the paperwork to Hudds just write K Grant, then once its all signed give them Kim
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Rudders22 said:

Er Kim... ')
    Not sure if he meant that or it was tongue in cheek only we used to have a striker called Kim Grant 90/91 season onwards who sadly became the brunt of fans disatisfaction with him.
    I think it was a slip of the mind. He obviously meant Karlan.
  • Options
    Will Karlan still be here for tomorrow?

Someone said he wasn't training with the rest of them.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What was the source of that Len?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

someone said they passed the training ground this morning and couldn't see him with the rest of the lads

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

someone said they passed the training ground this morning and couldn't see him with the rest of the lads

Wasn't that Leeds bloke was it.........wrong league forget that :wink:
    On a more serious note that sounds ominous if true hopefully he had just popped into the clubhouse for a comfort break.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

@AveryAddick higher up this thread.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If Huddersfield really want Grant to go there they’d probably have a better chance if they wait for next season when he turns up in a Charlton shirt for a Championship game
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Scoham said:
    If Huddersfield really want Grant to go there they’d probably have a better chance if they wait for next season when he turns up in a Charlton shirt for a Championship game
    Jury’s out on Brentford and Millwall atm because they could be in L1 next season...
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Jury’s out on Brentford and Millwall atm because they could be in L1 next season...
    There is no chance Brentford will be in league 1 next season
  • Options
    on the other thread RedHenry says WBA also interested.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Sunderland will want a ready made replacement for Maja. Why would Grant not want to move, for more money on a longer contract than he has with us, to a bigger club in front of crowds of 30,000 plus every week?

Because Sunderland. It’s a shithole miles from the nearest town that isn’t a shitthole.
    Let’s not pretend Charlton is a glittering oasis, parts of it and surrounding areas are absolutely vile.
    Which is why I said London, not Charlton.
    JamesSeed said:

Homesick are we?
    Not a chance.
    Do you have a local football team to follow? (As a second team of course).
    No, there isn't a football team in the entire province, which has annoyed me ever since I moved here.

Honghe and Yuxi both have HUGE tobacco companies and could easily bankroll a successful team, there have been rumours about it happening a few times, but nothing has ever materialised.
    Perhaps MK Dons might be interested in going there?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

Let’s not pretend Charlton is a glittering oasis, parts of it and surrounding areas are absolutely vile.
    Which is why I said London, not Charlton.
    JamesSeed said:

Homesick are we?
    Not a chance.
    Do you have a local football team to follow? (As a second team of course).
    No, there isn't a football team in the entire province, which has annoyed me ever since I moved here.

Honghe and Yuxi both have HUGE tobacco companies and could easily bankroll a successful team, there have been rumours about it happening a few times, but nothing has ever materialised.
    Perhaps MK Dons might be interested in going there?
    Nah, more suited to Orient :wink: .
  • Options

Scoham said:
    There is no chance Brentford will be in league 1 next season
    Millwall either. Three worse sides for sure.