Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    Yes, the plus is that he has come out into the open to say he will sell. We will just have to be patient and meanwhile improve the results..I haven't checked but they are probably the worst in the division over the last 8 or so games

• Options
    Just stumbled across this. Meire stealing the glory for someone else' good work. Sickening!

• Options
    The further away from SE7 the better.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Just stumbled across this. Meire stealing the glory for someone else' good work. Sickening!

Burnt herself on that mid season break in Dubai by the looks of things
  • Options
    I wonder what our old friend OP makes of it all?
  • Options
    At least it’s away from us. Any club employing her is already run by fools.
  • Options
    Makes me wonder since the Sheffield job is essentially a promotion and also that no immediate replacement was announced, whether RD actually didn't know she was leaving until she told him.

If that is the case, perhaps her leaving does not mean a takeover is as imminent as we thought it was. Perhaps she just got a bigger salary at a club in a higher league and the takeover is only in the early stages like Rolly has hinted?
  • Options
    Morgan Fox going on the transfer list tomorrow? :):):)
  • Options
    Stig said:

What's the good work? Who is that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't it Sheffield Wednesday that have been trying to land Holmes the last year?
  • Options
    No idea who that bloke is, but the award is for best community club of the year. Yes, really.
  • Options

We need to take to Wednesday message boards and twitter to detail how horrendous a ceo Katrien is. Have her immediately start under the same kind of contempt and pressure she was under here. This is where the real victory will be made chaps. #YouBoughtTheWrongClub

Nah bxxxxxxxks let them both suffer

• Options

Isn't it Sheffield Wednesday that have been trying to land Holmes the last year?

Sheffield United who want him
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Stig said:

No idea who that bloke is, but the award is for best community club of the year. Yes, really.

It's Jason Morgan MBE, who I believe set up the Community Trust in 1992. He used to run the half term coaching courses that Charlton offered around South East London and Kent when I was a nipper.

A true Charlton hero who shouldn't have to share a photo with that lazy arsehole.
    Wonder why he did then? Surely if he runs the whole community trust he could of told her to get lost. Too many senior people around Charlton be that ex directors, ex players, staff etc have kept very quiet about the shit show that has gone on. By the way I don’t know his position on it all but the general point stands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember how 23 other clubs appointed a manager while Katrien was making the stunning appointment of Russell Slade. I somehow doubt the Wednesday fans will be as patient as we are.
  • Options

According to sky sports....
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11192035/ex-charlton-chief-katrien-meire-appointed-ceo-at-sheffield-wednesday

Addicks boss Karl Robinson said he was in tears when Meire, who was also given a role on the FA Council in 2016, announced her exit to Charlton staff, as potential takeover talks continue at The Valley.

Tears of joy...

If Robbo had tears in his eyes then I'm more so on board with him getting sacked.

Karl, that is unusual behaviour.
  • Options
    If it goes wrong up there , the reception for Katrien will be much more vociferous than it ever was at Charlton, out of the pan into the frying pan.
  • Options

According to sky sports....
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11703/11192035/ex-charlton-chief-katrien-meire-appointed-ceo-at-sheffield-wednesday

Addicks boss Karl Robinson said he was in tears when Meire, who was also given a role on the FA Council in 2016, announced her exit to Charlton staff, as potential takeover talks continue at The Valley.

Tears of joy...

Indeed, to paraphrase Oscar Wilde, you’d have to have a heart of stone to hear of the departure of Little Katrien and not laugh...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Meire is part of choosing their new manager?
    Well she was appointed this lunchtime so she has interviewed twenty hopefuls already.

Hope Guy Luzon likes it in Sheffield
  • Options
    Nug said:

MrLargo said:

Stig said:

It's Jason Morgan MBE, who I believe set up the Community Trust in 1992. He used to run the half term coaching courses that Charlton offered around South East London and Kent when I was a nipper.

A true Charlton hero who shouldn't have to share a photo with that lazy arsehole.
    Wonder why he did then? Surely if he runs the whole community trust he could of told her to get lost. Too many senior people around Charlton be that ex directors, ex players, staff etc have kept very quiet about the shit show that has gone on. By the way I don’t know his position on it all but the general point stands.
    Don't know much about it, but I would imagine that the Community Trust is quite heavily dependant on financial support from the football club, so presumably a cordial relationship needs to be maintained.

In relation to the general point about directors, staff, players, etc, a few have spoken out - Chris Powell has spoken honestly a few times about what it was like working for Duchatelet, and I think there were others such as Luzon and Polish Pete who were critical on "Getting to know the Network".

Know what you mean though, although I think part of the problem is that we don't warrant enough column inches for journos to bother asking the question - I'm sure Kermorgant, for example, would have happily let rip if someone had given him the opportunity to do so.

What frustrated me most was when Matt Holland met her whilst working for Talksport and got completely sucked in. The same goes for that idiot Mark Clemmit from the Beeb - ran a story implying everything was fine when he met her after the appointment of Slade.