Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Stig said:

johnny73 said:

She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.

She might tick a few boxes in a superficial manner, but posts in football are highly contested. I am told you can get up to 20 applications in an hour. Any club worthy of their league position will scrutinise her a little more closely than cozy chat and a cursory glance at a highly spun cv. The key points are as follows:

As guardian of a business: Millions of pounds were lost on her watch. She signed ridiculous contracts tying the club to players who were not up to standard. Charlton was left paying the wages of inadequate players who were shipped out to play for other teams. As a business woman she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As the leader of a sports club: The team dropped down the league and registered no cup successes. We are in a significantly worse position now than when she took over. She will leave the club with a paper thin squad that will desperately need bolstering if we are to achieve any success under the new owners. As the leader of a sports club she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As head of a service industry organisation: Her arrogance and inability to tell the truth exacerbated the problems stated above. She took a massive amount of goodwill and totally destroyed it. She tried to paint a false picture claiming that only 2% of the fans were unhappy. In truth, if 2% were happy it would be a miracle. There were massive demonstrations against her and attendances as season ticket sales plummeted. To the very end, she would still run back to the Belgian press to tell lies about her 'customers'. As head of a service industry organisation she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

Any guarantee of a decent position based on her track record would be the utmost folly.
    I don't disagree with the reality of what happened. But she will have an answer for each of those areas spun to place her in the best light.

I guess we will see when we find out where her new job is.
    She’s a lawyer, trained to tell untruths and make convincing arguments out of straw. I’m sure she’ll be brilliant in a job interview situation at spinning her achievements and deflecting any criticisms
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

johnny73 said:

She is confident in her own ability. Has three years experience as a CEO which she can spin into a positive in an interview. Will get a glowing reference from her former employer. Ticks all the experience and qualifications boxes on an application form. If she gives a good interview I believe all the above gets her an interview and into consideration for a high level job. If she applied for a job where other candidates are weak and/ or they apply personnel criteria to the letter of the law then she would almost be guaranteed to get a decent position.
    She has played a significant role in f#*king up the club but in the modern world she will thrive.

She might tick a few boxes in a superficial manner, but posts in football are highly contested. I am told you can get up to 20 applications in an hour. Any club worthy of their league position will scrutinise her a little more closely than cozy chat and a cursory glance at a highly spun cv. The key points are as follows:

As guardian of a business: Millions of pounds were lost on her watch. She signed ridiculous contracts tying the club to players who were not up to standard. Charlton was left paying the wages of inadequate players who were shipped out to play for other teams. As a business woman she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As the leader of a sports club: The team dropped down the league and registered no cup successes. We are in a significantly worse position now than when she took over. She will leave the club with a paper thin squad that will desperately need bolstering if we are to achieve any success under the new owners. As the leader of a sports club she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

As head of a service industry organisation: Her arrogance and inability to tell the truth exacerbated the problems stated above. She took a massive amount of goodwill and totally destroyed it. She tried to paint a false picture claiming that only 2% of the fans were unhappy. In truth, if 2% were happy it would be a miracle. There were massive demonstrations against her and attendances as season ticket sales plummeted. To the very end, she would still run back to the Belgian press to tell lies about her 'customers'. As head of a service industry organisation she clearly demonstrated herself to be an abject failure.

Any guarantee of a decent position based on her track record would be the utmost folly.
    I don't disagree with the reality of what happened. But she will have an answer for each of those areas spun to place her in the best light.

She’s a lawyer, trained to tell untruths and make convincing arguments out of straw. I’m sure she’ll be brilliant in a job interview situation at spinning her achievements and deflecting any criticisms
    Maybe but how can anyone in football be unaware of the appalling mess that she has made at Charlton ?

& my guess is that she has been head hunted.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

johnny73 said:

Maybe but how can anyone in football be unaware of the appalling mess that she has made at Charlton ?

& my guess is that she has been head hunted.
    Whereas genius always has limits, stupidity is boundless.

There will always be those who disregard the opinions of thousands, dismissing us as mere football fans, and assuming there cannot be any real truth in the complaints because KM has kept her job in the face of 2 years of protests. Let's see how long she lasts in her next post.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I think she will get a job within days if she does not already have it.

Some here are under the belief that most club owners (other than RD) want to win. The fact is many just want to break-even or stop the losses. Under RD and KM, CAFC have probably lost less money than most teams in the Championship or League One. Last year was probably profitable if you count the sale of Lookman. The year before CAFC lost just £3M after selling Pope, et all. Not losing much money while dropping a league might well be a positive resume point, not a bad one, for many owners.

There is a guy named Jez Moxey, who was CEO of Wolves for years. They also dropped a league but he made them break-even under the ownership of Steve Morgan. Once Morgan sold, Jez got a job within 24 hours and had many offers. He wound up at Norwich. Why? Because he knows how to not lose money, or at least minimize it.

He got dumped from Norwich when fans got tired of him like we got sick of KM. But that does not mean there are not plenty of owners who will line up for their services. Unfortunately. Owners who place winning above money are rare, not the norm. Whether a CEO won or not is probably not a high concern of most owners.
  • Options

It's already confirmed that she has another job with an English club.
  • Options
    She is just a poor mans Dowie.

She speaks well but cannit deliver.

Give it a few months in her new job and her paymasters and customers will soon suss her out.

• Options
    She's going to Whiteha

Well, I can't say any more than this, but it appears that like many others I will end up with egg on my face in terms of KM's next employment, and the way in which it has happened.

My gob remains smacked and I haven't heard anything previously unrevealed about her achievement as Charlton CEO, but there we are. That's football.

Shit, she's bought the place hasn't she
    No she has gone, and starts the new role on Jan 1. So not long before we find out what it is (I don't know that).
    Which is the bit you do know, club or her role?
    Role. CEO, and as I understood, a Championship club. In normal business terms, a classic example of a step upwards.

Same can be said of Joyes move ( in this case I know which club). But I wouldn't regard that as a controversial choice for the club concerned. I don't think he has done anything to incur our displeasure.

Please, please, please be Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some here are under the belief that most club owners (other than RD) want to win. The fact is many just want to break-even or stop the losses. Under RD and KM, CAFC have probably lost less money than most teams in the Championship or League One. Last year was probably profitable if you count the sale of Lookman. The year before CAFC lost just £3M after selling Pope, et all. Not losing much money while dropping a league might well be a positive resume point, not a bad one, for many owners.

There is a guy named Jez Moxey, who was CEO of Wolves for years. They also dropped a league but he made them break-even under the ownership of Steve Morgan. Once Morgan sold, Jez got a job within 24 hours and had many offers. He wound up at Norwich. Why? Because he knows how to not lose money, or at least minimize it.

He got dumped from Norwich when fans got tired of him like we got sick of KM. But that does not mean there are not plenty of owners who will line up for their services. Unfortunately. Owners who place winning above money are rare, not the norm. Whether a CEO won or not is probably not a high concern of most owners.

It’s a matter of record that the club lost about £14m in 2015/16. The comprehensive loss was lower because the assets were revalued but the cash effect of that was nil. The loss to be funded was £14m.
    Don't do it Airman. He'll now add the £14m to the enterprise value of £77m
    Plus the 3.5% interest on the loan.

Compound of course.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2017

It’s a matter of record that the club lost about £14m in 2015/16. The comprehensive loss was lower because the assets were revalued but the cash effect of that was nil. The loss to be funded was £14m.
    What’s the enterprise value again ? :smiley::wink:
  • Options

You know, if you want me to rub it in when I am proven correct or when the deal implodes over valuation or he keeps the debt, or it sells for what I said it would, just lemme know, and by all means I can do that for you. But you asking me to "stop" and then you yourself keep reopening the door, so... you lemme know how you want to go about this and I will oblige. The ball is in your court.
  • Options
    It's funny ain't it really , KM is supposedly a lawyer of some kind but instead chooses to earn a living by robbing wages off football clubs but doesn't have a clue about football.
  • Options
    Surely Delia hasn't head hunted another female to join her in the Boardroom !
  • Options

You know, if you want me to rub it in when I am proven correct or when the deal implodes over valuation or he keeps the debt, or it sells for what I said it would, just lemme know, and by all means I can do that for you. But you asking me to "stop" and then you yourself keep reopening the door, so... you lemme know how you want to go about this and I will oblige. The ball is in your court.
    I want to carry on making jokes about your weird maths.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

She's going to Whiteha

Well, I can't say any more than this, but it appears that like many others I will end up with egg on my face in terms of KM's next employment, and the way in which it has happened.

My gob remains smacked and I haven't heard anything previously unrevealed about her achievement as Charlton CEO, but there we are. That's football.

Shit, she's bought the place hasn't she
    No she has gone, and starts the new role on Jan 1. So not long before we find out what it is (I don't know that).
    Which is the bit you do know, club or her role?
    Role. CEO, and as I understood, a Championship club. In normal business terms, a classic example of a step upwards.

Same can be said of Joyes move ( in this case I know which club). But I wouldn't regard that as a controversial choice for the club concerned. I don't think he has done anything to incur our displeasure.

Please, please, please be Millwall
    It clearly isn't as it would involve the departure of Steve Kavanagh, and we'd have heard about that by now. Yes of course I would happily see them swap, but RD has said they have no short term replacement, so that remains a fantasy.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I spoke to kav about her in the boardroom at Oldham I genuinely do miss wish he as still an addick
  • Options

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

We need more women in football.
  • Options

Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

I know for a fact she is considered a joke in football circles.Apparently though, she is of the opinion she has done a great job at Charlton, and she is quick to boast about it. Apparently her football knowledge is up there with that other woman whose Dad printed some of Sullivan’s dirty mags, Karen Brady. Mind you, in a recent interview Brady said she got to the top working for a magazine and becoming their top salesperson, so selective memory does help.

No mention of the role of a snooker table, I suppose? But of course that is just scurrilous rumour. :wink:

But it's instructive to look at the 'example' of Brady. One of her most outrageous self-PR conceits is that she is a champion of small businesses. This is how her Tory friends promote her. In fact she has always been a hired hand, a loyal, life-time employee for Gullivan. That is why I am very surprised if the umbilical cord between RD and Meire has been cut. I am still a bit sceptical, especially if it is being presented as her choice. RD was her passport to a highly lucrative lifetime career where the only KPIs she would need to deliver would be whatever RD himself dictated. She surely knew that very well, since she showed intense loyalty in implementing his plan, no matter how mad it is.

Why?

For equality reasons?

Surely we need more Sikhs as they are under represented? How about the number of transgender coaches? It's a disgrace, I'm not aware of one.

I'm so offended because of the lack of Jehovas Witnesses in the game. It's a typical sign of the misogynistic attitude towards those of a minority in the beautiful game.
    I think the problem with having minority 'groups' represented anywhere is that they are scrutinised due to their rarity. Sadly Katrien lets the female population down on many counts. Not only is she incompetent at her job but she uses her gender as a way to get sympathy when she's shouted at by fans.
    And appears able to "do a Gwyneth Paltrow "when it suits her.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

SDAddick said:

masicat said:

Competent women
    Agree, sorry I thought that was implied.

When we're looking around football and Katrien and Karen Brady are arguably the two most prominent women in the game, that's a problem.