Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    Surely it'll be a london club so she can get herself to the Eurostar at every available opportunity.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

We need more women in football.
    Why ? Given the ineptitude at the FA and at a lot of clubs, I’d say we need more competent people in football - male or female.
    Nobody is debating that, and the two are not mutually exclusive. But you get KM on FA boards when you don't have enough women involved in the upper echelons of the game and need someone, anyone to provide a different perspective.

Also, given the FA has spent years spending silly money and giving all their power to the Premier League, given how many clubs are poorly run, and this is almost 100% by men, particularly old rich white men, perhaps it's time for a change.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely it'll be a london club so she can get herself to the Eurostar at every available opportunity.

As I understand it, if you want to fly direct to Dubai you have to go from Heathrow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester or Newcastle. Got to be near one of them.
  • Options
    I wonder if there was genuinely a desire on RD’s part to appoint a female CEO to fly in the face of the very male-dominated world of football?
    Where of course he failed in this sense is that he appointed Meire. The average trained chimp could run a football club better than she has. He has actually done more harm than good in many ways.
    I have no sympathy for Meire. I think CAFC would be a place where she could have done well had she been any good. She and Roland failed to understand English football and were only focussed on their idea for how the network could work - although had they been even half competent it might have been more successful.
    I sincerely hope Meire finds a role which she is good at. From what we have seen so far that would probably be outside of football - although what remains to be seen is how she might operate without Duchatalet. I do wonder if she was forced to follow orders she disagreed with - but of course she could have left a long time ago unless it was particularly lucrative for her to stay in post until she absolutely had to go.
    I just hope that whoever comes in to replace the Belgians has a clue and has a care. There is lots to do to turn things around. I also hope we aren’t bent over and shafted in the sale either -
    Roland could still do a lot of damage to us....
  • Options
    Hate to break the bad news but KM is still CEO and director of Charlton Athletic, according to her LinkedIn profile or maybe she is applying the same attention to detail as she displayed in her epic tenure at Charlton.

Fascinating to hear where she turns up next, she is not one for learning from her mistakes. I can see some fun watching this unravel.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2018
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

We need more women in football.
    Why ? Given the ineptitude at the FA and at a lot of clubs, I’d say we need more competent people in football - male or female.
    Nobody is debating that, and the two are not mutually exclusive. But you get KM on FA boards when you don't have enough women involved in the upper echelons of the game and need someone, anyone to provide a different perspective.

Also, given the FA has spent years spending silly money and giving all their power to the Premier League, given how many clubs are poorly run, and this is almost 100% by men, particularly old rich white men, perhaps it's time for a change.....
    From a different angle Meire’s time at Charlton is perfect training for the FA. Duchatelet took all the major decisions & gave limited control to Meire. She was like a general shop manager with a title of CEO. She was happy enough with that pretension & swan around the place like she had some status & control.

Similar the FA has no real power in comparison to the Premiership & stuffed full of incompetents who make many incomprehensible & stupid decisions for the limited things they have control of. I would say that Katrien Meire fits right in.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I think she's been monitoring the career of Heather Rabbatts who is surely the most high profile woman in football.

God help us all if Meire got that far up the ladder.

She’d be like a Rabbatts caught in headlights.
  • Options
    It’s going to be QPR
  • Options

Hate to break the bad news but KM is still CEO and director of Charlton Athletic, according to her LinkedIn profile or maybe she is applying the same attention to detail as she displayed in her epic tenure at Charlton.

Fascinating to hear where she turns up next, she is not one for learning from her mistakes. I can see some fun watching this unravel.

And according to this, but I expect the good folk at Companies House are on leave today.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02689249/officers
  • Options
    Still reckon this could be fake news. If true, wouldn't someone have announced something by now, which is surely day 1 in her "new role".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Still reckon this could be fake news. If true, wouldn't someone have announced something by now, which is surely day 1 in her "new role".

Give it 'til 5pm and I'll gladly be saying the same thing.
  • Options
    It will be a relief to watch her bugger up some other club rather than ours. I feel sorry for whichever one it is (unless its Millwall)
  • Options
    b great if its millwall but can't see it - if it was however i'd be worried that they would get added to network and he flogs both our grounds and merges us in a new ground on the dome. This is purely a theory and have heard nothing of the sort - my bet is on a position at the fa. And btw - if an owner provides an alternative ground, the valleyt can be sold for housing - we do not want that under any circumstances - no valley, no charlton for me.
  • Options

It’s going to be QPR

Maybe you missed it, but I checked with QPR Trust and they have no knowledge at all of a change of CEO, no discusssion about the need for one either. By now, they would surely know, if it was them.

It ought to come out in the wash today from somewhere, as Jan 1 is her starting date

• Options
    Has it been confirmed her new role is as CEO though?
  • Options
    They would love her at Palace.
  • Options
    How will anyone know if she has started...presumably she won't offend fans/players/sponsors on her first day?
  • Options
    Think we are forgetting 1 very important person in all this who is probably now jobless,her matchday goon in the directors box...whats happened to him i wonder?!
  • Options
    Wyn grant saying she could be on her way to Burton Albion!
  • Options
    Don't care where she goes as long as she's gone. Hope she never darkens the doors of The Valley again.