Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    cafc999 said:

at her next club she won't have uncle roly to hide behind

Yep, there will be no Eurostar visits and emergency interviews when she's under pressure. I doubt there will be a Murray figure masquerading as a fan whilst pushing out the same old lies..

On the other hand, I'd be curious to watch her performance and see (a) if she's capable of learning from the last 4 years, or (b) whether she's able to perform better without being shepherded by a nutter who thinks he's the second coming of Alan Turing.
  • Options
    She would have to be a vegan to join Forest Green.
  • Options
    Luton Chairman post is vacant.
  • Options
    Role in a football in the community scheme at Arsenal or Fulham based on all her good work with our community trust is my guess
  • Options
    I'd find it astonishing for a club to employ her as CEO, but that's not what the article says. It simply refers to a job at another club.

She was way out of her depth in her last role, she may be better suited to a smaller role in a larger club, for example.

That said, it's hardly been earned, which suggests to me she'll be employed by one of those men who fell for her charms.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

J BLOCK said:

Stig said:

Under her watch fans were actually attacked by her minders, taken to court on bullshit assembled by her PR company, told older fans weren't wanted and that her boss owned the company and could do what he wanted ------ she and her arse wipe PR spine doctors can't hide behind the "only taking orders" bollox ----- we know what you are and what you did.

"Only taking orders" - only giving them more like. Here she is briefing one of her goons:

Meire & BG (1 of 1)
    All of you that stick of Murray I hope you see this picture, him sitting next to Meire as she gives orders that resulted in fans being assaulted. Fuck of Murray.
    His "Q&A" back in Jan 2016 was the final straw for me. Little more than a PR Piece that was disguised as a message aimed at the fans; was full of inaccuracies, and could logically be picked apart in half hour or so.

He nailed his colours to the mast with that one, and not only was he complicit in this whole sordid affair, he did so from a genuine position of trust; which is entirely unforgivable. At least Miere & Co had no alleged connections or passion with the club.

If the allegations that he was pivotal in Varney's previous approaches being ignored are true, then he truly is a snake. Not only did he place his own status above the good of the club when he got in to bed with the Belgians, but he placed his own pettiness and grudges above the good of the club when he blocked Varney.

I don't wish anything nasty on the chap, but his reputational credit is now empty, and it's time for him to enjoy his retirement.
    Well said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

I'd find it astonishing for a club to employ her as CEO, but that's not what the article says. It simply refers to a job at another club.

She was way out of her depth in her last role, she may be better suited to a smaller role in a larger club, for example.

That said, it's hardly been earned, which suggests to me she'll be employed by one of those men who fell for her charms.

I heard Millwall have the dirtiest toilets in the league and she has convinced them she is up to the job of cleaning them. I suppose they have nothing to lose really.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    rikofold said:

If it is to happen then that is the most likely scenario for me.

She has engineered a quite impressive number of contacts in the English game through her appointment to and attendance at FA Council meetings and in boardrooms up and down the Country.

At a Fan Forum meeting earlier in the year she was waxing lyrical about 'maximising data currency.'
    This is what you get from Meire - she is more marketing really than anything else and its easy to see how she could talk herself into offers from clubs looking at different ways of interacting with fans - that is treat them purely as customers and get a sea-change in the relationship between the club product and its consumer which will in turn attract a new audience more suited to the match-day experience on offer.

Any club which takes her on does so at its peril because there some lessons she never ever learned.

That is
    You cannot dismiss the history of a football club nor the emotional attachment of its fans in your decision making. If she goes to another club then, in whatever capacity, she is doomed to repeat these errors.

• Options
    As long as she has learnt from her time under RD - How good KM turns out in her next role, from a supporter's perspective, depends on what she is asked to do by the owner. She seems like a very loyal, if somewhat gullible, employee to me
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Can't help but think the reports she will join another club is PR spin to disguise the likelihood she was fired by Roland because he realised she was toxic as far as a potential sale was concerned. Most, if not all, English clubs will be aware of how divisive she has been, and while some ageing chairman might like to have her to drool over, even they will realise she is mot worth the effort.

Despite her long history of gaffes and cock-ups, Roland has been so loyal to Dozy Daisy - I doubt that she's been fired.

Miere's always been proud of the fact that she's held a prominent role at an English club, so probably desperate to continue her 'football' career in England.
    She's leaving at the same time as David Joyes, so it all points to the decks being cleared fopr big change coming to the club.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Despite her inadequacies it is no shame to not be wanted by a very rich individual or consortium when they buy a private business for many millions of pounds.

Surely who ever buys the club will want either a more hands on roll or someone that they choose to run it.

The same might be true of the first team manager but certainly you wouldn’t want Roland’s ‘friend’ running it for you.

The fact that the CFO has also gone suggests that the new owners have the nucleus of the team they want already lined up.

Also on her moving on. She took a lot of flack that would/could/should have been aimed at Roland and she never bad mouthed him in public. There is a real value to having someone like that run your business for you, especially if you intend to do some unpopular things.
  • Options

As long as she has learnt from her time under RD - How good KM turns out in her next role, from a supporter's perspective, depends on what she is asked to do by the owner. She seems like a very loyal, if somewhat gullible, employee to me

You OK hun?

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    johnny73 said:

She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.

But surely any prospective employer will do their homework and she would soon be rumbled?
    Unless she is `given' a role I don't see how she could progress in football.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

But surely any prospective employer will do their homework and she would soon be rumbled?
    Which is exactly why she seems to have spent most of her (admittedly four-hour) working days, not to mention CAFC money, removing negative newspaper comment etc from Google search results.
  • Options

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

But she is likely to want to show that she is the real deal and not a Duchatalet stooge. So if she can go with a glowing reference and a six-month pay-off, she has time for the dust to settle and for some slobbering old chairman to hire her to show how modern his club are. If she hung around for the inevitable axe to fall post Roland then she would be tarnished and a lot of dirt would probably come out about how the club was run. By going now it is damage limitation to her reputation. If she lands another senior job in English football we need to warn the fans of the club concerned what to expect ...
  • Options
    Well she's history now as far as we're concerned, and nobody cares about that, do they?
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Remember we are biased football fans, led by a few with an agenda, who do not have the bigger picture. She was loyal to her employer and was simply following orders. She took a lot of the flak (for the organization). Her comments were taken out of context and twisted by emotional customers. In an interview scenario she might even throw Duche under the bus and explain how she would have made decisions differently etc.

In an interview scenario if she answers the questions posed reasonably then on a points basis they might not have any option but to offer her the job.

Unfortunately anything can be spun. I've seen loads of people progress who haven't got a clue. I don't see this as any different.
  • Options
    My money would be a job at the FA , a 'token' female appointment nothing to do with ability.
  • Options

My money would be a job at the FA , a 'token' female appointment nothing to do with ability.

Woe betide anyone who speaks out about such an appointment...

(Even if such an appointment risks severely undermining women in football, not only as her CV would underline the "tokenism" at work, but also because she's likely to be an abject failure.)