Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Better than no-one i guess, not as bad as people are making out. More likely to score than Josh but again are we going to play with 2 up front to accommodate him? unlikely but at present we cant even fill the bench so bums on seats. If he is thrown in will give him the support and hope he has something to prove.
  • Options
    Hanson is a decent forward, could've signed him if our owner gave a sh!t.
  • Options

Better than no-one i guess, not as bad as people are making out. More likely to score than Josh but again are we going to play with 2 up front to accommodate him? unlikely but at present we cant even fill the bench so bums on seats. If he is thrown in will give him the support and hope he has something to prove.

I'd rather play Fosu or Ahearne-Grant up front
  • Options
    Could Ajose play by himself up front?

In his brief time with us Leon Best looked quite useful as the central striker, pace causing centre backs more problems than high balls towards Josh
  • Options
    I think Ajose's effort levels are apparent. Compare how hard he worked compared to Fosu, Vetokele, Magennis, KAG, Holmes, Aribo, Kashi, JFC, Clarke, Bauer, Sarr, Lennon, DaSilva, Solly, Konsa etc...

He just doesn't try.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

In his brief time with us Leon Best looked quite useful as the central striker, pace causing centre backs more problems than high balls towards Josh

He could and then we'd have no out ball in the air because it would just come straight back every time. At least Josh gets a few headers in and although not the same player as last season, does his bit defending set pieces, the own goal aside. Still a no from me :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

He could and then we'd have no out ball in the air because it would just come straight back every time. At least Josh gets a few headers in and although not the same player as last season, does his bit defending set pieces, the own goal aside. Still a no from me :wink:
    then don't play it in the air. The problem with Ajose was/is that we didn't play to his strengths. It was only then that he looked disinterested.

• Options
    edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

then don't play it in the air. The problem with Ajose was/is that we didn't play to his strengths. It was only then that he looked disinterested.

C'mon that's easier said than done when you're under pressure as a defender you haven't got time to pick a nice little pass out to feet, trust me. You clear your lines and give it the welly and those are the type of 'out balls' I was referring to.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We cant really compare Ajose & Magdennis they are both completely different players. Ajose will imo score more if we play to his strengths. As for KAG he could potentially be a similar player than Ajose but has been used more on the wing so would need a chance similar. I personally think regardless whether Ajose doesn't work hard enough, if he has come back and we are short on numbers we should at least try and get him a bit of game time even if last 10 mins to see if he can turn it around.
    At present we have noone coming in and lack of strikers.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

cfgs said:

Never buy a striker after one decent season.

Known as the Izale McLeod Law.

Still don't understand the elbow at Northwitch...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Conversation on Twitter between a supporter and Richard Cawley, which hints that we are trying to bring people in.........

@DanielGurr1
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @RichCawleySLP
    Anything on transfers rich ??

@RichCawleySLP
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @DanielGurr1
    Not that I can write at the moment. Whenever I am in a position to do so, would always be on the website mate.

@DanielGurr1
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    Ok mate I know you can't mention names but are we being linked with good players ??

@RichCawleySLP
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    One I have heard would be a decent one, yeah.

PS I still have no idea how to post tweets on here without copying and pasting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Click on the little arrow in the top corner of a tweet, select copy link to twee, click into comment box, right click, paste bosh.

Edit - #fail That normally works! Edit 2 - It does work, just gotta select the text from each tweet...

• Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Click on the little arrow in the top corner of a tweet, select copy link to twee, click into comment box, right click, paste bosh.

Edit - #fail That normally works! Edit 2 - It does work, just gotta select the text from each tweet...

Thank you, my feeble brain was confused by the witchcraft that you all seemed to possess.
  • Options

Ajose has to at least be given a chance imo, can't be any worse than Magennis

Rather have Magennis who at least works hard for 90 mins and defends well.

Josh also has a better goal scoring record for us.
    Yeah just lose 1-0 every week to a Magennis OG then!
  • Options
    Can't you just post the web address of the tweet (if on a pc) and just paste it here?
  • Options
    Brighton interested in Konsa according to Cawley in the SLP
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

No dont do that, much better having the convo rather then link personally so we dont have to go onto twitter especially those at work :)
  • Options

Ajose has to at least be given a chance imo, can't be any worse than Magennis

Rather have Magennis who at least works hard for 90 mins and defends well.

Josh also has a better goal scoring record for us.
    Not at the moment he doesn't Josh hasn't scored in 13 games & is dreadfully out of form. I read on the link to the Newshopper article on Ajose that he wont be involved on Saturday. To me that is just wrong. Its not as if we are inundated with strikers & with KAG out (I presume) then all we have it Magennis, Mavvy & RHF. Surely Ajose is worth a place on the bench or are we saying that Sarr is a better bet. Anyone who saw Sarr's tame "backpass" effort will agree that he is no striker.

I think its time that KR swallows his pride & makes sure that we have some striking options on the bench for Saturday. Fosu may be back, but he has been out for a few months & you can't expect him to make an immediate impact.
  • Options
    Its going to be a long 14days :'(