Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football annoyances

Comments

• It doesn't bother me in the slightest, but if I was a Wolves fan I'd be really pissed off at having this in my high street.
  • The constant appealing for throw-ins and corners. Players will pretty much lace one into the stands and still put their hand in the air claiming it. Winds me right up.
  • edited December 2017
    Croydon said:

Sky's Deadline Day nonsense and all the yellow tie wankery that goes with it.

Jim White pretending to read texts with inside knowledge does my nut.

All jokes aside, the fact that Deadline Day is some sort of media spectacle is something that is actually severely hurting the game now - especially with clubs like PSG and Real Madrid willing to overpay purely to 'make a statement' and generate publicity.
  • Cheerleaders
  • Flying eagles around the ground before the match...........wtf ?? How do they get licencing for that ?? Its not called a bird of prey for nothing.
  • Man City and More importantly slaphead mr cool guardiola - of course your doing well you have spent just over 158 million so far this season!.
  • Allowing top 10 global clubs like PSG to blatently break FFP rules and then giving transfer bans to poor clubs that spend too much on transfers.
  • Flying eagles around the ground before the match...........wtf ?? How do they get licencing for that ?? Its not called a bird of prey for nothing.

They're not eagles they're pigeons, no bird of prey in their right mind would dare enter the ultras cauldron.

They're called the Eagles after the success in the 80s of nerd icon Eddie the Eagle, their casuals shunned Fila and Adidas in favour of salopettes and national health specs. Wolves had the tubeway army, Chelsea the headhunters and Palace looked like the Proclaimers. © Wikipedia

• cabbles said:

iaitch said:

And it's been his dream to play for Stoke since he was born.

yes! With some quote like

"It has been the dream since I was a boy, to play for the red and white stripes of the potters. The glory of the champions of Staffordshire, I will make great memories"
    But you know he's talking crap when he says he wants to play alongside Stanley Matthews.
  • Any club, anywhere in the world that draws the majority of it's support from outside it's natural catchment area.

Anybody who agrees with that statement when it is domestic football, then wets their knickers over going to watch Barcelona or Bayern Munich when they are abroad.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who "support" big clubs from foreign countries. Not immigrants who actually live there, and happen to find their local team is Juventus, or those that occasionally journey abroad to watch a lower division side. But the cockwombles you sometimes see interviewed at Heathrow on their way to Real Madrid where they have a season ticket.
  • Irish people who hate England, but "support" Manchester Utd or Liverpool...
  • People who knock Sky showing Brighton v Burnley, but had no problem when they showed Charlton v Blackburn... :wink:
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Irish people who hate England, but "support" Manchester Utd or Liverpool...

get this over in cork one time, there was a man united pub and i mean packed for man u vs norwich.
  • People who "support" big clubs from foreign countries. Not immigrants who actually live there, and happen to find their local team is Juventus, or those that occasionally journey abroad to watch a lower division side. But the cockwombles you sometimes see interviewed at Heathrow on their way to Real Madrid where they have a season ticket.

Football tourists? They often ask 'oh Charlton, I remember them, what league are you in at the moment?' '3rd division but we'll go up once our forwards stop scoring own goals'

Irish people who hate England, but "support" Manchester Utd or Liverpool...

That only came about because of John Aldridge from Galway and Roy Keane played for Man U, became a hero in Ireland after he walked out of the World Cup calling Mick McCarthy a big nosed English fecker.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo

How can you not like him? he's humble and modest and understands it's a team game when he doesn't get the ball. The people of Funchal love him so much they've put a statue of him on the hill

• Man City and More importantly slaphead mr cool guardiola - of course your doing well you have spent just over 158 million so far this season!.

As an extension of this, the reaction to any complaints about stolen Russian cash or oppressive regime oil money - "Oh not that again," as if someone daring to repeat the charge is the problem.

Even on The Guardian football podcast they refuse to discuss it, as if it's irrelevant, and just something bitter people say about Man City.

I may be bitter but that doesn't make me wrong.
  • cabbles said:

iaitch said:

"It has been the dream since I was a boy, to play for the red and white stripes of the potters. The glory of the champions of Staffordshire, I will make great memories"
    Haha...reminds me of when obi Mikel signed for Man Utd "by mistake"! Of course, it had always been his "dream" to play for Chelsea...hmmm.
  • YTS1978 said:

cabbles said:

iaitch said:

Haha...reminds me of when obi Mikel signed for Man Utd "by mistake"! Of course, it had always been his "dream" to play for Chelsea...hmmm.
    It was also Allan Simmonsens dream to play in London for the team near the Thames, poor bastard.

Djimi Traore always dreamt of playing for the Kent Senior Cup champions who played in red, but Welling turned him down. Iain Dowie signed him for us when he was clearly shit.
  • When Mascherano (sp) left West Ham for Liverpool wasn't he quoted as saying he always wanted to play for the Red Devils.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1) People who say "British managers never get a chance." They do. They're largely shit.

2) People who complain about players wearing gloves.

3) People who criticize zonal marking because they don't understand it and for pundits, they like man-to-man because then they have one person to blame.

4) People who think football has only two formations: 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 and the rest are nonsense.

5) The words "passion," "desire," and the like.

6) Supporters who boo when a team retains possession.

7) The phrase "back in my day"

8) Anyone who talks about how "you can't tackle anymore."
  • edited December 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo

How can you not like him? he's humble and modest and understands it's a team game when he doesn't get the ball. The people of Funchal love him so much they've put a statue of Niall Quinn on the hill

Fixed it for you
  • Foul throws, how can a professional footballer not take a throw in?

Referees that ignore foul throws.
  • I hated when pep Guardiola got really angry when he celebrated when City scored the winner against Saints and then went on to criticise the club and their players for parking the bus.... Yeah how dare there whole team that costs less than John fucking Stones defend a well earned points against a bunch of world beaters......
  • Obstructing players to let the ball run out of play. Blocking players off is a foul in the middle of the pitch, why not at the edge?
    If you've played the ball, you can shield it; if you haven't you can't. If obstruction by the the touchline is to be tolerated then why not booting the obstructor up in the air? That'd stop it.

Numpty spectators who yell 'foul throw' anytime the opposition's restart looks a bit odd - the rules were relaxed ages ago about letting it go from two hands behind your head. So long as it's in 2 hands and the throw sort of starts from head height it's all good, let's get on with the game.
  • edited December 2017
    SDAddick said:

1) People who say "British managers never get a chance." They do. They're largely shit.

2) People who complain about players wearing gloves.

3) People who criticize zonal marking because they don't understand it and for pundits, they like man-to-man because then they have one person to blame.

4) People who think football has only two formations: 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 and the rest are nonsense.

5) The words "passion," "desire," and the like.

6) Supporters who boo when a team retains possession.

7) The phrase "back in my day"

8) Anyone who talks about how "you can't tackle anymore."

Well. I'm one of those people so you'd better explain it to me. As I see it, the defender has a "zone" for which he is responsible for & when an opposition player enters that "zone" it is down to him to pick up that player & defend.

Only problem is that players move & zones don't. If you have 4 defenders covering 4 "zones", but the opposition only go into 1 of the zones, then you have 1 defender needing to mark 4 attackers...........how does that work ? Simply it doesn't & you only need to look at Liverpool for proof.
  • Obstructing players to let the ball run out of play. Blocking players off is a foul in the middle of the pitch, why not at the edge?
    If you've played the ball, you can shield it; if you haven't you can't.

This.

Also, defenders never getting pulled up for diving - the number of times you will see one go down from the slightest touch from behind by a forward, especially if chasing down a ball into their defensive corner, and they are always awarded a free kick. If you see the same incident at the other end where the forward goes down under light contact from a defender you are much more likely to see it waved away by the ref.

• Not going to read the whole thread but judging by the title maybe this picture is appropriate?

#smallwall

• Opposing teams fans coming on other teams forums.

;0)