Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

Comments

• remember a game in early 80's (possibly evening game?) when I was about 12 and they came steaming into the the big east terrace from the Jimmy Seed and it was going off all around us.
  • MrOneLung said:

remember a game in early 80's (possibly evening game?) when I was about 12 and they came steaming into the the big east terrace from the Jimmy Seed and it was going off all around us.

1984-85 2-2 draw (Towner and Hales). Not pleasant.

First three times I saw Pompey there was trouble.....the previous two were league cup game at QPR and a Good Friday at Brentford (that's the worst I've ever seen). Lots of Chelsea there and battles on three sides of the ground.
  • edited November 2017
    Does it bother people that much if a few fans of the opposition come in our end keep their mouth shut and watch the game
  • Always liked going down to Fratton Park, there used to be some lively pubs within walking distance of the ground. You were fine strolling around as an away fan, but I always felt there was a bit of menace in the air! Step out of line and someone will put you in your place haha! Have no problem with them having a few extra tickets, why not? If Pompey have tickets in the home areas then it's a different matter though. It's at your own risk I guess, but I can't understand why people would bother doing this for a meaningless (for them) fixture? Atmosphere should be good though
  • Should clarify, it's not meaningless for them, but you know what I mean!
  • clb74 said:

Does it bother people that much if a few fans of the opposition come in our end keep their mouth shut and watch the game

Yes, because they don’t sit quietly and keep their mouths shut.
  • Don't see the harm in giving them an extra 500-1k tickets if they want them. Will save them buying in home areas so what's the problem when we've got 15k spare seats.
  • clb74 said:

Yes, because they don’t sit quietly and keep their mouths shut.
    CLB74 does.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Pompy have more than their fair share of pricks so I would rather give them extra tickets and keep them out of the home areas on what will be an emotional and energetic day.

The emotional part will be Elfsborg buying a round in the pub.
    We can celebrate his next round at the 50 years back to the valley.
    Wimbledon Saturday Chris.
    Drinks on you
    Tradition and all that
  • Sunday I meant
    Can't be bothered to edit
  • clb74 said:

Was 5 of us in the Gillingham home end, no issues! Maybe it was because we had nothing to cheer!
  • Got a lot of time and respect for Pompey as a club and a fan base but this is our day, it’s not a cup game to a no mark or a Bournemouth promotion party

We could, wait for it, have as many as fourteen thousand (14000) for this game but I would be disappointed if 4500 were Pompey as much as I admire then and their Millwall hatred
  • Was quite a major row with them outside the Royal Oak one year, they came up across the railway crossing, and I remember some really large firework/ explosive device being thrown at the pub, and leaving a massive burn mark on the car bonnet that it landed on. Anyone else remember this ?

Yes
  • clb74 said:

Pompy have more than their fair share of pricks so I would rather give them extra tickets and keep them out of the home areas on what will be an emotional and energetic day.

Drinks on you
    Tradition and all that
    Dino's coming over, he appreciated last season's genorisity on your part.

So did half the boozer actually!
  • edited November 2017

clb74 said:

Pompy have more than their fair share of pricks so I .

• edited November 2017
    I like Portsmouth!
  • clb74 said:

Drinks on you
    Tradition and all that
    Dino's coming over, he appreciated last season's genorisity on your part.

So did half the boozer actually!
    Is Dino bringing his Mrs
    Nah, some old geezer pulled her last year and he refuses to bring her to London nowadays.
    F#@$k off
  • Sponsored links:

• Love that elfsborg edited his post but Blackpool72 quoted him so everone can see.

Man i love CharltonLife
  • Love that elfsborg edited his post but Blackpool72 quoted him so everone can see.

Man i love CharltonLife

It's the best
  • Elfs your a d£ckhead
  • Where's admin
  • Was quite a major row with them outside the Royal Oak one year, they came up across the railway crossing, and I remember some really large firework/ explosive device being thrown at the pub, and leaving a massive burn mark on the car bonnet that it landed on. Anyone else remember this ?

Don't remember that but remember them smashing a couple of windows at the Ship in Norwood, big mistake as it was full of Charlton herberts who stormed out after them.
    March 1986, memorable incident, they tried to enter the pub mob handed but were chased back up the road, RIP Duncan & Selwyn

Man i love CharltonLife

There is no truth in any of this and all made up to get reaction.

Looks like they've already been buying in the home ends.
  • replies like the one from "pompey fans" means if they get a slap i wont particularly give a shit
  • replies like the one from "pompey fans" means if they get a slap i wont particularly give a shit

I’m sure they’ll sit quietly..

I’m sure they’ll sit quietly..
    tbh the safer option would be the west, was there on tuesday night and probably was sharing the block with 2 others.