Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    sammy391 said:

Wyn grant saying she could be on her way to Burton Albion!

I’d heard that too - I think people were putting two and two together because of the fact Jez Moxey is there, who played a big role in getting Katrien on the FA council apparently...
  • Options
    I f***ing wish KR would too.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    N01R4M said:

Well done stockportaddick, who posted the liar flag picture on their forum! https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/265518-katrien-meire/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-7836712
    I hope they mobilise a female protest group PDQ, because I foresee Katrien's misogyny accusations getting an fresh outing as soon as reality hits home.

Yes, I was about to post similar. If she thinks she was given a hard time here then she's set for some eye openers in Sheffield. I hope Wednesday have a clued up PR firm on their payroll (actually, I don't).
  • Options
    I’ll be backing the Massives for relegation straight away
  • Options
    I really disliked Sheffield Wednesday. Now I really really really dislike them even more now. All we need now is to appoint SCP and get him to swing on the crossbar ( great night )
  • Options
    The Massives
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really disliked Sheffield Wednesday. Now I really really really dislike them even more now. All we need now is to appoint SCP and get him to swing on the crossbar ( great night )

I now feel sorry for them. No football club deserves someone as abject as this.

On the plus side, Roger Johnson now has a way back into English football.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Isn’t there a thread of of all her mistakes and lies?

I don’t know if this is a comprehensive list, but it certainly has a lot of quotes and video evidence.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/74853/the-complete-works-of-katrien-meire-charlton-ceo#latest
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

We need more women in football.
    Why ? Given the ineptitude at the FA and at a lot of clubs, I’d say we need more competent people in football - male or female.
    Nobody is debating that, and the two are not mutually exclusive. But you get KM on FA boards when you don't have enough women involved in the upper echelons of the game and need someone, anyone to provide a different perspective.

Also, given the FA has spent years spending silly money and giving all their power to the Premier League, given how many clubs are poorly run, and this is almost 100% by men, particularly old rich white men, perhaps it's time for a change.....
    I still don’t understand that because it’s “particularly old rich white men”, that more women should “get the gig”. All jobs should be based on merit.
    Incidentally, the Venky’s, Vincent Tan, the Italian at Leyton Orient, Roland, Hull City owners, the Serb (I think) at Portsmouth, Leeds owners and several more also have a common denominator. Should we be calling for a ban on foreign ownership or just fewer “old white men” ?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Wednesday losing at home to Burton. Start as you mean to go on Kat.

She's working on transfers as we speak. Reza, Thuram-whatever his name was and Nego all likely to sign for them in this transfer window on 5 year deals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Massive disaster.

Good fit really. Both have delusions of grandeur based on precious little
  • Options
    edited January 2018

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

Why ? Given the ineptitude at the FA and at a lot of clubs, I’d say we need more competent people in football - male or female.
    Nobody is debating that, and the two are not mutually exclusive. But you get KM on FA boards when you don't have enough women involved in the upper echelons of the game and need someone, anyone to provide a different perspective.

Also, given the FA has spent years spending silly money and giving all their power to the Premier League, given how many clubs are poorly run, and this is almost 100% by men, particularly old rich white men, perhaps it's time for a change.....
    I still don’t understand that because it’s “particularly old rich white men”, that more women should “get the gig”. All jobs should be based on merit.
    Incidentally, the Venky’s, Vincent Tan, the Italian at Leyton Orient, Roland, Hull City owners, the Serb (I think) at Portsmouth, Leeds owners and several more also have a common denominator. Should we be calling for a ban on foreign ownership or just fewer “old white men” ?
    I avoided replying to that, as I feel the same. The "old rich white men" line is a bit boring and tiresome to be honest.

It's entirely myopic because at its core it brings an argument about judging people on their merit, and not identity, right back around to identity.

If we were banging on about the need for more rich old white men then it may be relevant, if we were stating that Katrien failed because of her lack of a penis then it would also be relevant. But neither of those points have been argued.

It seems to be a strawman that's injected in to the conversation to argue against a point that nobody made. We can all agree that people should be in their position based upon merit, and that's it.

Gender, colour, or economics don't matter, but they only ever seem to get mentioned to underline the fact that they don't matter.. so just don't mention them?
  • Options
    My God did anybody read her CV, it is a footballing disaster master class !
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I avoided replying to that, as I feel the same. The "old rich white men" line is a bit boring and tiresome to be honest.

It's entirely myopic because at its core it brings an argument about judging people on their merit, and not identity, right back around to identity.

If we were banging on about the need for more rich old white men then it may be relevant, if we were stating that Katrien failed because of her lack of a penis then it would also be relevant. But neither of those points have been argued.

It seems to be a strawman that's injected in to the conversation to argue against a point that nobody made. We can all agree that people should be in their position based upon merit, and that's it.

Gender, colour, or economics don't matter, but they only ever seem to get mentioned to underline the fact that they don't matter.. so just don't mention them?
    Well said. No doubt my list of poor foreign owners will be declared sexist and racist at some point.
    Back to Meire though and I’m glad she’s ended up at a club with deluded fans. She has a lot in common there already.
  • Options
    ^^^^^ totally unsurprising.

What would be surprising if there were any agents out there who rated someone else as worse.
  • Options

Same here goes back to that FA Cup game in the mid 70s.
  • Options
    I hate saying things like this but it's true.

Sex and charm have the potential to influence and over look everything and make people have shorter memories.

If katrien Meire was a 30 something year old man (let's say a random males name that could be French, kotane Meire) that publically said and did the things she did, You know, the extremely amateur long list of bad judgement calls, lies and embarrassing statements like "sacking managers is good because every time we did it, it improved our ranking".

Then the fictional man of a parallel universe could just completely forget about any possibility of future employment within football. He would be considered... a complete joke.

All it takes is a bit of flirting and a slight touch on the arm, to make a lot of people turn a blind eye to someone that is overall very bad at their craft or not naturally mentally equipped for such a 100% committed, understanding and people person role.

The "I'm a woman doing the job in a mans world" is not something that is overly impressive in this case, due to the fact that male co workers will probably easily see a young innocent attractive woman that they feel obliged to "look out for" and get along with and will probably want her around. It's mostly all based on early impressions before the cracks start to show.

I most likely would not say anything confrontational to her if I bumped into her in the street. If it was a bloke...it would just be easier and more straight forward to express negative thoughts towards that person.

It's just hiding behind a natural charm that can be used as a weapon. Its not something that lasts forever. However it can unfortunately make people ignore merit and a genuine honest dedicated work ethic.

She publically failed at charlton in almost every aspect.

Yet she is now in the championship and we are in league one.

I think Sheffield Wednesday will actually move onwards and upwards regardless of this.

She will be linked to the clubs success.