Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

johnny73 said:

She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.

She might tick a few boxes in a superficial manner, but posts in football are highly contested. I am told you can get up to 20 applications in an hour. Any club worthy of their league position will scrutinise her a little more closely than cozy chat and a cursory glance at a highly spun cv. The key points are as follows:

As guardian of a business: Millions of pounds were lost on her watch. She signed ridiculous contracts tying the club to players who were not up to standard. Charlton was left paying the wages of inadequate players who were shipped out to play for other teams. As a business woman she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As the leader of a sports club: The team dropped down the league and registered no cup successes. We are in a significantly worse position now than when she took over. She will leave the club with a paper thin squad that will desperately need bolstering if we are to achieve any success under the new owners. As the leader of a sports club she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As head of a service industry organisation: Her arrogance and inability to tell the truth exacerbated the problems stated above. She took a massive amount of goodwill and totally destroyed it. She tried to paint a false picture claiming that only 2% of the fans were unhappy. In truth, if 2% were happy it would be a miracle. There were massive demonstrations against her and attendances as season ticket sales plummeted. To the very end, she would still run back to the Belgian press to tell lies about her 'customers'. As head of a service industry organisation she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

Any guarantee of a decent position based on her track record would be the utmost folly.
    I don't disagree with the reality of what happened. But she will have an answer for each of those areas spun to place her in the best light.

I guess we will see when we find out where her new job is.
  • Options

My money would be a job at the FA , a 'token' female appointment nothing to do with ability.

Can't believe even the FA are that blinkered and stupid. Oh, wait ...
  • Options
    Well, I can't say any more than this, but it appears that like many others I will end up with egg on my face in terms of KM's next employment, and the way in which it has happened.

My gob remains smacked and I haven't heard anything previously unrevealed about her achievement as Charlton CEO, but there we are. That's football.
  • Options

Well, I can't say any more than this, but it appears that like many others I will end up with egg on my face in terms of KM's next employment, and the way in which it has happened.

My gob remains smacked and I haven't heard anything previously unrevealed about her achievement as Charlton CEO, but there we are. That's football.

Shit, she's bought the place hasn't she
    No she has gone, and starts the new role on Jan 1. So not long before we find out what it is (I don't know that).
  • Options
    2 QPR directors resigned at the beginning of December, coincidence?
  • Options

No she has gone, and starts the new role on Jan 1. So not long before we find out what it is (I don't know that).
    Which is the bit you do know, club or her role?
  • Options

Bit second class by the sounds of it, surely it’s got to be an EPL club (or the FA). First ever board member for diversity and inclusiveness at an EPL club - Chelsea or Arsenal maybe. You read it here first.

(Actually I have no idea, just intrigued by @PragueAddick’s comments that it will surprise us)
  • Options

As long as she has learnt from her time under RD - How good KM turns out in her next role, from a supporter's perspective, depends on what she is asked to do by the owner. She seems like a very loyal, if somewhat gullible, employee to me

You OK hun?

;-)
    Did that come over as a rant? It weren't intended to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks to her. She's gone. Good riddance.
  • Options
    surprised by this - my bet would be a token job with the FA
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Stig said:

johnny73 said:

She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.

She might tick a few boxes in a superficial manner, but posts in football are highly contested. I am told you can get up to 20 applications in an hour. Any club worthy of their league position will scrutinise her a little more closely than cozy chat and a cursory glance at a highly spun cv. The key points are as follows:

As guardian of a business: Millions of pounds were lost on her watch. She signed ridiculous contracts tying the club to players who were not up to standard. Charlton was left paying the wages of inadequate players who were shipped out to play for other teams. As a business woman she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As the leader of a sports club: The team dropped down the league and registered no cup successes. We are in a significantly worse position now than when she took over. She will leave the club with a paper thin squad that will desperately need bolstering if we are to achieve any success under the new owners. As the leader of a sports club she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As head of a service industry organisation: Her arrogance and inability to tell the truth exacerbated the problems stated above. She took a massive amount of goodwill and totally destroyed it. She tried to paint a false picture claiming that only 2% of the fans were unhappy. In truth, if 2% were happy it would be a miracle. There were massive demonstrations against her and attendances as season ticket sales plummeted. To the very end, she would still run back to the Belgian press to tell lies about her 'customers'. As head of a service industry organisation she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

Any guarantee of a decent position based on her track record would be the utmost folly.
    I don't disagree with the reality of what happened. But she will have an answer for each of those areas spun to place her in the best light.

I guess we will see when we find out where her new job is.
    I agree. As I was reading that I was unintentionally coming up with an excuse/justification for all those points so with the benefit of a couple of hours brainstorming she will have the interviewer eating out of her hand.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

surprised by this - my bet would be a token job with the FA

I would have thought the same.
  • Options

Role. CEO, and as I understood, a Championship club. In normal business terms, a classic example of a step upwards.

Same can be said of Joyes move ( in this case I know which club). But I wouldn't regard that as a controversial choice for the club concerned. I don't think he has done anything to incur our displeasure.

• Options

QPR would be a good shout.
    London Club - underground or taxi from London Bridge so no need to move.

Plus, can't quite see those designer scarves and the Louboutins going down in places like Bolton or Hull.
  • Options

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

I don’t disagree with any of that but there is a subtle difference between KM and Brady. KM is a qualified lawyer where as Brady failed to complete the degree she started. KM hasn’t shown that she is capable but I believe that she did want success for us but didn’t have a clue how to get it.

In my view Brady is much more arrogant and much more full of herself and much, much more of a chancer. She knew that she was better served working for the Sullivan and Gold and living off the back of their successes where as I believe that KM saw RD as a stepping stone because she was much more confident and willing to make it on her own.

I’m not trying to praise KM but I, actually, think that Brady is such a despicable specimen that I wouldn’t compare her to anyone.
    Yes I agree with all that. I'd add that she (Brady) displays a street-smart singleminded ruthlessness. You can't imagine her being in tears when she tells her staff she is leaving. But of course she has never left the employment of Gullivan anyway.

• Options
    Wasn’t Meire always looking to bring supporters in from west London/richer areas?
    Could make sense if she’s gone to QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Role. CEO, and as I understood, a Championship club. In normal business terms, a classic example of a step upwards.

Same can be said of Joyes move ( in this case I know which club). But I wouldn't regard that as a controversial choice for the club concerned. I don't think he has done anything to incur our displeasure.

Get down the bookies and place a large bet on them getting relegated next season (this if the side she goes to is in the bottom half when she joins)
  • Options

Gosh, consider my gob well and truly smacked. Though of course it’s only a step upwards now due to the horlicks she made of her last job.

Agree re Joyes.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    So we have journeyman players, managers/head coaches & now we can add CEOs to the list of careers in football that no matter how much you fail, you will continue to find new employment.
  • Options
    To be honest, as long as they keep a lid on Meire I don't see her being a visible problem for the fans. Her problem with us was the absentee landlord shoving her front and centre, allowing her lack of PR ability to show up. In terms of an appointment for another club, they can hire a qualified lawyer with CEO experience and stick her in an office, while being able to show that they have a more representative board. As long as they keep her away from transfer negotiations and there's someone in the room to shoot down suggestions like afternoon tea in the stadium she'll probably pass through without incident.

Her biggest hurdle is going to be adapting to 40+ hour work weeks and rush hour commutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Whoever she goes to watch Pitch go with her
  • Options
    QPR?

Didn’t their chairman get told to go, whilst looking down the wrong end of a shotgun?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

As long as she has learnt from her time under RD - How good KM turns out in her next role, from a supporter's perspective, depends on what she is asked to do by the owner. She seems like a very loyal, if somewhat gullible, employee to me

You OK hun?

;-)
    Not at all. It came across as balanced, compassionate and sincere. I thought it was a very fair comment.
  • Options

You OK hun?

;-)
    Not at all. It came across as balanced, compassionate and sincere. I thought it was a very fair comment.
    I'll give meself a whoooosh then