Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Redrobo said:

KM, if you are reading this, please note that SW are a massive club and you will probably need two settees.

You can actually get some reasonably priced corner units in the sales at the moment mate :wink:
    That's a challenge for some of you photoshop whizz kids. ;)
  • Options

I would love to see a new years resolution to close this and other KM threads. She is no longer our problem and I don't really care what happens to Sheffield Wed. I would prefer not to see her stinking up the board in 2018 when she is no longer running our club.

She never was ...................... other than running it into the ground. Anyway best not open this thread if you don't like it, just a thought :smile:
    Does this board have an "unfollow" or "mute" button for threads?
  • Options
    londonowl said:

She’s has come to us at a really bad time for her. There is quite a bit of unrest about both On and off field performances. One thing she will not be given by Wednesday fans at this moment in history is time.

This could all come unstuck very very quickly. Season ticket renewals will be starting in a few weeks and even before she was appointed, there were rumblings of a number not renewing.

It won’t take many trademark foot in mouth moments from KM before she finds out that as customers, we expect more than as mere fans. She comes with baggage so I don’t think it would take much to get the banners out.

It's ok mate, fans aren't important, she doesn't need you, that's what she told us, which is why 50% stopped going.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    londonowl said:

She’s has come to us at a really bad time for her. There is quite a bit of unrest about both On and off field performances. One thing she will not be given by Wednesday fans at this moment in history is time.

This could all come unstuck very very quickly. Season ticket renewals will be starting in a few weeks and even before she was appointed, there were rumblings of a number not renewing.

It won’t take many trademark foot in mouth moments from KM before she finds out that as customers, we expect more than as mere fans. She comes with baggage so I don’t think it would take much to get the banners out.

Let's hope your S/T's get sent out before the season starts (unlike loads of ours that got posted to Bournemouth).
  • Options

I would love to see a new years resolution to close this and other KM threads. She is no longer our problem and I don't really care what happens to Sheffield Wed. I would prefer not to see her stinking up the board in 2018 when she is no longer running our club.

She never was ...................... other than running it into the ground. Anyway best not open this thread if you don't like it, just a thought :smile:
    Does this board have an "unfollow" or "mute" button for threads?
    Don't you realise that we all just love the drama
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    londonowl said:

To all those concerned about the arrival of my Season ticket, I take it you weren’t aware that out kit was several months late this year. The home kit hit the shops in November, the away kit late December. Thankfully the Chairman graciously gave us a £10 discount so it was only £49 for a shirt that arrived 4 months into the season.

We had the opportunity of buying a one-off shirt for 75 notes, it came in a box though apparantly. She's probably got some othose boxes left, so you may see them soon.
  • Options

Jose Riga is 16/1 to be their new manager

You are actually fucking with me, right?
  • Options
    londonowl said:

Well, looks like we are off and running.

As part of his pre-Christmas toys out of the pram statement, the Chairman said that if there were fans who are unhappy and would like a refund on their Season Ticket, they should contact him personally and he would arrange a refund.

Tonight on club website it has been confirmed that season ticket refunds will be offered with special conditions attached. Anyone wanting a refund should apply to the club by Friday and the club will contact them next week to advise them of these conditions and how the refund will be facilitated.

I’m guessing a lifetime ban and refund in vouchers to buy Merchandise!

This time next week, we will be hearing that less than 2% took up the offer.

Wow.
  • Options

londonowl said:

As part of his pre-Christmas toys out of the pram statement, the Chairman said that if there were fans who are unhappy and would like a refund on their Season Ticket, they should contact him personally and he would arrange a refund.

Tonight on club website it has been confirmed that season ticket refunds will be offered with special conditions attached. Anyone wanting a refund should apply to the club by Friday and the club will contact them next week to advise them of these conditions and how the refund will be facilitated.

Wow.
    Wow indeed !

She's been in post for 2 whole days ( IF she worked on New Year's day - unlikely) and he's been Kitty-ised already !
  • Options
    2%?

Really off to a flying start!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

And people are surprised he employed KM! Match made in heaven it is beginning to seem.

Seems so.

He clearly wanted someone experienced in dealing with (ignoring) unhappy fans for him and so who better than KM.
  • Options
    londonowl said:

Ah I see this bloke Chansiri has got himself a copy of Roland Duchâtelets book "a step by step guide on how to ruin run a football club"

Chapter 5 is how to separate the loyal customers, who can see you're a visionary, from the minority of vinegar pissers.

We all remember Roland's {unique} rant on the official website.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    londonowl said:

Rob7Lee said:

And people are surprised he employed KM! Match made in heaven it is beginning to seem.

Seems so.

He clearly wanted someone experienced in dealing with (ignoring) unhappy fans for him and so who better than KM.
    Nail on the head there. He can’t take any flak. As far as he’s concerned all he’s done is spend £100m on us because ‘he is part of the Wednesday family now’ and we should be eternally grateful, not daring to question him.

The fact that he bought the club for a knockdown £35m with dreams of Premier League riches and has managed to waste the other £60m on overpaid, over the hill ‘stars’ on ridiculously long contracts (Steven Fletcher 40k a week for 4 years anyone) whilst putting prices up to pretty much the highest in the division, plastering his name over everything and basically shutting out all local businesses or other sponsorship seems lost on him.

The biggest worry about us taking on KM is the fact that she seems to have no shame and will push through absolutely anything regardless of what anyone thinks.

That for me is a clear sign of our owners intentions now. Not necessarily how he started but he hasn’t been able to handle the criticism so I guess he is going to spend more time in Thailand and let KM take the flak for what I assume will be increasingly ‘nasty’ pronouncements.
    Reminds me a lot of Roland; it was claimed a few times that he'd spent big - bigger than we could've without him - yet the fact we were (unsuccessfully) fighting a relegation battle, being managed by a clueless nobody who didn't have the bottle to face the press, and our attendances were losing a battle of attrition.. well, it was beyond their deductive powers to realise that all they were achieving was a very expensive failure.

I suspect Katrien and Chansiri found a lot of common ground - "the fans don't understand the amount of money I've invested in the club", "the fans don't appreciate the business model, and the metrics used to measure our performance", "the fans just see the results and none of the background"..

I'm sure Katrien sold herself as someone who was headstrong enough to confront angry protests and persevere in pursuit of those business aims; someone who understands the importance of data and finance, who can liaise with agents and reduce overheads. I suspect this resonated with Chansiri, and that's worrying.

From what you've said here, I have no faith that Katrien will perform any different than she did in SE7. I had some hope that maybe she'd be better without Roland.. but no, I suspect she's stuck to what she's comfortable with.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Can't believe how much Wednesday is starting to sound like us!

Don't know about others but personally I had no idea it was getting as bad as that untill I heard about her appointment and read up on their chairman. Makes so much sense that piece of work has ended up there.