Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Still got a fair chunk in ZIL. 😳
  • Options
    nice little rally atm. BTC and ETH especially doing well. Made a bit of money buying call options on these
  • Options
    Bull trap
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bull trap
    for sure, but I think we'll go higher than bears would be comfortable with.
  • Options
    Rylo said:
    Still got a fair chunk in ZIL. 😳
    You're fine, not a dead duck yet.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bull trap
    Starting to feel more like the early stages of the next bull run.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bull trap
    Starting to feel more like the early stages of the next bull run.
    think we get a pullback soon, personally. If not to trap more bears.
  • Options
    To many external issues out there for this to be the next bull run I expect. Probably some manipulation from institutional investors before I big pullback.

Least it’s nice to see my portfolio almost at parity, and gives me hope for gains if we hit ATH again.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    To many external issues out there for this to be the next bull run I expect. Probably some manipulation from institutional investors before I big pullback.

Least it’s nice to see my portfolio almost at parity, and gives me hope for gains if we hit ATH again.
    doubtful, just no one left to sell. late shorts get squeezed, price goes up and up until there runs out of buyers, longs get trapped and then price capitulates, which is when the bull run can begin. 
  • Options
    Still some volatility in the market with fringe Coins going up 30-40% in a day then dropping off. Bitcoin and Etherium seem to be stable ish after a rise over the last week. Wondering whether its worth a punt yet?
    I'm hovering at around 40-45% value to investment.  Much better than it looked a month ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mini alt seasons incoming. bitcoin dominance plummeting whilst alts look primed for pump. 
  • Options
    You guys must all be so rich.

Any chance of you coming together to buy the club?
  • Options
    Gone all in on CRV. SL at 0.8, TP at 1.6. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I guess I should take that as a "no" then.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

I've got enough to sell and join the Texans...Does that count?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

I've got enough to sell and join the Texans...Does that count?
    Go for it mate. Then perhaps as an investor you can let us all have a butchers at this mysterious prospectus that's evidently been doing the rounds.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Give me 2 years. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Give me 2 years. 
    To get the money together for this

cafcfan said:

• Options
    Not sure if it has anything to do with anything here, but the Bank of England is looking at central bank digital currency (CBDC).

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/explainers/what-is-a-central-bank-digital-currency
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if it has anything to do with anything here, but the Bank of England is looking at central bank digital currency (CBDC).

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/explainers/what-is-a-central-bank-digital-currency
    yep, very interesting. 
  • Options
    From the Standard 7/2/23

• Options
    edited February 2023
    UST and terra failed because it was clearly a terrible idea - algorithmic stablecoins imo don't work. You need it backed 1:1. The advantages of stablecoin pools are many. It's at least good that the BoE is starting to take it seriously.
  • Options
    Fair enough, I have no knowledge of these products.  I heard about the Bank of England's plans on 'Wake up to money'.

The feature starts on 31 minutes 30 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hw80
  • Options
    I dip into this thread from time to time a bit like an American watching cricket - bemused.  

I get why digital currency could replace physical coinage and paper, but can’t see how it can work if the currency value is linked to the outcome of a game able to be run by fraudsters with rules that no fully one understands. Its only purpose seems as a medium for gambling, same as Bingo.

Token value is engineered by nothing other than random volatility dictated by unpredictable, and frequently irrational, behaviour of buyers and sellers.  The pseudo rationality of views on market movements being given by those ITK generates spectator participation, but I think they all know it's just so much bullish*t. 

I imagine the B of E are trying to see if they can invent a game of digital currency where they write the rules and act as umpire to control volatility and mirror fiat currency behaviours. The value would be, as now, relative to what other currencies it can be traded for; and its perceived ability to maintain purchasing power if held as a store of value. it's all about controlling supply.

The article on crypto currency addiction suggests it should be treated like other gambling addictions.  I think it's a little different. One difference is, you don't immediately lose your stake as with other forms of gambling, and your losses are continuously visible until you sell out. In addition, the scale and frequency of high volatility, akin to massive stock market crashes, has the potential to be an ever present fear during every waking hour, not just until the 2.30 at Kempton Park has been run.  

• Options
    I dip into this thread from time to time a bit like an American watching cricket - bemused.  

I get why digital currency could replace physical coinage and paper, but can’t see how it can work if the currency value is linked to the outcome of a game able to be run by fraudsters with rules that no fully one understands. Its only purpose seems as a medium for gambling, same as Bingo.

Token value is engineered by nothing other than random volatility dictated by unpredictable, and frequently irrational, behaviour of buyers and sellers.  The pseudo rationality of views on market movements being given by those ITK generates spectator participation, but I think they all know it's just so much bullish*t. 

I imagine the B of E are trying to see if they can invent a game of digital currency where they write the rules and act as umpire to control volatility and mirror fiat currency behaviours. The value would be, as now, relative to what other currencies it can be traded for; and its perceived ability to maintain purchasing power if held as a store of value. it's all about controlling supply.

The article on crypto currency addiction suggests it should be treated like other gambling addictions.  I think it's a little different. One difference is, you don't immediately lose your stake as with other forms of gambling, and your losses are continuously visible until you sell out. In addition, the scale and frequency of high volatility, akin to massive stock market crashes, has the potential to be an ever present fear during every waking hour, not just until the 2.30 at Kempton Park has been run.  

perhaps, but there's considerable benefits to being able to send cross border payments (near) instantly and cheaply, also benefits for staking in stablecoin pools where you can generate better APY than any bank account i know of and it would be based on real usage not based off speculative investments by your bank. If that was backed by BoE that would come with considerable advantages. There'd also be considerable arbitrage opportunities at the beginning of each week, you'd be able to buy digital £ with a digital $, redeem for real £ and sell back to dollars. 
  • Options

perhaps, but there's considerable benefits to being able to send cross border payments (near) instantly and cheaply, also benefits for staking in stablecoin pools where you can generate better APY than any bank account i know of and it would be based on real usage not based off speculative investments by your bank. If that was backed by BoE that would come with considerable advantages. There'd also be considerable arbitrage opportunities at the beginning of each week, you'd be able to buy digital £ with a digital $, redeem for real £ and sell back to dollars. 
    Particularly for those money laundering. 
  • Options

the problem with this line of argument is they would then fail AML checks, so would be unable to launder it in any true sense. Also, if i was laundering money, I wouldn't use a public, easily accessible ledger to do it!
  • Options
    edited February 2023

the problem with this line of argument is they would then fail AML checks, so would be unable to launder it in any true sense. Also, if i was laundering money, I wouldn't use a public, easily accessible ledger to do it!
    And yet people do!

my point as much though is that international payments already work well and aren’t a barrier  to trade. Of course they can continue to evolve and get better but it isn’t a glaring problem that crypto alone fixes. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

And yet people do!

my point as much though is that international payments already work well and aren’t a barrier  to trade. Of course they can continue to evolve and get better but it isn’t a glaring problem that crypto alone fixes. 
    lol, i suppose if you're happy with western union taking a considerable cut. Many middle class people in africa use USDC as a secondary currency to send between countries. 

re money laundering - citation needed.