Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    I stand to be corrected but didn't she live in a posh flat in Docklands? God knows if there is an equivalent area in Sheffield but I somehow doubt it. As I can't really see her living in a 2 up 2 down terrace I can only assume she will be 'working from home' a lot. Maybe that is the best Sheffield can hope for as in my experience people who 'work from home' never do that much.
  • Options

vff said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

Cheery article from Newshopper who report that the Meire resignation came as a surprise to Duchatelet. Newshopper did break the news that Meire had another Job.

If this is all true then Daisy might actually have been the one to finally kill old Roland off. She was an absolute nobody in the footballing world - I don't mean that as a dig at her, I mean she literally hadn't been employed anywhere near football until Roland decided to give her a chance off a speculative email. He then made her CEO of his new club in a new country in one of the most exciting cities in the world despite her having zero experience of running a business day-to-day, and regardless of how many times she cocked up, be it PR-wise or on transfers (ludicrously long contracts for bad players, incredibly low transfer fees for outgoing talents) he kept backing her. And this is how she repays him; jumping ship to another job while he's in the midst of trying to get the hell out of there and could probably have used her sticking round to keep him informed of what's going on at the club. I never thought I could feel sorry for Roland - and I was right, I still don't - but I bet the old goat is bitterly disappointed the see this happen. The whole point of his strategy of over-promoting absolute morons is that he always has their loyalty. The problem with always patting your staff on the head when they screw up is they end up getting the false impression that they are actually good at their job, and it looks like that's backfired here as her already massive ego has floated her over to Sheffield. There's that old saying 'you don't owe your employer anything' but in this case she really, really, really does. Given that he's now potentially thinking of lowering the asking price I'd love to think that losing his only remaining ally at the club has finally convinced him that it's really time to cut his losses. It's like Julius Caesar at Charlton right now.

On the Sheff Weds side of things, I actually really feel bad for them. I quite enjoyed the rivalry we developed when we were both in League One. Given how difficult it can be to get excited about things in the lower leagues sometimes it was good to have a bit of needle about some games, and the way the two teams pushed each other in 2011/2 really added to the excitement. Sounds like they've got a bit of an ongoing situation with the owner and it all looks a bit Charlton-y, which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Hopefully without having Roland there to brush her mistakes under the carpet she won't last too long and Weds can get back to being a normally run club.
    100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I stand to be corrected but didn't she live in a posh flat in Docklands? God knows if there is an equivalent area in Sheffield but I somehow doubt it. As I can't really see her living in a 2 up 2 down terrace I can only assume she will be 'working from home' a lot. Maybe that is the best Sheffield can hope for as in my experience people who 'work from home' never do that much.

Hillsborough is close to the posh bit of Sheffield and some very nice places - more big house than Docklands Flat, but not a hardship post at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Talal said:

So funny that the threads about her have gone. It's started....

Yes the one I was reading last night has deffo gone. I think we should try to have a chat with the admin guy on Owlstalk who posted up the vids and everything. I can see that there is a user on here with the handle @owlstalk (but banned!) . There was also one @owlsonlineadmin but that might be a a different board.

I know some people here are not well disposed towards that group of fans, (and clearly in some cases its mutual) but from what I saw on the Owlstalk thread, it's much like on here, the vast majority seemed decent and want the same things for their club as we do for ours. If it is true that he has had to delete that thread, for the reasons we suspect, that is simply outrageous (as I saw nothing there that was remotely libellous or abusive), and we should help them resist.
    I read some talk on there late last night (1am ish) of making the threads members only. I guess that's probably why we can't see them.

Could @Covered End @stockportaddick or anyone else who signed up there let us know.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

We have a good rivalry with Sheffield Wednesday.

That is only when they are the football club...Sheffield Wednesday.

Football cloob Sheffield Meire-day is not a rival. They are not themselves anymore and they need help in order to be a competitive normal club again.

My main concern for them is that the chairman stated it was either...have no CEO at the club or have katrien Meire.

It was either her... or no one.
    It's a very specific odd narrow choice.

What does it mean?

It's not good news for them.

They need a new owner and they need one fast.

Good luck to them.

Tough choice!!

Nah, not really...no one would definitely have been better!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Uboat said:

the posh bit of Sheffield
    Does not compute. Does not compute.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60598372.html

A manor house with a tennis court and 11 acres of grounds for the cost of a 2 bed Docklands flat....
  • Options

Talal said:

Yes the one I was reading last night has deffo gone. I think we should try to have a chat with the admin guy on Owlstalk who posted up the vids and everything. I can see that there is a user on here with the handle @owlstalk (but banned!) . There was also one @owlsonlineadmin but that might be a a different board.

I know some people here are not well disposed towards that group of fans, (and clearly in some cases its mutual) but from what I saw on the Owlstalk thread, it's much like on here, the vast majority seemed decent and want the same things for their club as we do for ours. If it is true that he has had to delete that thread, for the reasons we suspect, that is simply outrageous (as I saw nothing there that was remotely libellous or abusive), and we should help them resist.
    I read some talk on there late last night (1am ish) of making the threads members only. I guess that's probably why we can't see them.

Could @Covered End @stockportaddick or anyone else who signed up there let us know.
    Interesting. There's a rumour (which I don't believe for one second!) that Jose Riga is to been appointed, it's doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment.

The source is an OwlsTalk discussion, but it gives me permissions errors when I try and click on it. I suppose this may also be members only?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Talal said:

Hadn't realised, but I signed up there six years ago!

Thread is still there - along with others, but moved to their 'Boardroom' which I suspect is members only.

• Options
    That Keith Lard bloke gets about a bit.
  • Options
    Been ill for last couple of days and missed the game yesterday and off work today so just catching up on all this and the result

For me I’m kind of done with her now. She’s no longer our problem and I’m just pleased she’s gone. As bad as she was here she may go up there and do a better job, but I doubt it

It makes sense that she’s got a job working under another billionaire foreign owner who it seems has bought a football club as a toy, could never see her record making sense to a competent owner with a genuine idea on how to run a football club

Will be interesting to see what happens

• Options
    Come on - own up.

Which one of you is "Gordon Watson". Very passionate post tat has hit a chord with several of the Massive
  • Options
    can you copy and paste over here? Missing out.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

vff said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

Cheery article from Newshopper who report that the Meire resignation came as a surprise to Duchatelet. Newshopper did break the news that Meire had another Job.

I get the impression from that article that:

1. Roland still had the £50,000,000 figure for a sale until quite recently.

2. Katrien has fallen out with Roland, hence not telling him about her new position.

3. There's been a complete breakdown of communication between Roland and Katrien.

It's pure guess work, but I wonder if Katrien got tired of being promised "a sale will go through and this will be over soon". Realising she was being strung along and used as a human shield, she finally decided she had to get out as soon as possible - and managed to blag her way in to SWFC.

Roland, realising he'd lost his useful idiot - albeit not realising why - decides to bite the bullet and accept that he needs to reduce his expectations and pull out as soon as possible. So he reduces the asking price.

In a rather ironic way, that would suggest that Katrien may be the one who has finally forced Roland out. It would also support those of us who always felt that getting Katrien to resign would not only be healthier for her, but would also incite a speedy withdrawal by Roland.
    Hands off !

She's MY tosser !

:smile: