Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football annoyances

Comments

• Options
    People who stand at the exits and then argue with the stewards when politely asked to move.
  • Options
    Own goals...
  • Options

Away sides wearing their change kit when there is no colour clash

This, this and this again.

Never wondered why some teams change their shorts if they clash with the other team (both white for example), but some clubs don’t.
  • Options
    Watching Final Score and seeing Garth Crooks morph into Jakob Zuma.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Fans who smoke in the toilet cubicles at half time.
  • Options
    5 being treated like a third class citizen.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

5 being treated like a third class citizen.

Adding to this; the presumption that English Football fans are the worst in existance!!
  • Options
    Today's results. From my perspective it's harder to imagine a much worse set.

The club I love: Charlton (lost).

Clubs I hate: Millwall (won), Palace (won), West Ham (won).

Clubs I like: Southend (lost), Canvey Island (lost), Leyton Orient (won, albeit to Haringey Borough!), Great Wakering Rovers (postponed).

Clubs I dislike: Leeds (won), Chelsea (won), Gillingham (won), Wigan (won).

Clubs I quite like: Brighton (drew), Villa (lost), Watford (lost), Forest (lost), Barnet (won).

Clubs I couldn't care less about: All the rest (doesn't matter).

Now to top it all, I've put Pointless on to try and escape from football misery and they got bloody Geoff Thomas on there, arrrggghhh!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Clubs I like: Southend (lost), Canvey Island (lost), Leyton Orient (won, albeit to Haringey Borough!), Great Wakering Rovers (postponed).

Clubs I quite like: Brighton (drew), Villa (lost), Watford (lost), Forest (lost), Barnet (won).

Now to top it all, I've put Pointless on to try and escape from football misery and they got bloody Geoff Thomas on there, arrrggghhh!!!!!

Hopefully they ask/asked him about if had any shots on goal for England ;)
  • Options
    Numbers said:

Stig said:

Hopefully they ask/asked him about if had any shots on goal for England ;)
    No they kept banging on about England never losing with him in the team.

• Options
    Boysie said:

Half and Half Scarves
    The proliferation of all black away kits
    Coloured boots
    Socks pulled up above the knee, like schoolgirls

Especially by 20 year old kids who haven't played more than a handful of games. If, and I say if, they have to be worn at all, then only by seasoned pro's who can say that they have actually achieved something.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

- Bubble Machines
    - oversized flags waved when a goal is scored
    - inane statements written in an "ultra" font
    - Champions League / Premier league "anthems"
    - handshakes that aren't a proper handshake but that modern "thumb shake"
    - a "thumb shake" combined with a "shoulder barge" between every player before kick off
    - pointing two fingers at the sky and looking up at kick off / after scoring a goal.
    - teams coming out of the tunnel side by side when it's not a cup final
    - any music pre / during / post match that drowns out the sound of the crowd
    - the use of fireworks at any point in a game, especially when a cup is lifted

- as above for ticker tape
    - the modern cup presentation where the captain gets the trophy at the end and all his team mates stand on a stage doing that stupid thing with their hands
    - Roland Duchatelet

I could go on...

This at our play off final, the music & fireworks were so loud when Kin Kin Kinsella lifted the trophy it totally
    ruined the post match celebrations for me cause you couldn't hear any Charlton songs/chants.

Yes I know it was a long time ago & I don't think about it day in day out but just saying :smiley:
    Blimey....and I thought that I was the only one that felt that. Etched on my mind is that when the trophy as lifted all I want to hear is a roar - and all I remember is the sound of fireworks going off.
  • Options
    Adults smoking in toilets.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Players who get away with shepherding the ball out of play (especially defenders manipulating for a goal kick), and deliberately preventing an opponent from playing the ball......any other place on the pitch and the ref would blow up for blatant obstruction?
    Never understood how this anomaly has been allowed over many many years to develop and is now considered the norm?
    IMHO it’s obstruction, pure and simple.
  • Options
    Keepers who repeatedly carry the ball outside the box when making clearances.....why are the linos not picking this up, as well as TV commentators and pundits......some keepers get away with it continually.
  • Options
    Encroachment at penalty kicks.......I swear referees and lino’s don’t give a shyte, sometimes they’re almost level with the taker!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a shitty owner & crap ceo
  • Options
    iainment said:

People who say "Your Lampards, your Gerrards" etc - there was only one of each.

2 Lampards surely.
    True! I'm sure you know what I meant though!
  • Options
    People who call it footy/footie. Same c**** that call rugby "rugger".
    Stadiums that have seats where there should be terraces.
  • Options
    The nonsensical rule that a player who's been treated for an injury has to go off the pitch after they've been treated!

It doesn't save time, and penalises the team with the injured player, when they might have a dangerous situation
  • Options

The nonsensical rule that a player who's been treated for an injury has to go off the pitch after they've been treated!

It doesn't save time, and penalises the team with the injured player, when they might have a dangerous situation

Same rule which doesn't apply to keepers.
  • Options
    people on their phones at a game telling their mate about the latest scores from around the country
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Unnecessary amounts of punditry on highlight shows like Match of the Day and Football on 5.

It tends to involve them just repeating everything you've just seen with someone describing it to you with a load of meaningless cliches thrown in.

This makes the show last twice as long as it needs to be. No way should a Premier League goals program take an hour and a half to present about 6 matches.

I quite like the current incarnation with Murray, Big Chris and Caroline Barker. Better than the match of the day love in with linekar, shearer and nobber.
  • Options
    When a ref books a goalkeeper who is time wasting taking a goal kick has to go from near the half way line to the keeper to show him the yellow. That then wastes more time!
  • Options
    Animated / Electronc advertising boards around the pitch doing their best to distract you.