Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Remember the Peter Principle, so it must be Man City.
  • She would do well at Fulchester United

Or Harchester United
  • J BLOCK said:

Rob62 said:

Interesting to see this from someone who has first-hand experience of working with her, a lot more than most of the posters on here. While no one could deny she made some proper howlers while in charge, and it would be impossible to argue that she has done a good job under any metric, I think it's pretty clear that she was put in an impossible situation from day one.
    Do me a favour - no one forced her to say the things she’s said and done the things she’s done, whilst Roland hasn’t helped her, shes more than dug her own grave
    Exactly this. Meire showed a distinct lack of respect for the history of the club, failed to understand the value of fans and football as a whole. She personally made a number of a naive decisions and comments which caused further division and upset with the fan base.

We need a full timeline of events under RD to make sure nobody rewrites history.

Or Harchester United
    She’s too unbelievable, even for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Reckon she might have gone Bournemouth.
  • Rob62 said:

Interesting to see this from someone who has first-hand experience of working with her, a lot more than most of the posters on here. While no one could deny she made some proper howlers while in charge, and it would be impossible to argue that she has done a good job under any metric, I think it's pretty clear that she was put in an impossible situation from day one.
    Agreed.

If someone is put in a position they don't belong in, that is down to management, plain and simple.
  • are people really sticking up for her? Weird.

Unique {..}
  • edited December 2017

are people really sticking up for her? Weird.

I don't know that anyone is sticking up for her. Saying "she was put in an impossible situation" and yet failed every test nonetheless is not sticking up for her. Her being terrible at her job and her being put in a job she didn't belong in with no support are not mutually exclusive. It's like saying "she could have done better (obviously), but even 'better' would not have been good enough."
  • Nicholas said:

Some dirty old bastard chairman will employ her, one that has got close to her at meetings and laughed at all her jokes etc and now this is his chance to get closer. Was it the Walsall chairman who was on her side not long ago, may have it wrong though.

Yeah, he'll be in for a big surprise when he realises.
  • wow well what we will shorlty see is turnover of managers, the relegation, the failed court cases is all the fault of those nasty protesters. I for one look forward to KM succeed in her new role and prove the 2 percent wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Director of Communications.
  • edited December 2017
    It’s Barnstoneworth United......Gordon Ottershaw has just posted on the BU web site.....it’s official.
  • MrOneLung said:

No different from failed managers walking into another job.

Completely different. Most managers/coaches have a certain amount of competence and have a track record of some success in their jobs and needed to start afresh. I have seen no evidence of success or competence from Miere.
  • sm said:

Remember the Peter Principle, so it must be Man City.

The Peter Principle kicked in for Katrien when she was working in "Waffles are us" as a Saturday girl in Brussels in 2001.
  • Dave2l said:

Reckon she might have gone Bournemouth.

Do you think Yann put in a good word for her...
  • She was out of her depth on day one. But in the end, she was working for RD and danced to his tune. She reminds me a lot, in both position and style, to Trump's press secretary.
  • at her next club she won't have uncle roly to hide behind
  • cafc999 said:

at her next club she won't have uncle roly to hide behind

Why not? There are a lot of dreadful owners. Maybe she can find one worse, like SISU.