Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options

Not sure how Daisy will perform with an owner actually present and breathing down her neck?

Remember she's used to a weekly conference call live from the bunker with the incoherent Duchatelet during one of his daily nappy changes.

As before, she will giggle, give coy looks and claim she is being picked on for being a woman.
  • Options
    I suspect the same attitude will apply - the “customers” are stupid, and they can like it or lump it. Mix in a few lies, the odd sofa, a bit of house music and you are doing a good job. Uniquely.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Dazzler21 said:

To confirm she was at Uni when said tweet was tweeted and on top of that, it looks like the account was set up and only the one tweet was ever sent... I'd assume it was a twape (a bit like a frape) *both are disgusting terms* or it was a scorned woman before people were more careful about social media...

She obviously doesn't use twitter and it may just be a case that she shares the same name with someone else...
    There must be hundreds of Lungi Macebos out there in FaceTwat land

• Options
    interested to know id anyone knows if the SWFC CEO Job was publically advertised ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

interested to know id anyone knows if the SWFC CEO Job was publically advertised ?

I don't think it needs to be. We are not a publicly traded compnay. Have no Committee or Board. We have an Owner/Chairman. He can do and does do as he sees fit.

To be fair to him, he took immediate action on a lot of the stuff that had been desperately under invested in over the years. He is not a Vincent Tan type. Far from it, he's quite personable, he's open to discussion with the fans but the answer is invariably well, that's what I've decided and that's what's happening'.

What he is though is incredibly inexperienced. I think he takes great offence at being wronged as well. We have had players on our books for over 2 years nowhere near the team for reasons we are not 100% sure of yet they would be left to rot rather than be sold/loaned out.

The George Hirst situation is an interesting one. Its very polarising because we don't know the facts and in equal measures people blame the club, agents and player. This is an England under 18 striker, son of local legend David Hirst, scorer of shed loads of goals at every level he has played including International. He is under contract to us until the end of the season yet has not kicked a ball for us at any level, full, reserve or youth all season and we have refused to let him go on loan.

On one side, people say we have offered a derisory contract (rumoured at £2k a week) for a player who can just go to a PL academy and get £10k. On the other side, it is suggested we have made a very fair contract offer far above what anyone in his position can demand but that the player or his agents are being greedy and looking for first team money for a player that has only made a couple of sub appearances and is not first team ready.

We will probably never know the truth. We turned down £2m from Leicester for him in the summer and our only good prospect in the last 20 years, Wednesday fan and son of a legend, will almost certainly never be seen in our shirt again. The whole sorry mess is either a bitter indictment of our club or shows that the player is just a greedy little toerag. Depends who you ask.

Either way, he will probably go on a free in the summer, routed through a European feeder club or Celtic to avoid a tribunal fee having to be paid to us.
  • Options
    Could be he gets a big pay rise when he plays in the first team, (Diego Poyet had a similar one when with us).
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to fill us in on Wednesday's woes. I didn't realise they were in quite such a state.

Sadly, I don't think Daisy has the skills to turn it around. She certainly doesn't have the 'common touch' that might help smooth things over with fans.
  • Options
    Roland giving fans cheap ticket does not really match a typical Roland personality trait. Still don't know why he did that.
  • Options
    It sounds as if the SW owner has decided iv'e put in a fortune to get to the Premier league but not anymore , unlike Roland. If he thinks he can now run the club as a business it is the beginning of a downward spiral. Employing KM will just speed it up a bit
  • Options

It sounds as if the SW owner has decided iv'e put in a fortune to get to the Premier league but not anymore , unlike Roland. If he thinks he can now run the club as a business it is the beginning of a downward spiral. Employing KM will just speed it up a bit

100% this.
  • Options
    He will probably change the colour of the shirts to red as its considered lucky - a la Cardiff.

I'm afraid that cow tailing to the very rich continues unless...Viva la revolution from all football club fans (apart from Man Utd).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    *kowtowing?? (=kneel and touch the ground with the forehead in worship or submission as part of Chinese custom.)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

He will probably change the colour of the shirts to red as its considered lucky - a la Cardiff.

I'm afraid that cow tailing to the very rich continues unless...Viva la revolution from all football club fans (apart from Man Utd).

Or we should follow the Germans blueprint on how clubs should be run; "Lebe Fussball"?
  • Options
    Seems like all the hard work has already been done by your owner and Katie has just been brought in as the cherry on top of the cake. At least it puts her appointment in some context. Good luck @londonowl think you have a bumpy road ahead at SWFC
  • Options
    Thanks londonowl for a very interesting summary.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

*kowtowing?? (=kneel and touch the ground with the forehead in worship or submission as part of Chinese custom.)

• Options
    I hope Katy doesn't tail the cow too closely - she might end up with more than earth on her shoes!