Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    I have finally gained access to my Coinbase account so whats the feeling amoungst you guys re Etherium, shall I hold on for the ride or keep a very close eye on it.   
  • Options
    My friend sent me an invite to mine a new currency for free the other other day called Pi.  You can do it from your mobile and it’s early days.  I get a little bump if I refer you so if anyone is interested feel free to PM me.  Might be another crypto that goes nowhere but nothing to lose and you never know 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I have finally gained access to my Coinbase account so whats the feeling amoungst you guys re Etherium, shall I hold on for the ride or keep a very close eye on it.   
    I reckon hold on to it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I know it's none of my business, but I'm curious as to how much people on here have invested.
    I think I questioned this before and to me it was less than I've bet on Charlton this season.
    So whilst some people seem heavily invested, in reality is it a lot of talk over very little?

Good luck to everyone if they are making substantial sums, as long as they know what they are doing and know they can "get out" immediately if there is a crash.

Personally, I don't invest in anything I don't understand and definitely not anything where if I try to get my money back I can't.

But as I say best of luck to all, but as a retired financial adviser it's not something I will be investing in.
    I've invested around £750 since Oct, so far I've managed to double that investment. I could have put in more but that amount was what I could lose without feeling it. Wish I had put in more now LOL.
  • Options
    Keep it, expect it to run significantly if it can break through its ATH
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Exactly this. Ethereum still has a way to run on this bull run imo. Some people are saying it could hit $10,000. My one beef with ethereum is gas fees get ridiculously expensive on bull runs (and Imo is the real catalyst for a market crash when everyone can suddenly afford to withdraw their alt coins they do). With ethereum 2 being rolled out the next two or three years that should eliminate this.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Exactly this. Ethereum still has a way to run on this bull run imo. Some people are saying it could hit $10,000. My one beef with ethereum is gas fees get ridiculously expensive on bull runs (and Imo is the real catalyst for a market crash when everyone can suddenly afford to withdraw their alt coins they do). With ethereum 2 being rolled out the next two or three years that should eliminate this.
    The ZIL-ETH bridge is due by end of Q1... This could be a gamechanger in that respect
  • Options
    Ok, so  following up on @Covered End remarks maybe I could throw in some more sceptical remarks, but I do so because there are several people on here whose views I greatly respect, you know stuff I do not, and in most cases you know who you are so I won't embarrass you by tagging you. I'm really keen to be put bang to rights!

Unlike CE I have, as mentioned above, had a dabble, back in 2018, mainly to keep an open mind and to learn. Trouble is it seems quite difficult to learn anything tangible. Anything that makes sense in a normal commercial investment context. 

I had a dabble in Vechain because at least in this case I was persuaded that it is a Thing. It has, supposedly, real world uses. One I remember buying into, was that it can help control a complicated huge inventory. Such as that of a car company. At the time I'd just watched a good Czech film about the Swedish then CEO of Autovaz, the Russian giant that makes Ladas. Basically, the inventory (parts, bits) is being routinely nicked on an industrial scale. That is almost as important economically as selling the cars! And I thought, Vechain could have helped him stop all that. Every part uniquely coded and tracked. 

So potentially then I could think of Vechain like I think of companies I invest in with confidence. Principly Unilever. Their products all over the house, market leaders through excellent management, wife with a good career behind her there. Then, the FAANGs. Not so likeable but the Amazon biz model is irresistible, and in the case of Google and Facebook at least I understand what their biz model really is, unlike many, still. In all cases I can name their CEO, and inspect their published accounts. 

Vechain, then. If big name companies use it, it must be a Thing. If either pharma companies or public health authorities use it to battle Covid, it must be a Thing. So imagine you head up a new pharma co. and have hit on a new vaccine route, and you want to "use" Vechain. Whom do you call, at Vechain? Do you pay to use whatever Vechain is? If the answer is "no" then how on earth does Vechain make money, and therefore become something to invest in? Who are the owners of Vechain, and the senior management that this pharma company interracts with?  ( in the same way it would interract with the companies who make glass phials, or the unis whose researchers could help it develop a vaccine, but also need paying). 3 years since I "bought" some Vechain, I am no nearer being able to answer those questions. And of course there is the secondary question of what exactly I have bought, what exactly is my stake in Vechain, compared with my stake in Unilever?

To end with a final provocation , because I really want to provoke a  robust discussion, from which I and others can learn, I'll tell you what Vechain reminds me of. ADBD. Nimer's so-called investment fund, and the website that went with it. A website with logos of numerous top global companies, but absolutely no explanation of what ADBD did with or for those companies. First day I saw that website I was seeing more red flags than on Red Square on Mayday, but many could not understand what I was getting so exercised about. Well, I called that right, big time...Tell me why Vechain is not like that scam, (which we now know was the creation of a money-launderer, and I don't mean Nimer)

Over to you, evangelists....
  • Options
    Ok, so  following up on @Covered End remarks maybe I could throw in some more sceptical remarks, but I do so because there are several people on here whose views I greatly respect, you know stuff I do not, and in most cases you know who you are so I won't embarrass you by tagging you. I'm really keen to be put bang to rights!

Unlike CE I have, as mentioned above, had a dabble, back in 2018, mainly to keep an open mind and to learn. Trouble is it seems quite difficult to learn anything tangible. Anything that makes sense in a normal commercial investment context. 

I had a dabble in Vechain because at least in this case I was persuaded that it is a Thing. It has, supposedly, real world uses. One I remember buying into, was that it can help control a complicated huge inventory. Such as that of a car company. At the time I'd just watched a good Czech film about the Swedish then CEO of Autovaz, the Russian giant that makes Ladas. Basically, the inventory (parts, bits) is being routinely nicked on an industrial scale. That is almost as important economically as selling the cars! And I thought, Vechain could have helped him stop all that. Every part uniquely coded and tracked. 

So potentially then I could think of Vechain like I think of companies I invest in with confidence. Principly Unilever. Their products all over the house, market leaders through excellent management, wife with a good career behind her there. Then, the FAANGs. Not so likeable but the Amazon biz model is irresistible, and in the case of Google and Facebook at least I understand what their biz model really is, unlike many, still. In all cases I can name their CEO, and inspect their published accounts. 

Vechain, then. If big name companies use it, it must be a Thing. If either pharma companies or public health authorities use it to battle Covid, it must be a Thing. So imagine you head up a new pharma co. and have hit on a new vaccine route, and you want to "use" Vechain. Whom do you call, at Vechain? Do you pay to use whatever Vechain is? If the answer is "no" then how on earth does Vechain make money, and therefore become something to invest in? Who are the owners of Vechain, and the senior management that this pharma company interracts with?  ( in the same way it would interract with the companies who make glass phials, or the unis whose researchers could help it develop a vaccine, but also need paying). 3 years since I "bought" some Vechain, I am no nearer being able to answer those questions. And of course there is the secondary question of what exactly I have bought, what exactly is my stake in Vechain, compared with my stake in Unilever?

To end with a final provocation , because I really want to provoke a  robust discussion, from which I and others can learn, I'll tell you what Vechain reminds me of. ADBD. Nimer's so-called investment fund, and the website that went with it. A website with logos of numerous top global companies, but absolutely no explanation of what ADBD did with or for those companies. First day I saw that website I was seeing more red flags than on Red Square on Mayday, but many could not understand what I was getting so exercised about. Well, I called that right, big time...Tell me why Vechain is not like that scam, (which we now know was the creation of a money-launderer, and I don't mean Nimer)

I mean the easiest way of saying it is that you can see all transactions on the vechain blockchain. Anybody can see that it’s in use and working.
  • Options

I mean the easiest way of saying it is that you can see all transactions on the vechain blockchain. Anybody can see that it’s in use and working.
    Nope, I'm still lost. Transactions of what exactly? the tokens? 

Mate when you invest in Unilever or Google by buying their shares or funds which hold their shares, you are following the money. Slow and fairly steady, but that is what you do. Unilever sell stuff, make a profit, and give you a share of the profit in the form of dividends. As a result of their selling stuff successfully the capital value of your stake in Unilever also rises. What does Vechain sell, who has bought it for what use, where is the evidence of this? 

Actually I did a little search. This story appears to suggest that Vechain is working with Bayer. And it names Vechain's CEO; one Sonny Lu. It actually looks quite encouraging. However this article is not from the FT, but from something called Coindesk.com. It presents VeChain as a company, a supplier, like the supplier of the glass vials. I can sort of see here how Vechain is  -apparently - providing Bayer with something tangible. So how much has Bayer paid VeChain for it? Who else has paid them for similar? Don't you want to know this? And where does the money go that you pay for your tokens? To Vechain? To help fund their R&D? A sort of crowdfunding? If so, OK, I can buy that. But there is no evidence. No more than there was that Shell and IBM were "clients/partners" of ADBD. 

I think we had this conversation 3 years ago, mate. Not much seems to have emerged since then. I hope some of the others who have invested in Vechain will wade in. The lack of transparency around it, and indeed the ridiculously complicated process of buying and selling their tokens, just all has the whiff of a scam for me. The whole crypto thing, not just Vechain.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zil is taking off! 
  • Options
    Someone I follow posted this this morning

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

who? 
  • Options
    Looks like iyf is on the move again, just bullish flagged down to support and pinged back up again. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

who? 
    https://twitter.com/iMentor4u?s=09
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:

who? 
    https://twitter.com/iMentor4u?s=09
    Thanks, followed 
  • Options
    Btc seems to have stabilized some what over the last few days.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Which means Alt season in a bull market 
  • Options
    An identity crisis for tax regulators you mean, crypto is getting bigger and bigger and covering new industries. “Normies” who are coming into crypto now don’t even know about defi. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Let's hope so! 
  • Options
    Thanks Kent, you’ve been very generous in sharing your knowledge with us novices :-) 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    cabbles said:
    Let's hope so! 
    Not yet...More money needs to flow into ETH and the larger caps before altseason well and truly begins.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cabbles said:
    Thanks Kent, you’ve been very generous in sharing your knowledge with us novices :-) 
    I mean I’m still learning too. Got a small trading account that I’m struggling to break even on lol. But I’m getting there. Learning more and more the more mistakes I make. Certainly know a lot more than I did back in 2017 when I saw my Binance account grow for reasons I couldn’t explain and then shrink back down in 2018 for more reasons I couldn’t explain. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    cabbles said:
    I mean I’m still learning too. Got a small trading account that I’m struggling to break even on lol. But I’m getting there. Learning more and more the more mistakes I make. Certainly know a lot more than I did back in 2017 when I saw my Binance account grow for reasons I couldn’t explain and then shrink back down in 2018 for more reasons I couldn’t explain. 
    2017 was ridiculous... Turned 3k into 21k without having a clue what I was doing, going into shitcoin IPOs... That swiftly fell to about 400 quid in 2018 😭

I think I was about 10x on the telcoin IPO! 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    cabbles said:
    2017 was ridiculous... Turned 3k into 21k without having a clue what I was doing, going into shitcoin IPOs... That swiftly fell to about 400 quid in 2018 😭

I think I was about 10x on the telcoin IPO! 
    its unhealthy to say this, but IF i had cashed out my VET at the right time and put it into LINK and just held i think i'd have $50k right now, from about 200 quid original investment lol. It's crazy.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

plz