Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football annoyances

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

I genuinely dislike the image of the modern footballer

So plastic. Headphones, tattoos, FIFA and hip hop and r’n’b. That’s pretty much what I think all of them are like. I’m sure some are very individual and have personalities, but it’s very hard to tell

And the bleached teeth - Firmino and Countinho look absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Substituted players that walk off slowly and mess about clapping their supporters
  • Options
    "False nine" and similar terms. The lower the league being discussed the more ridiculous it sounds.
  • Options
    The snorting noise Danny Mills makes before answering any question he’s asked on the radio.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Animated / Electronc advertising boards around the pitch doing their best to distract you.

That one with the dog always catches me out! I think to myself "That'll be on question of sport!" Then have to punch myself in the head and call myself stupid....
  • Options
    Animated managers on the side line playing up to the cameras (trying to look as though they are not) - Conte and Marino step forward.
  • Options
    Jamie Redknapp keeps banging on about a players low centre of gravity.
  • Options
    the so called "banter" by club official twitter accounts, them cnuts from croydon and leicester this week.

very sad.
  • Options
    the premier league in general and the marketing of it;

super sunday featuring a mouthwatering clash between brighton and burnley.

• Options
    Commentators & pundits who say 'he's got great feet for a big man'

Of course he has. He's a professional footballer for christ sake
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Players wearing gloves in September
  • Options
    Scoham said:

"False nine" and similar terms. The lower the league being discussed the more ridiculous it sounds.

This. 100%.
  • Options
    Teams wearing an away/third strip when there is absolutely no need.

Home kit should be worn unless there is a clash.

e.g. I was watching Napoli v Juventus recently - Napoli were wearing their dark away kit at home (no idea why), which in turn meant that Juventus had to change, so neither team was wearing their home colours (which seemed a particular shame given the famous blue of Napoli and the Juventus stripes!)
  • Options
    Football 'hipsters' Giroud, Bruno and the rest, just do one you pinned

Sky hyping super duper derby super Sunday for weeks beforehand. They did a feature on the countries not showing it, North Korea, Cuba and Moldova, but fail to mention that the citizens have more pressing matters to worry about than Guardiola mourinho handbags
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Choreographed goal celebrations
  • Options

The nonsensical rule that a player who's been treated for an injury has to go off the pitch after they've been treated!

It doesn't save time, and penalises the team with the injured player, when they might have a dangerous situation

It started at the World cup in the USA & was supposed to speed things up. At the time an injured player was put immediately on a stretcher/buggy & taken off the pitch to be treated. The match would then re-start with the player being treated off the pitch & then let-on again once as per usual. No time wasting & no real need for added time. But some clever dick at FIFA or wherever decided to change it & cock it up.

• Options

Players who get away with shepherding the ball out of play (especially defenders manipulating for a goal kick), and deliberately preventing an opponent from playing the ball......any other place on the pitch and the ref would blow up for blatant obstruction?
    Never understood how this anomaly has been allowed over many many years to develop and is now considered the norm?
    IMHO it’s obstruction, pure and simple.

My father in law does some refereeing and says he always gives a free kick for obstruction - says the defenders soon learn the lesson.
  • Options
    Another one they introduced to speed up the game was to take goal kicks from either side irrespective of where it went out.

It's just used as another time wasting method.
  • Options
    Spankie said:

Players wearing gloves in September

You’re being a bit unfair on goalkeepers.
  • Options
    The Premier League anthem, and how we had to cut short the RRR to play it before matches

Obviously not a problem for us at the moment...
  • Options
    Skys synthetic derbies - my Wycombe mate goes potty when they talk about the M40 derby with Oxford,
  • Options
    Stig said:

Skys synthetic derbies - my Wycombe mate goes potty when they talk about the M40 derby with Oxford,

It’s not as big at the M6 Derby....Birmingham v Carlisle
    Or the US channel that reported on The Battle of the Two Wests, Ham and Brom. Could only been better if they'd said Fred and John.
    Fred West against a tin of Tuna - the most one sided Derby ever.