Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• You'd have to be some special kind of idiot to employ her given what's gone on here.

"So Katrien tell me about your time in English football so far......."
  • cafc999 said:

I reckon Burton Albion as thats were her only fan in football is involved (Jez Moxey)

She can then also say that she has progressed as they are a championship club.

I know the Chairman of Burton Albion and would be amazed it if was them.
  • Probably Forest Green Rovers. Weird Unique old place already, she’d fit right in.
  • @Airman Brown what do you make of that? (KM going to another English club)

If that's true, it is more insane than Trump in the White House. But I suppose even the Shopper has some minimal journalistic standards that would demand some diligence was carried out on such a preposterous story?

Apart from anything else I'd be staggered if she wanted to stay in the UK, surely she'd want to scuttle back to Belgium where her "talent" would be more appreciated? And didn't she invest in a house over there?

And if true, when did she start looking for a new job, and when did she open talks with a new employer.

Sorry, in the real world, this doesn't add up. But, Trump...

My employer, friends and family had no idea I was job hunting when I landed my last job.

Sometimes people keep it to themselves to reduce pressure on themselves in interviews etc.

Meire has likely strolled straight into a job based solely on her FA position.
  • Taking this report at face value, it doesn't say that her new role is CEO.

If fact it doesn't say what the role is at all or even hint at it. So people saying that it could be some kind of intermediary is a possibility, but then it might also be a washer woman, she has experience of laundry matters after all.
  • Whoever it is has my deepest sympathy
  • I'd be amazed if it wasn't around London and the South east
  • Sponsored links:

• There must be millions of English league club fans offering up prayers this morning that it's not their team.

• Let's see if it replies. Although I suspect their twitter account is managed by a bot. :-)
    probably saving that for another days news.
  • She has to work somewhere as long as it’s absolutely nothing to do with us and not to our detriment that’s fine with me. Hopefully it will be one of the teams above us in this division, that way there’ll be one more place for us to aim for.
    I actually think this story is just a slow news day at the Newshopper, probably more like she wants another job at an English club. Seriously what owner wants their club ruined? She couldn’t even arrange car park pot holes to be filled let alone run a multi million pound business. She won’t have an uncle to help her at another English club,hopefully.
  • edited December 2017
    If true, it could be some newly-created "diversity in football" role at an EPL club, but without any real executive responsibility. Pure speculation on my part though.
  • Dazzler21 said:

@Airman Brown what do you make of that? (KM going to another English club)

If that's true, it is more insane than Trump in the White House. But I suppose even the Shopper has some minimal journalistic standards that would demand some diligence was carried out on such a preposterous story?

Apart from anything else I'd be staggered if she wanted to stay in the UK, surely she'd want to scuttle back to Belgium where her "talent" would be more appreciated? And didn't she invest in a house over there?

And if true, when did she start looking for a new job, and when did she open talks with a new employer.

My employer, friends and family had no idea I was job hunting when I landed my last job.

Sometimes people keep it to themselves to reduce pressure on themselves in interviews etc.

Meire has likely strolled straight into a job based solely on her FA position.
    Of course, a normal employee wants to keep a job search confidential, and is entitled to do so.

But that would mean she had given up on Roland several months ago.

The Belgium 20 tweeted that RD had demanded of all buyers that they keep her on, and all refused. However I can no longer find that tweet, deleted?

Oh well, time will tell who is telling porkies...
  • Not sure why there is such scepticism. News Shopper are generally very good for Charlton news and I'm sure they know they would look a bit silly if they put this story out and then she ends up working at a McDonalds or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• She has to work somewhere as long as it’s absolutely nothing to do with us and not to our detriment that’s fine with me. Hopefully it will be one of the teams above us in this division, that way there’ll be one more place for us to aim for.
    I actually think this story is just a slow news day at the Newshopper, probably more like she wants another job at an English club. Seriously what owner wants their club ruined? She couldn’t even arrange car park pot holes to be filled let alone run a multi million pound business. She won’t have an uncle to help her at another English club,hopefully.

What if, she has learnt from her mistakes?

Big IF
  • Leyton Orient

Extremely unlikely. Danny Macklin joined the O’s as CEO only 2 months ago
  • I would doubt the Shopper has posted that without being confident it is true.
  • @Airman Brown what do you make of that? (KM going to another English club)

Doesn’t surprise me at all. Look at Steve Waggott, Steve Bradshaw, Andrew Mills - people get jobs in football because they have had jobs in football.

The larger test is how long they last.
    Tim Sherwood, David Moyes, Stuart Pearce, Gary Megson, Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce.

It's all an old boys club where success and failure doesn't matter, it's who your mates are.
  • Stig said:

It just beggars belief that anyone in football would even consider her. What must the interview have bee like.

Interviewer: What experience do you have in football?

Meire: I am CEO at Charlton Athletic.

Interviewer: Ah yes, so I see. Can you tell me about your achievements there?

Meire: I put a sofa by the pitch, we had a house DJ in one of the lounges and I was responsible for engaging a prestigious PR company to enhance our reputation.

Interviewer: And what happened with those things?

Meire: The sofa got ripped up by fans who didn't appreciate our forward thinking. The house DJ was perhaps a little too progressive for Charlton, but it could work for your club. And the club was consistently in the press. The reach of those articles was magnificent. I once had a Spurs supporting cabbie who told me that he wished his club was as well run as Charlton.

Interviewer: What about your involvement on the playing side?

Meire: I was responsible for all the transfers. I didn't need no help. I did it all on my own like a little Wonder Woman.

Interviewer: How many players did you sign?

Meire: 2,763

Interviewer: And were any of them any good?

Meire: Oh yes, one of them went on to be the highest scoring player for Charlton Athletic in the 2015-16 season. He got three goals you know. Not bad, eh? Then there was one that I sold the Standard Leige, that was a tricky one but I somehow pulled it off. Oh yes, and Blackburn Rovers. They once took one of our players on loan. I took him up there by myself by train. We met the Venkys. Awfully nice people and they've got some great ideas about football. Would you like me to introduce you?

Interviewer: Err, let's move on shall we. With all those new players, how did the team do?

Meire: Oh brilliantly. I got them into League One at only the second attempt. That's the best league isn't it. And we're seventh now. The fans love that because it's the most exciting place in the league, all the will we won't we. They love it, it's all good.

Interviewer: So, what were the financials like?

Meire: I'm very good with money. Under me the business had a terrific turnover. I reckon that on average I was getting through a turnover of £10m a year.

Interviewer: With that turnover you must have made a healthy profit.

Meire: Oh no, we didn't make no profit. Actually, when I said turnover what I actually meant was loss. Bit unique me saying that really.

Interviewer: You lost £10m a year. That doesn't sound encouraging.

Meire: It's alright. I spoke to uncle Roly. He told me that he could offset some of it against tax. Anything that didn't just went into a big black hole to be taken on by the next 'mug punter' as he liked to call them.

Interviewer: I see. Tell me about relations with fans, or perhaps customers we might like to call them?

Meire: Well it's weird. But everyone loved me. I can't believe just how well they took to me. They used to gather at the back of the stand and chant my name. It's like I was a goddess and they were worshiping me.

Interviewer: I've seen attendance figures and they suggest that people stopped going to Charlton.

Meire: I know, I think it was all a bit too much for some of them. Seeing me there and knowing how brilliant I am. And then at the end of the match they'd all have to trudge back to their wretched little supporter lives knowing that I'd be in the directors lounge sharing vol-au-vents with the beautiful people. I don't think they could take it.

Interviewer: Miss Meire, I don't want to sound to harsh but reading between the lines, it seems that you were a stooge for your... errrr... 'uncle'. The only ideas you had were hopelessly out of touch with the needs of the business. You hired a string of useless players who got relegated. You lost millions of pounds and the fans all hated you. Is there anything you'd like to say to convince me that you're are the right person for this vacancy?

Meire: Well, I am a woman.

Interviewer: That's it! A woman. Do you know, you can't put a price on token feminine appointments you know. The press will love this. We can get free publicity in Femail and get Jenni Murray to interview you on the radio. Miss Meire, if you'd like to job, it's yours. Tell me when can you start? We've a lot of work to do, so the sooner the better.

Meire: Well, thank you very much. Let me see now. I'm going home to Belgium for New Year. Then I've got an extended holiday in Dubai. Then in March I'm off to LA to see the Oscars, I'm hoping to get a place standing next to the red carpet, I think people should be able to see me on the t.v. I should be free about the 12th March. I'll see you bright an early in the morning, shall we say 11.30am?

Interviewer: Welcome to South Norwood Under 7s, Miss Meire.

Genuinely laughing out loud at this
  • I think it will be Manchester City with the rest of the premier league sponsoring her wages.