Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Nug said:

MrLargo said:

Stig said:

No idea who that bloke is, but the award is for best community club of the year. Yes, really.

It's Jason Morgan MBE, who I believe set up the Community Trust in 1992. He used to run the half term coaching courses that Charlton offered around South East London and Kent when I was a nipper.

A true Charlton hero who shouldn't have to share a photo with that lazy arsehole.
    Wonder why he did then? Surely if he runs the whole community trust he could of told her to get lost. Too many senior people around Charlton be that ex directors, ex players, staff etc have kept very quiet about the shit show that has gone on. By the way I don’t know his position on it all but the general point stands.
    Don't know much about it, but I would imagine that the Community Trust is quite heavily dependant on financial support from the football club, so presumably a cordial relationship needs to be maintained.

In relation to the general point about directors, staff, players, etc, a few have spoken out - Chris Powell has spoken honestly a few times about what it was like working for Duchatelet, and I think there were others such as Luzon and Polish Pete who were critical on "Getting to know the Network".

Know what you mean though, although I think part of the problem is that we don't warrant enough column inches for journos to bother asking the question - I'm sure Kermorgant, for example, would have happily let rip if someone had given him the opportunity to do so.

What frustrated me most was when Matt Holland met her whilst working for Talksport and got completely sucked in. The same goes for that idiot Mark Clemmit from the Beeb - ran a story implying everything was fine when he met her after the appointment of Slade.
    Yann spoke about the regime in withering terms in early 2016:

https://maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/news/reading-fc/82201/-They-have-wasted-the-club.html
  • Options
    If anyone doubted that football is a basket case in general, then doubt no more. I’ll give her six months.
  • Options
    Hope they get relegated.
  • Options
    They'll go down on the last day, keeping Miwaw up in the process. You know how it works.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Nug said:

MrLargo said:

Stig said:

No idea who that bloke is, but the award is for best community club of the year. Yes, really.

It's Jason Morgan MBE, who I believe set up the Community Trust in 1992. He used to run the half term coaching courses that Charlton offered around South East London and Kent when I was a nipper.

A true Charlton hero who shouldn't have to share a photo with that lazy arsehole.
    Wonder why he did then? Surely if he runs the whole community trust he could of told her to get lost. Too many senior people around Charlton be that ex directors, ex players, staff etc have kept very quiet about the shit show that has gone on. By the way I don’t know his position on it all but the general point stands.
    Don't know much about it, but I would imagine that the Community Trust is quite heavily dependant on financial support from the football club, so presumably a cordial relationship needs to be maintained.

In relation to the general point about directors, staff, players, etc, a few have spoken out - Chris Powell has spoken honestly a few times about what it was like working for Duchatelet, and I think there were others such as Luzon and Polish Pete who were critical on "Getting to know the Network".

Know what you mean though, although I think part of the problem is that we don't warrant enough column inches for journos to bother asking the question - I'm sure Kermorgant, for example, would have happily let rip if someone had given him the opportunity to do so.

What frustrated me most was when Matt Holland met her whilst working for Talksport and got completely sucked in. The same goes for that idiot Mark Clemmit from the Beeb - ran a story implying everything was fine when he met her after the appointment of Slade.
    Yann spoke about the regime in withering terms in early 2016:

https://maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk/news/reading-fc/82201/-They-have-wasted-the-club.html
    Thanks, now you mention it I think the SLP published that as well.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Demonstrations at Wednesday by April.
    I think she will find they won’t be as powder puff as ours.

Won’t be able to shut the curtains and employee a couple of goons with the Wednesday mob. Hope they give her hell
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Demonstrations at Wednesday by April.
    I think she will find they won’t be as powder puff as ours.

You could well be right, but she won't care she'll be in Dubai by then.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

"After joining Championship side Wednesday, she said: "I am so pleased. This is a massive challenge at a massive club Cloob and I am looking forward to beginning this journey."

Is this whole thing real? Almost seems too laughable to be true. Hilarious start to 2018. HA.

Haha.

HA.

Corrected for you ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Horrible CEO and horrible fans, perfect match. Genuine push for relegation beckons.
  • Options
    A perfect combination - both seriously deluded about themselves. Just rejoice she has gone and we are free of her. I would love to play Wednesday next season so we can let her know that we never forget. They got off to a cracking start today. I know she wasn't playing or responsible but let's hope it's an omen.
  • Options

A perfect combination - both seriously deluded about themselves. Just rejoice she has gone and we are free of her. I would love to play Wednesday next season so we can let her know that we never forget. They got off to a cracking start today. I know she wasn't playing or responsible but let's hope it's an omen.

Unfortunately, her leaving did nothing for us today.
  • Options

Her influence is irrelevant based on one game of football. It's her long term shit-ness that gradually turned the cloob into a joke.

You cannot expect the manager and players to get some kind of psychological boost via her departure.

They are in a mixed bag of uncertainty at the moment.

• Options
    Two words...... Morgan Fox...... gotta feel for him.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Two words...... Morgan Fox...... gotta feel for him.

Lot of the Wednesday fans are very much in the:

She's the one that sold us fox?! .....great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Great reading but what is it with those ridiculous faces under their posts on that site? Can they not see how cringy it looks?
  • Options
    Crazy decision! Hope she doesn't rot Sheffield Wed to the core and drive away fans like she did with us.
    Doesn't see a club as part of a community, just a business. Rather sell promising stars and be a feeder club to the premier league than have the ambition to reach the top. If you disagree your branded a terrorist.
    Good luck to Sheffield Wednesday, but by the sounds of it their chairman is clueless.
  • Options
    I am pleased for sheff Wednesday as they will get what they deserve but so incredibly sad for the sport
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Jokes aside, there appear to be some interesting parallels here, and I think Katrien's appointment is beginning to make a bit of sense.

Exactly what I stated the other day before we knew where she was landing. In terms of profits and loss, CAFC did better than many clubs financially under her reign of terror due to selling players for nice profits. And many (most?) owners of clubs below the PL care more about not losing a lot of money than they do winning. Her move to an owner like this makes total sense to me. I bet she actually had more than one offer to choose from.
  • Options
    I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy and to get a similar role at a bigger club is unbelievable Geoff ! Let's hope they see through her quicker than we did especially now she hasn't got uncle Roland to protect her from those horrible customers. Wednesday looking for a new manager , well she's appointed some crackers and they all proved to be the ' right decision , we improved our ranking '. Thank god she's gone
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Jokes aside, there appear to be some interesting parallels here, and I think Katrien's appointment is beginning to make a bit of sense.

Exactly what I stated the other day before we knew where she was landing. In terms of profits and loss, CAFC did better than many clubs financially under her reign of terror due to selling players for nice profits. And many (most?) owners of clubs below the PL care more about not losing a lot of money than they do winning. Her move to an owner like this makes total sense to me. I bet she actually had more than one offer to choose from.
    Where are your figures?????