Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Hello cryptopunters, you are all going to have a good laugh at what's coming, but when you've finished laughing, if anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Back in the Jan 18 hysteria I did dip a toe in, mainly to try and understand more about it, and keep an open mind. I put in only what I could consider as a high risk investment, and put most of it in Vechain, (as it was the one thing that seemed to have some real world business application, even if I was suspicious about what stake I was actually getting in it). To buy it, I followed a process on a website which was ridiculously complicated and made me uneasy that I'd ever work out how to get at my "investment". Unfortunately those fears now seem well founded. But maybe more experienced people can help me get there. 

The site I used for the instructions has completely changed, but Wayback Machine was my friend, so here it is. I lose the trail at MyEtherWallet. I can open my wallet, kept my Keystore file OK, but I can then see no sign of any Vechain (or anything else). The remaining mystery is Binance, it seems I had to use Binance to buy the Vechain, but I have no record of an account there, and when I try to log in with my email address, and see if it allows me a re-set, it fails to send me the 6 figure confirmation to do that (presumably its way of saying, we don't know you). 

Quite happy to go through all this on the thread if anyone cares to help me, as a public warning to other new punters. 

BTW I still kept back some Ethereum (which I had needed to buy, to then buy Vechain) and I can see that in my Coinbase account. 
    Morning PA,

I am kind of going through the same problems. I had two step authorisation set up on my Coinbase account as well as a dedicated encrypted (Protonmail) email address. This all worked great with the pin number being text to my mobile phone.

I retired earlier this year and my phone belonged to the company so I got a new phone in April with a new number. When all the products started to rise I thought I would take a look at my holdings in Coinbase and bingo, I am locked out as my old phone/number is the one registered.

I cannot comment on Binance however on Coinbase I went through the process of logging in and then reached a point where it asked if I no longer had access to either the mobile or email. I have said yes to both and I am now going through the process of adding my new details via a series of security checks.

I am hoping to hear today so I can gain access.

If none of the above helps you I would email customer services on the sites you are having trouble with. 

Not just me then!

I have some ethereum in my ledger wallet, which is no problem, but I also something through KuCoin a short time later. I can't remember what I did and tried to sign in and they requested two-factor authorisation via Google Authenticator. I have no recollection of ever downloading this, let alone keep the key code. So I've had to jump through hoops to try to get my account unlocked, including sending a video of myself with passport in hand and a written dated and signed code reciting some words! Waiting for a response. I thought I bought VeChain but really I'm not 100% certain.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hello cryptopunters, you are all going to have a good laugh at what's coming, but when you've finished laughing, if anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Back in the Jan 18 hysteria I did dip a toe in, mainly to try and understand more about it, and keep an open mind. I put in only what I could consider as a high risk investment, and put most of it in Vechain, (as it was the one thing that seemed to have some real world business application, even if I was suspicious about what stake I was actually getting in it). To buy it, I followed a process on a website which was ridiculously complicated and made me uneasy that I'd ever work out how to get at my "investment". Unfortunately those fears now seem well founded. But maybe more experienced people can help me get there. 

The site I used for the instructions has completely changed, but Wayback Machine was my friend, so here it is. I lose the trail at MyEtherWallet. I can open my wallet, kept my Keystore file OK, but I can then see no sign of any Vechain (or anything else). The remaining mystery is Binance, it seems I had to use Binance to buy the Vechain, but I have no record of an account there, and when I try to log in with my email address, and see if it allows me a re-set, it fails to send me the 6 figure confirmation to do that (presumably its way of saying, we don't know you). 

Quite happy to go through all this on the thread if anyone cares to help me, as a public warning to other new punters. 

BTW I still kept back some Ethereum (which I had needed to buy, to then buy Vechain) and I can see that in my Coinbase account. 
    Morning PA,

I am kind of going through the same problems. I had two step authorisation set up on my Coinbase account as well as a dedicated encrypted (Protonmail) email address. This all worked great with the pin number being text to my mobile phone.

I retired earlier this year and my phone belonged to the company so I got a new phone in April with a new number. When all the products started to rise I thought I would take a look at my holdings in Coinbase and bingo, I am locked out as my old phone/number is the one registered.

I cannot comment on Binance however on Coinbase I went through the process of logging in and then reached a point where it asked if I no longer had access to either the mobile or email. I have said yes to both and I am now going through the process of adding my new details via a series of security checks.

I am hoping to hear today so I can gain access.

If none of the above helps you I would email customer services on the sites you are having trouble with. 

Not just me then!

I have some ethereum in my ledger wallet, which is no problem, but I also something through KuCoin a short time later. I can't remember what I did and tried to sign in and they requested two-factor authorisation via Google Authenticator. I have no recollection of ever downloading this, let alone keep the key code. So I've had to jump through hoops to try to get my account unlocked, including sending a video of myself with passport in hand and a written dated and signed code reciting some words! Waiting for a response. I thought I bought VeChain but really I'm not 100% certain.
    Auth code changes every minute, it would have been on your phone for 2FA. I had the same problem with my Kucoin and Houbi accounts

It'll get sorted, but can take a while
  • Options
    Anyone invested in Argo blockchain? 
  • Options
    Never heard of them, a quick Google and I wish I had! 
  • Options
    bitcoin $40,000!
  • Options
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Sick of sitting on the sidelines here... My smallest holding... Selling some zil and going in, this could fly from here from fomo
  • Options
    Well I would if binance wasn't crashing
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Well I would if binance wasn't crashing
    Coinbase the same.
  • Options
    Daarrzzetbum posted on this a while back - I thanked him recently on the investments thread.
    In case it’s more appropriate here,.... 

Cheers Daarrzzetbum,

At one point ARB hit 1.30 today!! Bonkers.

I only had a cheap punt on a 1000 ARB shares at 0.17p and cashed out my original investments worth at the start of this week. Smarts a bit having now missed out on more monster rises, but my remaining total is now 100% pure profit.

How far do you think they might go?
    I guess they effectively track Bitcoin so equally volatile?  Being a ‘mining’ company there might be a bit of ‘lag’ over the currency market and give us a small window to react in? What sort of figures are you aiming/ hoping for?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Sick of sitting on the sidelines here... My smallest holding... Selling some zil and going in, this could fly from here from fomo
    Oooft, hope you didn’t FOMO, just dipped 3.5k in 20 mins! Some whales cashing out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Time to sell?? Surely it can’t go much higher.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Interestingly enough I mention cryptoquaint earlier - their telegram was giving off warnings this morning saying a lot of Bitcoin had been transferred to exchanges and untaken PNL were at an all time high. Goes to show what a great fucking indicator for this cryptoquaint is
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Oooft, hope you didn’t FOMO, just dipped 3.5k in 20 mins! Some whales cashing out. 
    Couldn't get on to binance, will take that as a sign and leave it be! 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Time to sell?? Surely it can’t go much higher.
    Only just begun imo. Think we’ll see closer to 100k than you might think before it comes back down again. We may never see it at 20k again 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Extremely volatile atm. Enjoy your evening and see how it is tomorrow 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Extremely volatile atm. Enjoy your evening and see how it is tomorrow 
    Will be 50k bitcoin knowing my luck 😂
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:
    Daarrzzetbum posted on this a while back - I thanked him recently on the investments thread.
    In case it’s more appropriate here,.... 

Cheers Daarrzzetbum,

At one point ARB hit 1.30 today!! Bonkers.

I only had a cheap punt on a 1000 ARB shares at 0.17p and cashed out my original investments worth at the start of this week. Smarts a bit having now missed out on more monster rises, but my remaining total is now 100% pure profit.

How far do you think they might go?
    I guess they effectively track Bitcoin so equally volatile?  Being a ‘mining’ company there might be a bit of ‘lag’ over the currency market and give us a small window to react in? What sort of figures are you aiming/ hoping for?

Where are you buying ARB?
  • Options
    So I started investing in Crypto in Oct, currently have doubled my investment. Looking for that illusive small investment for big gains.
  • Options
    Glovepup said

Hargreaves Lansdown 
    www.hl.co.uk
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:
    Glovepup said

Hargreaves Lansdown 
    www.hl.co.uk
    Thanks, I will take a gander. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've invested a lot of my savings into dogecoin
  • Options
    Coinbase is taking ages to verify my account. Even thought i got an email saying that I could now use the service.
  • Options
    Trading212 also, no fees when buying either 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Coinbase is taking ages to verify my account. Even thought i got an email saying that I could now use the service.
    See above, I have had to re-register with Coinbase due to changing my mobile phone and number. The first session took 3 days and I am still waiting to hear re the final part.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    See above, I have had to re-register with Coinbase due to changing my mobile phone and number. The first session took 3 days and I am still waiting to hear re the final part.
    I only signed up yesterday, guess I'm just going to have to wait.
  • Options
    I signed up tonight, scanned my ID and sent bank transfer, let me use it within five minutes. Popped up again I need to verify my account but I sent another transfer and now seems to be all fine and verified. Weird 
  • Options
    charltonJ said:
    I signed up tonight, scanned my ID and sent bank transfer, let me use it within five minutes. Popped up again I need to verify my account but I sent another transfer and now seems to be all fine and verified. Weird 
    That is frustrating, I scanned my driving licence and everything seemed to work.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Glovepup said:
    So I started investing in Crypto in Oct, currently have doubled my investment. Looking for that illusive small investment for big gains.
    Posted a couple of weeks back but I’d look into defi holdings, I’ve got a bag of RFI, no staking required but you get a % of all transactions direct to your wallet. Bought some about a week/2 weeks ago but already got about 1% of my bag in rewards. The more volatile the market, the more you make in rewards from transactions.

im also mega excited about IYF - which will provide an arb pool, the arb bot hasn’t made a single non profitable transaction so far. As long as staking exists IYF’s arb pool will be profitable and have a utility. Drawback is that to access the arb pool you need 25 IYF, at the moment IYF recently hit $200 per token... so a bit out of reach for me, but the market cap is low, to the point where we could be looking at an IYF token being $10,000 if it gets to mid-large cap. You’ll also get an airdrop of BeastDAO which is from the same developers and has a partnership with RFI. Not sure if the snapshot has been taken for that though. 

Also think the next big thing after DEFI is going to be tokenised stocks - picked up some wCres a month or two ago, 1 wCres will = 1 crescofin share if you want to start receiving dividends. They’re a Swiss bank that will offer interest rates of 3% (important to mention some Swiss banks currently have negative interest rates). They’re also insured by Lloyds of London. 

Ok enough of the shilling...
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    bitcoin $40,000!
    Patience is key! The alts will come when people start coming out of BTC. Either that or get yourself on Binance and follow some of the best futures traders who share their buys / sells and copy what they are doing.