Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options

What Wednesday need to ease the blow of the impending shyte years ahead is a nice sofa to watch it on!

Without wanting to take away from the many successes KM brought to the club, I believe that the sofa was Tone's idea. At least, that is what he told me when I first met him. This was before sofa was installed and he spoke with a lot of enthusiasm about it being a great way to engage with the fans. I suggested that Charlton may not be the sort of club that would embrace such an innovative concept but he was convinced. History has proved that he was right and I was wrong. In the end, fans embraced the sofa with a great deal of enthusiasm and passion.
    When the history of the protests is written the despicable human being who first attacked the sofa will go down in infamy.
    When I looked back at the recording of that moment after the match I couldn't work out who that individual was. Seemed a right scallywag though.
  • Options

What Wednesday need to ease the blow of the impending shyte years ahead is a nice sofa to watch it on!

Without wanting to take away from the many successes KM brought to the club, I believe that the sofa was Tone's idea. At least, that is what he told me when I first met him. This was before sofa was installed and he spoke with a lot of enthusiasm about it being a great way to engage with the fans. I suggested that Charlton may not be the sort of club that would embrace such an innovative concept but he was convinced. History has proved that he was right and I was wrong. In the end, fans embraced the sofa with a great deal of enthusiasm and passion.
    When the history of the protests is written the despicable human being who first attacked the sofa will go down in infamy.
    When I looked back at the recording of that moment after the match I couldn't work out who that individual was. Seemed a right scallywag though.
    Scallywag is a good name for them.

Sadly, no one at the club could identify the culprit either
  • Options

I for one miss her

Well, you were anti the protests
    Firstly my comment about missing her was a joke......
    The smiley emoji is your friend Paulie failing which one of these :-)
  • Options

I for one miss her

Firstly my comment about missing her was a joke

Secondly I was never anti Protest, I just made a comment about not getting a certain came called off as I had paid over £45 and actually wanted to watch the game and support my team, not spend £45 on a game that was called off due to fans.
    Yeah, that was exactly what you said at the time and you never critised the protests or protesters at all.
  • Options
    Tea, cakes and now soft furnishings. There's no end to the mans talents, wasted here I tell thee, feckin wasted.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I for one miss her

Take more time, feint with the jab then catch her with an overhand right.

(I hasten to add that was a joke)

Then one downstairs - not below the belt though

• Options

I for one miss her

Secondly I was never anti Protest, I just made a comment about not getting a certain came called off as I had paid over £45 and actually wanted to watch the game and support my team, not spend £45 on a game that was called off due to fans.
    Should have come to me for the £45
  • Options
    Nug said:

I for one miss her

Remind me again how many games were called off due to the protests?
    None but this was before a game(cant remember which) when fans were trying to get the game called off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't blame the results on her but she'll come unstuck when she has to deal with the fans' reaction to them.

Stop being so blooming sensible.

Of course the results are her fault!
  • Options

Nug said:

I for one miss her

None but this was before a game(cant remember which) when fans were trying to get the game called off
    No ifs, no buts?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Nug said:

I for one miss her

It was the one where you paid £45 for an £18 ticket :wink:
    Suppose that what i get for buying from
    www.IamRolandsBackPocket.com
  • Options
    lolwray said:

bobmunro said:

I for one miss her

Take more time, feint with the jab then catch her with an overhand right.

(I hasten to add that was a joke)

That's called foreplay in Sheffield
    'Go down pub,
    Drink ten pints,
    Get absolutely plastered,
    Go back home............'
  • Options

“Attacked” is such a harsh word. I think “overzealous stroking of a treasured artefact” would be fairer. And let’s face it, we’ve all been there. :wink:
  • Options
    I heard she was going to the very pinnacle of the English game and she would have the last laugh on all those nasty sexist racist charlton life members.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I always wondered what happened to the metal springs and wooden frame of that sofa, all that was left as far as I could see, was a load of old fluff.
  • Options

Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it infamy
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it infamy
  • Options

After seeing what was left of the sofa I would suggest 'attacked' is a slight over dramatization of the event. But then History is written by the victors.

Two cushions appear to have been wantonly destroyed - I do remember seeing a photograph of the main protagonist with his hands in the air as the police intervened.

Nevertheless perhaps a statue of said heroic warrior outside the Covered End would be a more appropriate homage than a mere promote.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Addickted said:

After seeing what was left of the sofa I would suggest 'attacked' is a slight over dramatization of the event. But then History is written by the victors.

Two cushions appear to have been wantonly destroyed - I do remember seeing a photograph of the main protagonist with his hands in the air as the police intervened.

Nevertheless perhaps a statue of said heroic warrior outside the Covered End would be a more appropriate homage than a mere promote.
    When Hollywood recreates the epic tale of the battle to oust Roland, I'm sure the sofa will be properly destroyed!
  • Options

Addickted said:

When Hollywood recreates the epic tale of the battle to oust Roland, I'm sure the sofa will be properly destroyed!
    For some reason I have a picture of a sofa spring and our Chief Operating Officer in my head.......