Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

ETH is looking very similar, hoping for a pump on both
  • Options
    Have a look at RAMP.

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

ETH is looking very similar, hoping for a pump on both
    so btc decides to dump and take everything with it instead

• Options
    Big drop overnight. 
  • Options
    Think il be topping up on zil today 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Big drop overnight. 
    Yeah it started dropping late yesterday.
  • Options
    Yeeeesh, glad I like to be in tether when I go to bed, I place a couple of very low bids that sometimes catch so I wake up in profit but have an aggressive stop - they were hit last night. Time to buy then lol 
  • Options
    thinking of posting this thread in the "Scams" thread. wtf bitcoin y u no go up
  • Options
    Zil still dropping..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve managed to get a decent(ish) profit from my first dabble into this, it could’ve been more had I held onto it when it went up to $40k, but I’m happy,  

It’s all so fascinating really as now I’m thinking buy, but what if it continues to drop?  I wonder if it will level out at a certain point....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    shine166 said:
    Zil still dropping..
    basically at HTF support now, if that breaks its fucked. Either way i'm not gonna catch any falling knives. No crypto for a couple of days methinks
  • Options
    always the way, Bitcoin coughs everyone else gets COVID, just ride this out is my advice
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Zil still dropping..
    basically at HTF support now, if that breaks its fucked. Either way i'm not gonna catch any falling knives. No crypto for a couple of days methinks
    Yeah im certainly glad I didn't jump on again earlier today. Might have another nibble in a few days and then look away for a while. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Zil still dropping..
    This carries on for another day or so and it'll be top up time!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I’ve managed to get a decent(ish) profit from my first dabble into this, it could’ve been more had I held onto it when it went up to $40k, but I’m happy,  

It’s all so fascinating really as now I’m thinking buy, but what if it continues to drop?  I wonder if it will level out at a certain point....
    you should be thinking buy, but wait for "confirmation", ie the price stabilising and then starting to move back up. Otherwise you're possibly "catching a falling knife" - buying something when its still got further to fall or buying a dead cat bounce - when the price goes back up slightly as a correction and then continues to go down.
  • Options
    imo ZIL wont drop any lower than this imo, hopefully will stabilise and start going up
  • Options
    cabbles said:

you should be thinking buy, but wait for "confirmation", ie the price stabilising and then starting to move back up. Otherwise you're possibly "catching a falling knife" - buying something when its still got further to fall or buying a dead cat bounce - when the price goes back up slightly as a correction and then continues to go down.
    This is what I’m wrestling with.  It went down to $30k at one point today, now back up at $32.  Such a head ****
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Exactly, it was going up too fast - I was expecting a dip around 25k and never got it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back up they go 
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Back up they go 
    Aye.  Stupidly, I should’ve just held onto what I bought 2 months ago when btc was about $23k.  Instead I sold it for cash on Coinbase, then on Sunday when I saw it had stabilized, went back to buy again, but that was at about $40k.  Cost me half my profit but a lesson learned.  I’ve bought some again (last night) at $34 odd, and am just going to hold onto it now

Because I made some money I think I was trying to crystalize that and say, there’s the profit in pounds, without understanding what that meant for going back in and reinvesting.  If I had just left it all I would be better off.  Oh well, learning more and more with this stuff.  
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Glovepup said:
    Back up they go 
    Aye.  Stupidly, I should’ve just held onto what I bought 2 months ago when btc was about $23k.  Instead I sold it for cash on Coinbase, then on Sunday when I saw it had stabilized, went back to buy again, but that was at about $40k.  Cost me half my profit but a lesson learned.  I’ve bought some again (last night) at $34 odd, and am just going to hold onto it now

Because I made some money I think I was trying to crystalize that and say, there’s the profit in pounds, without understanding what that meant for going back in and reinvesting.  If I had just left it all I would be better off.  Oh well, learning more and more with this stuff.  
    I hear ya, it sometimes tough to know what to do. But in the long term it’s normally best to hold, crypto normally bounces back. 

I didn’t buy in the dip, I just decided to hold what I have as I didn’t want to put any more cash in this month. 
  • Options
    I think I will just hold now.  Fortunately in the black on what I invested and as it’s so volatile you just don’t know.

eth shot back up 10% overnight as well 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cabbles said:
    I think I will just hold now.  Fortunately in the black on what I invested and as it’s so volatile you just don’t know.

eth shot back up 10% overnight as well 
    It did, I'm currently about £200 off where it was before the dip, like yourself I was still in the black. I'm still new to this, so not gone crazy! I ain't got crazy money to lose. 
  • Options
    I'm still massively up on my investments, 3x up on Ada even with the drop over the last few days, bit down on my Tezos, but I'm long on both, especially Ada as I'll be disappointed if it doesn't end up 10x by the end of this year
  • Options
    My stop got hit on ZIL at 6.50... Managed to get back in at 5.66... Wish I'd had the stop a bit tighter, a bitcoin correction has been overdue a for a while
  • Options
    still looks bullish 
  • Options
    Finally got my Coinbase account approved so going to dip my toe in.  Any recommendations to start with?  Also once bought do I transfer to a Coinbase wallet?  
  • Options
    Finally got my Coinbase account approved so going to dip my toe in.  Any recommendations to start with?  Also once bought do I transfer to a Coinbase wallet?  
    Nothing is a safe bet, but I would start with more stable coins such as Ethereum and Bitcoin. Do a bit of your own research, follow crypto experts on social media.