Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    If you’re looking to swing trade (buy and sell in a couple of days) now would good be a good time to buy just about any alt imo 
  • Options
    also, VET looks like its gonna pop
  • Options
    whats your thoughts on Etherium KA, does it still have legs?
  • Options
    If you’re looking to swing trade (buy and sell in a couple of days) now would good be a good time to buy just about any alt imo 
    Or maybe not. Charts not looking good imo. Will be a step down before there’s another step up probably. 
  • Options
    Continuing to drop at the moment - just seems to be the pattern.  I’m holding for the long term, hoping btc eventually hits $40k plus 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Continuing to drop at the moment - just seems to be the pattern.  I’m holding for the long term, hoping btc eventually hits $40k plus 
    either a bear trap ready for take off or the beginning of the end of the bull run. Thinking the former is more likely.
  • Options
    I can’t see it being the end given how many institutional investors are now putting it into their portfolios, but you never know 
  • Options
    This is what confuses me, or stops me investing to any magnitude. 2 weeks ago it was over 41k now heading for 30k! Theres a lot to be made or lost that's for sure.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    This is what confuses me, or stops me investing to any magnitude. 2 weeks ago it was over 41k now heading for 30k! Theres a lot to be made or lost that's for sure.
    Just before Christmas is was in the low 20k’s ... there’s plenty off action !!
  • Options
    The serious doubt surrounding crypto "currency" for me is government acceptance and approval as that is what they will ultimately need if they are to become mainstream. Bitcoin has the approval if not the regulation as yet.
    These projects (most of which are not currency in the true sense of the word) will need governments to understand the implications on the financial sector combined with tight regulation if approved for them to start to ignite......... the bankers, who will be the main revenue losers should some of the many projects kick off in earnest, have plenty of friends in government and that is what will ultimately hold them back or let them fly. Until that becomes clear this space will continue with huge volatility IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not investing it's gambling (at present).
    As long as everyone is aware that they are gambling then that's great.
    As always, my concern is for the naive.
    I have no wish to discourage the clued up and wish them the best.
  • Options
    Any form of investment is gambling. There’s no difference.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    Trust me, having been in the financial sector all my life and a financial adviser for10 years, there is a vast difference and you couldn't be more wrong and it's people like you that I'm concerned for if you think investing is gambling.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Trust me, having been in the financial sector all my life and a financial adviser for10 years, there is a vast difference and you couldn't be more wrong and it's people like you that I'm concerned for if you think investing is gambling.
    Maybe I wasn’t clear. Yes there are massive differences between cryptos and anything else you could wish to invest in, but gambling is ‘taking risky action...’. Every time you invest in anything you take a risk (whether high or low). If there was no risk and guaranteed profit to be made then no one would ever lose money from investments. Thanks for the concern btw but I’m fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It's not investing it's gambling (at present).
    As long as everyone is aware that they are gambling then that's great.
    As always, my concern is for the naive.
    I have no wish to discourage the clued up and wish them the best.
    No different in terms of risk to certain types of exotic options or many other complex derivative products (investment products) that have higher risk & reward attached to them. Anyone who thinks cryptos are a safe investment obviously doesn't understand the underlying risks involved and if they are not aware of those risks or how to calculate them, then shouldn't be investing in them, unless they are prepared for the worse case scenario whereby, very quickly they could lose the lot! 

Cryptos are by definition investment products and not gambling. Investors are buying the product in the hope that the theories and future use of those products get over all of the hurdles required and that the positive benefits of those products come to fruition and their investment is rewarded by the future value.

The difference between investing and gambling is a bit grey, but investing in Crypto currencies is no different than someone puting a few thousand into a start up business which ultimately may fail............... or could make them millions.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I know at least four people who have lots vast amounts of money through poor advice given by financial advisors. These were both high an low risk investments. Stocks and shares as well as property.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Per se, all investment is gambling... If you take the advice of a financial adviser you are consulting an expert before gambling. Starlizard turn over hundreds of millions a year in sports betting... It's educated betting, as is consulting a financial advisor before investing. Uneducatedly punting cryptos is more "socially acceptable" than doing the same with stocks and punting football bets is just a step further down that line, although there is just more left to chance and less statistical info readily available on that front . 
  • Options
    Bitcoin 29k ish utter filth 
  • Options
    The ethereum chart is practically copying what happened three years ago. Doesn't augur well.
  • Options
    Bitcoins just shy of 32k , proper action 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ethereum chart is practically copying what happened three years ago. Doesn't augur well.
    it's mirroring the first 20% correction in the 2017 bullrun, there were 3 or 4 of those. I'm thinking btc goes down to 26-28k and starts heading back up, seems to be the verdict of onchain analysists i follow. They've been spot on so far. I would sit tight in stablecoin right now either way.
  • Options
    trading with leverage is gambling - house (the exchange) always wins. trade in spot with stops and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Agreed, just sit tight. 
  • Options
    Still waiting for my coinbase account to be approved. Taken over two weeks.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    That’s ridiculous! I did mine in a couple of hours. Hope it’s sorted soon. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    today's candle's looking very strong. Dead cat bounce or bottom hit?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Mine took three.  Ended up emailing them as a gentle reminder! 
  • Options
    Buying ETH, gone past 50 on the RSI 4hr chart, other indicators look good. Gonna outperform BTC from here on I reckon. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Mine took three.  Ended up emailing them as a gentle reminder! 
    This is what I done, emailed yesterday.
  • Options
    Buying ETH, gone past 50 on the RSI 4hr chart, other indicators look good. Gonna outperform BTC from here on I reckon. 

I could have sold you mine.

I made the decision to recoup my initial investment in cryptos (around USD2,000), keep the profit invested (around USD500), and just forget about it for the foreseeable future.