Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    Brandan Hanlan returns to Charlton from Colchester United

Front-runner Hanlan’s loan deal with the U’s expired after last weekend’s 3-1 defeat at Wycombe Wanderers, during which the 20-year-old made his 20th and last appearance for the club as an 82nd minute substitute.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Ajose as the loan striker and Magennis in the No.10 role could be an option.

This should be on the jokes thread.
    Made me laugh out loud
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If I was Konsa, i'd be considering joining Brighton over Everton seeing how they've treated Ademola.

But would run the risk of being in The Championship next season......
  • Options
    Colchester United (loan) 18 (2)
    Another prolific striker :)
  • Options
    Don't think Ajose or Hanlan add much beyond bodies (which, to be fair, we could do with at the moment). Hanlan is more of a complete forward, so it's not just about goals for him. But 2 in 18 isn't great obviously. I think he could do with another loan stint.

As for Ajose, not much to add really. He overall footballing ability and intelligence aren't great and his workrate is poor on the pitch...and it sounds like it isn't great off the pitch either. I trust @dickplumb when he says he'll never play for us again.

As with Tony Watt, even if a player has ability and potential (and Watt has more than Ajose), if they're going to be problematic in the dressing room then they're not worth the risk.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

Don't think Ajose or Hanlan add much beyond bodies (which, to be fair, we could do with at the moment). Hanlan is more of a complete forward, so it's not just about goals for him. But 2 in 18 isn't great obviously. I think he could do with another loan stint.

To be fair to Hanlan, he started the season quite well before being out injured for a spell.
    But he's often been used as a late sub - so that's nowhere near 18 starts; distorts the goals to game stats massively.

Fair dos, good point. And to be clear I'm not knocking him based just on this. The bits I've seen of him he does seem to have promise. I just don't think he's ready for our first team yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/18/por-charlton-set-to-land-palace-winger-kaikai/

Was rumoured to be part of the Lookman bid they put in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/18/por-charlton-set-to-land-palace-winger-kaikai/

(If true) Yay another winger
  • Options
    Didn't KR recently say he didnt even know who kaikai was?
  • Options

I was going to post that that is just we need - another winger !! But then I looked at his stats & it looks like he can score goals too -better than most of our current strikers at least so if it happens i'd be happy.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Out of principle I don't want any palarse players on loan

I’m with you no thanks
  • Options

I was going to post that that is just we need - another winger !! But then I looked at his stats & it looks like he can score goals too -better than most of our current strikers at least so if it happens i'd be happy.
    That was what I thought as well at first. But of course he's a replacement for Ricky. But even so I'd probably be happier if we'd signed a striker.
    I've never heard of Kaikai, but he's supposed to be good. Don't care if he's Palace, but for those who do, it'd be good if one of their players helped us win promotion.
  • Options
    Cawley now tweeting Kaikai set to sign on Loan
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SDAddick said:

To be fair to Hanlan, he started the season quite well before being out injured for a spell.
    But he's often been used as a late sub - so that's nowhere near 18 starts; distorts the goals to game stats massively.
    Goals per game stats can be very misleading. Goals per minute is what counts.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Agree. Fuck him off and put the money towards a striker ffs
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Really? What striker do you have in mind coming in on loan for Ricky wages?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not wanting a player because he is Palace is ridiculous. So nobody would take Benteke then? If he is good enough then that's fine. However we need a striker desperately, perhaps Mavididi might move central?

Genuinely would say no to Benteke, doesn't play for the team only himself and doesn't ever impress me when I see him, but that's by the by.

I'm happy for any player to sign on loan that would piss Palace off. I am not happy to have them gloating that we are having their cast offs that can't get in the team/we are nurturing their talent for them.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

CAFCsayer said:

I’m not a professional football scout and wouldn’t know who would be available.

However I can fit you a nice light if you’d like.
    Really? Where do you live and do you do Charlton Life rates?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

CAFCsayer said:

Just moved to kent and yes I can do
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

CAFCsayer said:

Ah, I do like a happy ending :wink:
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

CAFCsayer said:

I live near West Malling. You?