Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn - Post Match Views

Another Saturday, another defeat. Starting to get a bit regular this.

Will be good to try and keep this thread loosely based to thoughts on the match. I’ll start another one on the general downturn if you want to comment on that

Comments

• Options
    God I hate league 1
  • Options
    But we deserve to be here. Magennis is shocking.
  • Options
    60% possession

11 shots/ 5 on target

And yet Blackburn only had 2 shots on target - yet scored 2 goals (including the og)

No point dominating play if you can't put the ball in the net.

• Options
    My prediction on the preview thread was
    2-0 to Blackburn

We'll defend valiantly, but concede an unlucky goal, then a second as we go for the equaliser
    Sounds about right...
  • Options
    Expected a defeat, so the pain isn't as bad.

Worrying that we didn't score again, 3 defeats in 4 matches with no goals scored.

Worrying times for us I think
  • Options
    General downturn - it's maybe one or two games early for that. This is our second hardest fixture of the season on paper and we did ok in the second half. A couple of players are really letting us down though
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Last 15 matches in League One...

16 total goals
    Scored only 1 goal in 5 matches
    Scored no goals in 5 matches

In 2/3 of our matches in the last three months, we have scored 1 or 0. Ain't making the playoffs like that!

BTW, Palace have scored 16 goals in their last 12 matches.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Will the dreaded 'R' word feature in @oohaahmortimer 's percentages?

For me it's 7th to 12th or 13th to 20th now.

Our limitations have been exposed.

• Options
    KAG and RHF both put the ball in the net recently

Let’s play Magennis again, the least effective striker the club has had since Pawel Abbott
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do Magennis and Best know which goal to score in?
  • Options
    Wheels have come off, unless we get in some re-enforcements in January, another season in League 1 beacons.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Will the dreaded 'R' word feature in at @oohaahmortimer 's percentages?

Top four / five places are assured... I still fail to see who that 6th placed team will be (Not straight away thinking it might be us)

The biggest irony is everyone has been waiting for Shrewsbury to implode yet they havent and its apparently one of the biggest budget sides at this level that have

Money counts for squat outside the Premier League!! - You need talent ALONG WITH guts | determination not just the former!!
  • Options
    I never saw that coming, a defeat at Blackburn in December.
    We are so predictable I should be able to earn a living betting on us.
  • Options
    Our league standing will be telling in the next two weeks with 4 quick games coming up.Either we get back in it or slide down into league one purgatory.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Going further, if we fail to go up, how many of the decent players we have will want to stay next season?

This'll only start to concern me if Roland is still here come May!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once we get our new goal scoring in form strikers through the door all will be well.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Our league standing will be telling in the next two weeks with 4 quick games coming up.Either we get back in it or slide down into league one purgatory.

Next week against Blackpool is a must win match. Their form is as bad as ours
  • Options
    Groundhog day again.
    Unless we sign someone to convert the chances we are creating nothing will change
  • Options
    Fair play to anyone who went, I was hopeful when I saw Pearce in the team but it wasn't to be. We turned it round after a stumble in September but it's looking pretty jaded st the moment.
  • Options

Most if not all of our problems stem from Robinson. Now his weaknesses are really starting to show.

In the summer he decided that his limited transfer budget would be solely spent on midfield players. He brought. In Marshall, Reeves, Clarke and Fosu.

Importantly despite virtually every fan knowing that we were chronically short of Strikers, Robinson decided that Magennis and Lee. Novak would be our forwards.
    However at 5.00pm on transfer deadline day he allows Novak to leave and join Scunthorpe, without having a replacement for him in place.
    At 10.00pm he signs Dodoo who must rank as one of the worst players ever to pull on a Charlton shirt,
    We are in crisis and cannot score goals but Dodoo is so bad that hasn’t appeared on the pitch for weeks.

Now for Reeves.
    Today 1 week from Christmas is the first time this season that Reeves has completed 90 minutes on the pitch. What a waste of money he has been.

A lack of a plan B, I could go on and on.

In my opinion Robinson has taken this team as far as he can and although I don’t like to keep changing managers iI think it is now time for Robinson to go.

With this clown in charge we are fucked!

Like I said, I've seen better managers sucking on a slug pellet.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Will the dreaded 'R' word feature in @oohaahmortimer 's percentages?

The dreaded "R" word being Robinson? Too much reward for failure in football.
  • Options
    With the return of Holmes and Fosu and Co hopefully by next week it will be telling if we are going to be serious about making a run for it.