Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

Comments

• Options

Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

If it kicks off, Tone, you’re in the frame...

And if we'd put it on restricted sale to red card holders only, there would be a load of people moaning on here, as they always do.
    No there wouldn't. It's been standard procedure for years. Away stand sells out in high profile game, sales from that point restricted to those already on database. Which is what? 100k+

Instead, they are so desperate to drive up crowd numbers and take a few extra quid they are perfectly happy to jeopardise safety and run the risk of potential incidents all over the ground.

Absolutely pathetic. Your boys are grown up and you sit North Upper with like minded. I'm in the East with wife and 7yr old kids. I don't like the thought of having pissed up Pompey fans around me for some strange reason.

Carry on defending though
    I'm not defending them. I said if we'd put them on restricted sale there would be people on here moaning and there would be, because every time they go on restricted sale, people on here moan about it.

I'm not saying people on here are right to moan about it. I'm saying they do moan about it.

The club should have made them restricted as soon as Pompey had sold out.
    Reading your reply to @Airman Brown it looks like a defence to me. Do you agree with Airman's post or not? I do, 100%. And yes, I will be there, and I don't want to sit amongst the siblings of the illiterate pond life that I saw far too much of when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic, thank you all the same.
    Yes I agree with Airman's post, perhaps I should have better worded my response.
    As I said earlier, the point I was making was that every time we restrict sales to red card holders, because the away end has sold out, there are people on here moaning about it.

I'm confident everyone must remember those posts, I've supported Charlton 50 years but they are refusing to sell me a ticket for me and my retired friend.

I remember them, because it's quite often me pointing out that they are always restricted when the away end sells out and has been the case for 5/10 odd years.

This was what I said v Millwall last season.

"Any away club that sells out their allocation, will always mean home tickets will be on restricted sale.

So yes, home tickets will be on sale to Charlton red card holders/ a record of past ticket purchases by phone or in person and not online. Same as it's always been for 5 years plus, probably 10 and maybe a lot longer."
    OK, then I see where you are coming from, but how come you can't buy restricted tickets? You refuse to have a Red Card, or whatever it is called, that I have?

I've no idea why people who have supported Charlton for donkey's years, come on here complaining that they have been refused tickets and apparently don't have a red card. But I'm absolutely certain it happens nearly every time.
    Ah I see, you are quoting other fans. I thought you were talking about yourself.

I agree, then. But they are obviously planks. They should not be referenced in any way which would give succour to the SMT, the biggest planks of the lot.

• Options
    This will end in tears

I was gonna to this on the way to the Charatans at Brixton but no chance now sad
    What a shame
  • Options
    I personally can't thank good ole Douchbag,Squirrel face & the lackeys that made this game actually happen,who would have thought it...both in the same league on our special 25th anniversary...wonder what would have happened if we had gone up last season (haha) or down even...???

Probably just brushed it under the carpet...wankers...!!!

Am joking by way...the only thanks they will get of me is thanks fuck that they have sold the club

Ps well done the Museum,Trust & CARD...proper Charlton...
  • Options
    To be fair, while the club should have reacted earlier, it's pretty unusual for a side in L1 to not only sell out the JS away section, but to vastly do so well over a week before the match. With the usual 3 men and a dog away attendances we get most matches, I guess the club were caught out

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-fans-to-travel-to-charlton-en-masse-1-8265946

Why was the original allocation less than 3000, when the JS hold 3300?
  • Options

smurfd said:

replies like the one from "pompey fans" means if they get a slap i wont particularly give a shit

I’m sure they’ll sit quietly..
    tbh the safer option would be the west, was there on tuesday night and probably was sharing the block with 2 others.
    From what I have been hearing they have been getting tickets all over the stadium.

Good .Fuck em
    Might be a good sentiment but it does not help us in any way, why on earth did we not sort the new allocation out before they started getting there own tickets all over the place, we certainly do not need anything bad coming from this all our efforts should be directed to getting out of this league.
  • Options

Incompetent SMT demonstrating its incompetence. How many Charlton fans would be excluded by restricting online sales to people on the database? Even then they could sell to them on the phone and check addresses/history.

And if we'd put it on restricted sale to red card holders only, there would be a load of people moaning on here, as they always do.
    No there wouldn't. It's been standard procedure for years. Away stand sells out in high profile game, sales from that point restricted to those already on database. Which is what? 100k+

Instead, they are so desperate to drive up crowd numbers and take a few extra quid they are perfectly happy to jeopardise safety and run the risk of potential incidents all over the ground.

Absolutely pathetic. Your boys are grown up and you sit North Upper with like minded. I'm in the East with wife and 7yr old kids. I don't like the thought of having pissed up Pompey fans around me for some strange reason.

Carry on defending though
    To be absolutely honest I sit in the North upper NWQ precisely, I have moved all over the valley since my first game in 1958, When I could not afford regular tickets as my kids were growing up we moved around the ground but settled in the NWQ and I totally agree with you, I am now temporarily disabled with arthritis so if possible pay for parking nearer the ground the nearest at the moment is just behind the station and the thought of having to walk past the anti galligan after the match is not thrilling me so I think I will prefer the extra pain of walking up and down the hill to that, I sympathise with your predicament.
  • Options
    Seen them claiming about 100 in the West, can’t exactly see it being too hard for the ticket office to go through the details of the people in the end blocks and cancelling them.
  • Options
    I managed to get a ticket in the jimmy seed stand. thought I could infiltrate them like in that film ID. but unlike that film ID when it starts kicking off in other parts of the ground i'll be in a perfect position to exit quietly leaving you lot to deal with all those mental sailors.

..Now what did I do with that pirate hat..
  • Options

It's all about maximising revenue before they go. They don't give a shit. Any grief and they will blame it on us.

Nail on head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One or two Pompey fans that probably live in London and can’t get tickets in the away end buy tickets in the home end and brag about it anonymously on a Pompey forum and everybody starts panicking there will be thousands of them in with the charlton fans and it’s all going to kick off...ffs

Exactly this.
  • Options

One or two Pompey fans that probably live in London and can’t get tickets in the away end buy tickets in the home end and brag about it anonymously on a Pompey forum and everybody starts panicking there will be thousands of them in with the charlton fans and it’s all going to kick off...ffs

Don't think people are panicking, just pointing out that our shit SMT could have done more to prevent possible trouble. If it all goes tits up Chris Parkes seems to be already set up as the fall guy.

Don't know if you have young kids or have ever been caught up in major aggro but if you have you may have a different attitude.

Prevention is always better than a belated attempt at a cure.
  • Options
    Not panicking, but the address aspect is a complete red herring as you print online tickets at home yourself, so they are not being posted out in that sense.

The niche thing that Covered End has tried to focus on has happened, but more often than not the complaint is that once on restricted sale people were never able to buy online but had to be over phone or in person, with additional charges levied.
  • Options

Whether that’s true or not, Charlton management are responsible for keeping order in their own stadium. People moaning on websites aren’t.

Not saying that the odd Pompey fan is necessarily a problem but if it goes off the Charlton management will be to blame. It’s reckless.
    can I get this in writing to give to Oz & Mick Everett please?
  • Options

Don't think people are panicking, just pointing out that our shit SMT could have done more to prevent possible trouble. If it all goes tits up Chris Parkes seems to be already set up as the fall guy.

Don't know if you have young kids or have ever been caught up in major aggro but if you have you may have a different attitude.

Prevention is always better than a belated attempt at a cure.
    Admittedly, the SMT could have said that just because fans live in a London postcode and may have been to the Valley before it doesn’t qualify for buying a ticket to this match and that they have to be a season ticket holder to buy tickets but even then that doesn’t mean that ST holders haven’t been buying tickets for Pompey fans either.

It doesn’t matter how old your kids are, you still worry about them and, yes, I may have been caught up in one or two little altercations a long long time ago.

Away fans buying tickets in home ends has always happened only most of the time nobody notices or cares. I suspect that because the Pompey fans in the away ‘ends’ will be particularly noisy the Charlton fans will try and respond in kind. In that environment any away fan in the home end is probably going to be pretty anonymous.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Remember the cup game when they had 8-10,000.

Yes
    That was the 4th Round Jan 1976....1-1 draw, thought we would then get knocked out but we went down there and won 3-0. Then it was a trip up to Wolves and that John Richards hatrick.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Yes
    That was the 4th Round Jan 1976....1-1 draw, thought we would then get knocked out but we went down there and won 3-0. Then it was a trip up to Wolves and that John Richards hatrick.
    And I was at the replay, being already in Portsmouth at Poly. Sweet, sweet revenge on my mate whom I mentioned above. The place went mad about that game. 32,000, hardly any Charlton. And afterwards the local Evening News turned on the team big time; "Pathetic, Pompey" was the headline.

Portsmouth is an island, and they really have that mentality. For good and bad reasons, they are special fans, not just like any old club. I am sure Mick Everett with his knowledge and years of experience knows this perfectly well. He's not what I refer to as SMT, he is only being paid to work part-time I believe.

• Options

redbuttle said:

Yes
    And I was at the replay, being already in Portsmouth at Poly. Sweet, sweet revenge on my mate whom I mentioned above. The place went mad about that game. 32,000, hardly any Charlton. And afterwards the local Evening News turned on the team big time; "Pathetic, Pompey" was the headline.

Portsmouth is an island, and they really have that mentality. For good and bad reasons, they are special fans, not just like any old club. I am sure Mick Everett with his knowledge and years of experience knows this perfectly well. He's not what I refer to as SMT, he is only being paid to work part-time I believe.

Never went to that replay, though I did get to the Wolves game.
  • Options

redbuttle said:

Yes

Never went to that replay, though I did get to the Wolves game.
    Fantastic support at the wolves game.
    Shame about the result.
  • Options
    Hope all these blue rinse types don't hog the seats going back to Canons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey mate at work has reminded me that they gave up some of their allocation in 1992...Is this true...He was at that game. I remember going the following week also, I think we had Oxford Utd, and there was about 6k there.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Club was aware of the claims of Pompey tickets sold in home areas. They should have allocated the extra seats, then held a 5 day amnesty for Pompey fans in home areas to switch to the away section, with no redress for breaking the official policy. Simply re allocate their seats.

However, I am slightly bemused by the massive interest Pompey seem to have in the game ?
  • Options

Club was aware of the claims of Pompey tickets sold in home areas. They should have allocated the extra seats, then held a 5 day amnesty for Pompey fans in home areas to switch to the away section, with no redress for breaking the official policy. Simply re allocate their seats.

However, I am slightly bemused by the massive interest Pompey seem to have in the game ?

My mate says the interest is, its in London easy day out, they quite like Charlton and its a ground they can take a few thousand fans.
  • Options

Exactly.

I was in the home end at Scunthorpe last week. Had to keep an eye on @SoundAsa£ though as he is always ready fro some pavement dancing.
  • Options

My mate says the interest is, its in London easy day out, they quite like Charlton and its a ground they can take a few thousand fans.
    It just happens to be the first time they've played us for a while (ignoring the Checkatrade!) and had a "decent" localish away day

• Options

Understand the extra seats would be blocks A and B in the east stand, but the police may not allow it. The difficulty is that it’s probably better to give them extra than have them buying in home stands.

The Jimmy Seed Stand has 3,400 seats but it’s usual practice to hold some back.

• Options

It just happens to be the first time they've played us for a while (ignoring the Checkatrade!) and had a "decent" localish away day

With Brighton, Bournemouth and of course Southampton all in the Prem Charlton would certainly be a ''decent'' away day.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Sollied said:

Think the initial allocation is 2000 - therefore the extra 1400 is the upper part of the jimmy seed

They've sold their extra, just under 3k. Which surprised me as thought the South held 300-400 more
    The what?

The South Stand. The one opposite the North, and which has the East & West on either side of it. Easy really.
    The Feckin "North" FFS..................
    Its "The Covered End" opposite the south with the east and west on either side ;)
    The Feckin "North" FFS..................
    Its "The Covered End" opposite the Jimmy Seed Stand, with the east and west on either side ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that Pompey are the team that we have played more than any other in first team fixtures.
    Can any of you stato freaks out there confirm?
  • Options

If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that Pompey are the team that we have played more than any other in first team fixtures.
    Can any of you stato freaks out there confirm?

Remember seeing a list of clubs we have played the most (this was a few years ago), from memory I think Porthsmouth were 2nd behind Boro.