Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options

londonowl said:

I would be surprised if the survey is KM's doing. Has been the rhetoric of our owner from day one. You can either pay higher prices or not have any investment.

A fan's forum was held recently, ostensibly on exactly the same subject.

It's all a smokescreen so when new ST prices are announced, the press release can say that the prices allow for continued investment in the club and have been supported by the fans in recent fan surveys and forums.

To be honest, KM hasn't done anything to offend anyone yet. Unfortunately, an aging overpaid squad with basically the entire first team out to long term injuries is causing most of our current problems.

I'm sure it's her doing.

I posted this on the other thread:

Any owls fans looking in I can assure you this is her doing. It has Miere written all over it. It hits all the things she cares about 'match day experience' etc without actually hitting any of the main issues I.e. what happens on the pitch.
    Whilst you obviously have experience of KM, you can't assure anyone of anything.

No disrespect but whilst you know significantly more about KM than me, I know significantly more about how SWFC operated before KM joined.

There will doubtless be plenty of sticks to beat KM with in the future, this isn't one of them. It is exactly how the club has operated for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    londonowl said:

londonowl said:

I would be surprised if the survey is KM's doing. Has been the rhetoric of our owner from day one. You can either pay higher prices or not have any investment.

It's all a smokescreen so when new ST prices are announced, the press release can say that the prices allow for continued investment in the club and have been supported by the fans in recent fan surveys and forums.

To be honest, KM hasn't done anything to offend anyone yet. Unfortunately, an aging overpaid squad with basically the entire first team out to long term injuries is causing most of our current problems.

I'm sure it's her doing.

Any owls fans looking in I can assure you this is her doing. It has Miere written all over it. It hits all the things she cares about 'match day experience' etc without actually hitting any of the main issues I.e. what happens on the pitch.
    Whilst you obviously have experience of KM, you can't assure anyone of anything.

No disrespect but whilst you know significantly more about KM than me, I know significantly more about how SWFC operated before KM joined.

There will doubtless be plenty of sticks to beat KM with in the future, this isn't one of them. It is exactly how the club has operated for the last 3 years.
    Your new boss has all the makings of an appointment by squirrel face(Meire).
  • Options
    londonowl said:

londonowl said:

I'm sure it's her doing.

She's certainly has fallen on her feet with her new job then.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

londonowl said:

londonowl said:

I'm sure it's her doing.

Your new boss has all the makings of an appointment by squirrel face(Meire).
    How that works out remains to be seen but he is known in Germany as the 'promotion expert' having coached 3 teams out of the second tier across 6 seasons. It's an unusual appointment but no more left field than our last one. Again, I'm not saying this is nothing to do with KM but the guy comes with a decent pedigree so it's not a stick to beat her with.

I understand that many Charlton fans will be desperate to see her fail and will see ill in everything that comes out of our club. I am no fan of KM but I'm not going to go around trying to put the boot in at every decision made by the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Londonowl I agree with your wait and see stance. I accept that these surveys of Owls fans are an annual event, but this one seems both amateurish and with an underlying drive to find a way to milk the fans to the max. This survey might be part of a pattern, but this particular survey will have been signed off by Meire and it might be worth being very mindful of that.
    BTW if they start selling sugar cubes coated in icing, dusted with caster sugar, deep fried in batter, I'm the one to thank.

I didn't say the survey was an annual event, it's not. The underlying tone of the survey is exactly what we have seen at the club. Whilst KM may have signed the survey itself off, it's contents mirror exactly the rhetoric out of the club for the past 3 years. Nothing in the survey is something I wouldn't have expected to see in a survey from the club carried out at any point before KM joined.

• Options

londonowl said:

londonowl said:

I'm sure it's her doing.

To be fair, they aren't mutually exclusive. Your club's modus operandi under Chanseri is probably why she got the job.
    Yes and no. I think the difference between Chansiri and Roland is that Chansiri genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart. He has been spectacularly badly advised throughout his ownership. That being said, he hasn't yet grasped that he has bought a club in one of the poorest parts of the country and the fans are in no position to fund the club for him.
  • Options
    Have they actually won a game since she's been there?
  • Options
    Beat Derby midweek
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Beat Derby midweek

Shame
  • Options
    londonowl, next time you see her ask her to explain the offside laws to you, i’ll guarantee she won’t have a clue!
  • Options
    londonowl said:

Seems a bit of a coincidence though that it comes out in the first couple of weeks after her taking over.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Not going too well, lost to Scum tonight
  • Options
    Shame. She always looked so keen and interested in her job.
  • Options
    Would be funny if they went down but can't see it.