Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackburn - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    We definitely have to strengthen the front line in January.
  • Options

With the return of Holmes and Fosu and Co hopefully by next week it will be telling if we are going to be serious about making a run for it.

Holmes for the elderly?
  • Options

We're really struggling to create chances because the build up is too slow, the support isn't there and we overplay it.

This.

We do overplay it, the slow build up is allowing teams to get back behind the ball.
    Then we can't penetrate behind packed defences.

• Options
    Guys guys, it's only one game. There's another one next week, lets forget the football c'mon lets grab a beer & go have a dance off in the club.
  • Options
    Worth remembering that Rovers played on Wednesday. We had a whole week to prepare for this. Some saying Rovers were poor but we still didn’t even score. This expansive game isn’t delivering goals. Magennis again on for the whole game. Why?
  • Options

Groundhog day again.
    Unless we sign someone to convert the chances we are creating nothing will change

What chances?
  • Options

With the return of Holmes and Fosu and Co hopefully by next week it will be telling if we are going to be serious about making a run for it.

Kashi is the bigger loss. Aribo isn't an adequate replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Groundhog day again.
    Unless we sign someone to convert the chances we are creating nothing will change

What chances?
    We had chances today we also had chances at Scunthorpe and Wimbledon I know because I was there
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Groundhog day again.

What chances?
    We had chances today we also had chances at Scunthorpe and Wimbledon I know because I was there
    Blink and you missed them. Only clear cut one we had was Reeves.

I was also at all three games and we're really struggling to create chances. That's a bigger problem in my opinion.
  • Options

Millwall won, Palace won - and Charlton lost.

Seems like another typical weekend.
    Where's OoAah when you need him?

• Options
    Boringly predictable.
  • Options
    Fosu, missing his youth and goals, seemed to give Holmes more space
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Where you drinking tonight lads?
  • Options
    Everything will be better once Lookman and Cousins are fit. Oh, wait, sorry I forgot.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

its not one game though is it @charltonbob its six now and counting

Maybe I should have put a smiley thing after my post ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Noticed that Kashi and Fosu have gone from missing one game to: "We hope to have them back by Southend with Fosu taking longer"
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So disappointing today. Magennis was a nightmare, his confidence is shot. Supposed to be a target man, are you having a laugh?! Second half was promising but no end product. If I’m honest I didn’t even stay till the whistle, their last goal was enough for me.
  • Options
    Bought 2 half season tickets yesterday . WTF .
  • Options
    Difficult run of fixtures shows how poor we are .
  • Options
    It’s the Zabeel effect all over again.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It was a poor game. We were listless and didn't seem to have any tactics in the 1st half. We gifted them a goal and offered nothing up front.

The second half we only looked better because Blackburn sat back and gave us time on the ball. I missed a few minutes but I don't believe those stats posted - we had 1 lame shot on target. 2-0 was a little harsh but the 2nd goal wasn't a surprise.

It's been an expensive day out but we met some oddly nice locals. We got shown some local pubs before the game, wished well, then met some new friends on the way back to Preston. I've been here before but I've found it a lot more welcoming than Burnley, Bolton etc.