Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Elon pumping cumrocket on twitter. Wish I'd bought more during the recent dip 
  • Options
    Went into some shop in Greenwich market today and they accepted Bitcoin as payment.  I know the echo chamber in Miami is going on currently, but I’m reading more and more about institutions throwing their hat in the ring.  Norton security software is allowing you to passively mine Eth, taking 15% of whatever you mine and is put into the wallet they create for you.  Ignoring their terms, it’s another example of a large company throwing some sort of skin in the game.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Went into some shop in Greenwich market today and they accepted Bitcoin as payment.  I know the echo chamber in Miami is going on currently, but I’m reading more and more about institutions throwing their hat in the ring.  Norton security software is allowing you to passively mine Eth, taking 15% of whatever you mine and is put into the wallet they create for you.  Ignoring their terms, it’s another example of a large company throwing some sort of skin in the game.  
    What would be the benefit of paying for items using bitcoin?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    cabbles said:
    I wouldn’t equate a benefit to it at this point, just pointing out that a shop was willing to accept it as currency.  I know some companies have stated their willing to accept it as payment, but it was the first time I’d seen it as an accepted form of payment in a normal shop
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    PopIcon said:
    cabbles said:
    I wouldn’t equate a benefit to it at this point, just pointing out that a shop was willing to accept it as currency.  I know some companies have stated their willing to accept it as payment, but it was the first time I’d seen it as an accepted form of payment in a normal shop
    Strange that a shop would accept Bitcoin, all at a point when the crypto market is so chaotic. When it gets to the end of the month when staff get paid they could be way up or down. 
  • Options
    I would imagine they must be converting a large percentage of it to fiat immediately to mitigate those risks?
  • Options
    Saw the Winklevoss Twins talking at the btc convention, saying they are going to hodl for 10 years by which time they expect btc to be worth 500k a coin. If you look up Tim Dillon on youtube, he was interviewing them at the weekend and they explain the logic. 
  • Options
    Nice little article explaining just how undervalued ZIL is compared to ETH & ADA.

Will sharding ever come through with Ethereum and Cardano as it has for Zilliqa? (publish0x.com)
  • Options
    ADA is still undervalued long term, whether it gets that high in this cycle or the next
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel that the whole of Crypto is being questioned currently?

If the big 2 are not sustainable (not saying they are not) then how will the whole of the alt coin market be sustainable / justifiable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    reserves said:
    Does anyone else feel that the whole of Crypto is being questioned currently?

If the big 2 are not sustainable (not saying they are not) then how will the whole of the alt coin market be sustainable / justifiable?
    I doubt Bitcoin will ever change to make it more environmentally friendly but at the same time, it has been blown out of proportion. It's bad but not at the levels that have been reported. Despite what I'm going to say, BTC will likely remain king.

ETH has some major upgrades coming that should help. When that might be, who knows. They are notorious for development delays. Current estimates for them making use of sharding is next year but given their history, can't see it myself.

As the article I posted above mentions, ZIL uses less than 0.01% of the energy ETH does for mining. Transactions & fees are quicker and lower. As the space matures, a lot of those that are first to market will eventually disappear unless they undergo massive development changes in the way they work. When it comes to technology, in the end, the best will eventually come out on top and there are plenty of better alternatives out there to ETH.
  • Options
    I'm stupidly back in at 35.5k - lets watch it plummet! This time have set a small profit target of 3% so out at around 36.5k, hopefully soon!
  • Options
    Think it might be being pushed down again
  • Options
    El Salvador and Paraguay won’t be happy 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm stupidly back in at 35.5k - lets watch it plummet! This time have set a small profit target of 3% so out at around 36.5k, hopefully soon!
    So allowing for costs to buy and again to sell, to make 3% 'profit' after costs, you'd actually need BTC to gain 10%, correct?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    So allowing for costs to buy and again to sell, to make 3% 'profit' after costs, you'd actually need BTC to gain 10%, correct?
    I also bought in yesterday, although was at £25,850 so now at £23,800. Joy!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I also bought in yesterday, although was at £25,850 so now at £23,800. Joy!
    Just accept that we’re in a bear market for now and any investment is something you might not see a return on for a while.  
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.
    Ahh. Which trading platform do you use. I'm using Coinbase which charges around 4% to buy and 3% to sell, thus 7% is needed to break even. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.
    Ahh. Which trading platform do you use. I'm using Coinbase which charges around 4% to buy and 3% to sell, thus 7% is needed to break even. 
    Whoa really? I haven’t used coinbase in forever, use something like Binance or FTX. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.
    Whoa really? I haven’t used coinbase in forever, use something like Binance or FTX. 
    Yeah I longed of coinbase (even though I liked the UI) because these fees were pretty grim. 

Binance is clunky, and it's not exactly super cheap. But it's a little better 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.
    Yeah I longed of coinbase (even though I liked the UI) because these fees were pretty grim. 

Ftx’s UI is much better imo. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    No, no costs.

Ftx’s UI is much better imo. 
    I've never actually used it will have to check it out.
  • Options
    How far do we think Bitcoin will drop? I've seen 29k mentioned 
  • Options
    Possibly lower.  I bought in at $49k so I am nursing some losses, but I will not be selling, even if it goes down to $20k.  There's a reason all these South American countries are talking about it having a role as part of their currency, and a large part of that is so they can't be manipulated and controlled by the U.S and the dollar.  It will take time, crypto will come under further attempts to disrupt it, but if you buy and hold, then I truly believe you will make money off of any investment.  

• Options
    lowest we'll go in the bear cycle will be 8k. In the meantime i might read up on market structures etc, and start buying stablecoin and putting it on lending platforms. 
  • Options
    we're gonna go down to 30-29k, bounce back up and range between 29k-36k and then go down to 20k imo. 
  • Options
    Little bounce today.  
  • Options
    Wyckoff spring?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Anyone looked into mining HNT? Looks like a 6 month wait for the rigs to be delivered, only one i can find that have them "in stock" is a 20 week wait and you have to pay in usdc lol.